iPhone Questions

SOLIDSNAKE

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, i am thinkin about getting an iphone and i was curious about some of its features. What video file formats does it accept, i cant seem to find that info anywhere. Also, does it have a built in GPS navigator with turn by turn directions? I know it has google maps but i am just wondering. -Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

[quote name='SOLIDSNAKE']Hey guys, i am thinkin about getting an iphone and i was curious about some of its features. What video file formats does it accept, i cant seem to find that info anywhere. Also, does it have a built in GPS navigator with turn by turn directions? I know it has google maps but i am just wondering. -Thanks for the help, appreciate it.[/quote]

It accepts whatever video files are on your itunes. So whatever you can import to iTunes.

It does not have GPS. It has locate me, it locates you from cell towers not GPS satellites. So it does not track you while you move. It has built in google maps which gives you fine directions though.

The only video format the iphone supports is mp4 (mpeg4). Also the "locate me" app is only available by jailbreaking/hacking your iphone.

[quote name='stunner316']the "locate me" app is only available by jailbreaking/hacking your iphone.[/QUOTE]

Nope, it comes with the newest iPhone firmware update

http://support.apple.com/specs/iphone/iPhone.html

Video
Video formats supported: H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

I suggest reading the rest of that page for more specs.

bread's done
Back