iPhone or Google phone? the 2010 edition

snookie_wookums

CAGiversary!
Last time this was asked the thread was named "iPhone or DROID?"

Well, I went with the iPhone and yes it kinda sucks to be locked into the Apple App store but at the same time it's so easy to use that it kinda negates the lack of freedom with the ease-of-use argument.

Yesterday, jailbreaking became officially legal in the USA and there's nothing Apple can do to mess up your iPhone without facing legal repercussions. That's right, if they brick it now they have to fix it for free, no more of their "we won't fix jailbroken phones it's your fault it got bricked" bullshit.

But still I'm curious why anyone would still prefer a Google phone because the whole argument for them is kinda predicated on it being "more open", which is no longer the case since the iPhone App store is no longer the only supermarket where we can shop for Apps. What now bitches?

if you brick your iphone jailbreaking and apple knows, you are fucked. It voids your warranty just like it always has. The chances of bricking your phone are slim and if something does happen an itunes restore usually works.

I have used both a iphone 3g and a now a HTC EVO, previously a G1 owner. Having the integrated google services for so long i cant see myself going back. Sure the iphone has apps and thats its strong point, but I like the UI of the HTC EVO much better.

bread's done
Back