Ipod Nano 6th gen broke. What should I replace it with?

thrifty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ugh this was really something I didn't want breaking down on me. The button on my ipod nano 6th gen 16gb recently wore out. It was the switch below the button which seems to happen to a lot of people. I tried opening it up to fix it since it was beyond the 1 year warranty, but now the screen also doesn't turn back on.

Looking on amazon they still sell the 6th gen but people are asking for $200 for it when I originally bought mine for 150ish. I'm thinking Apple discontinued this model because people were creating housings where you could fit it into a watch and they don't want to compete with their upcoming wearable device. Does anyone happen to know the best place to sell the broken device? It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to fix with a few replacement components.

I actually preferred the 6th gen over the 7th gen because it was smaller. Now i'm not sure if I should wait for apple to release some kind of watch device, just buy a 6th gen replacement, get a 7th gen for $140 or get an ipod touch for $270.

I do want to buy another apple device because I like the ease of use of itunes (being able to sync around 14gb selected out of my collection with 1 click). BUt i'm also hesitant to drop another couple hundred on anything they make with mechanical switches that wear down.

What do you guys think? Are we due for price drops on any of this stuff or do you think new models will come out soon? I'll probably wait until black friday to make any purchase unless a good deal pops up. I can make due with a cd player for a couple months.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah in terms of size the shuffle is perfect.but i need at least 16gb. it was torture selecting only14gb worth of my music to fit on there which is how much room you actually get on the 16gb devices. for now i will wait. best case scenario they release a new 16gb shuffle sized device or a watch.

i think getting a touch would be overkill especially since i have a vita. i actually made this post from a vita.

definitely getting a squaretrade warranty off amazon with whatever i get. hope they release a watch soon and nothing that tracks our location with all the recent nsa revelations.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back