iPod Touch\iPhone\iPad -- Ongoing App Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

YouTube Video Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center exchange thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

I have a 16GB and its more than enough since apps are the only thing I keep on it, everything else can be streamed

I have a few bigger ones to and still have room

[quote name='jacknicklson']I have a 16GB and its more than enough since apps are the only thing I keep on it, everything else can be streamed

I have a few bigger ones to and still have room[/QUOTE]

What about 3G vs the others? I know you pay extra for that stuff too. Is it important to get the newer models for stuff like that or no? I am just trying to decide what base model to buy......though a small number of people are predicting that the Ipad 2 wont just have more features but also be cheaper. I doubt that is true but if it was who knows I may just get an IPad 2.

"And, to fulfill the semi-regular CAG quota of Engrish release freebies, there's Red Rum (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/red-rum/id419056301?mt=8).
"Play it,no regret !
A lonely hero,a Metallic color gun,he was fighting with the forces of evil by himself!
In the game,you will control the hero,Adjust shooting Angle ,From all the angles ,or depand on the bullets,or depand on the power of the dynamite,to kill all the terrorists.
Features:
- the accurate shooting-the tricky flight track
-Absolutely mental test!
- subtle insight observation
-the dynamic ,cool music
-Timely stability update and upgrade!"

Wow, this Yan Yu guy is awesome. He's stolen the Hitman poster graphic for his Red Rum title screen and is stealing Disney and Mattel stuff for his other games. I wonder how this stuff gets into the App Store? :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MSI Magus']What about 3G vs the others? I know you pay extra for that stuff too. Is it important to get the newer models for stuff like that or no? I am just trying to decide what base model to buy......though a small number of people are predicting that the Ipad 2 wont just have more features but also be cheaper. I doubt that is true but if it was who knows I may just get an IPad 2.[/QUOTE]

I have the 16 as well and it's plenty.

One thing about apple. They rarely lower their prices. If anything they will keep the 499 price and up the specs. They do this with the iPod all the time.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I have the 16 as well and it's plenty.

One thing about apple. They rarely lower their prices. If anything they will keep the 499 price and up the specs. They do this with the iPod all the time.[/QUOTE]

/nod but it should drive the price down on the second hand market. I figure lets say it costs me $300 for a used one now, chances are it will drop the price down to $200-$250. If it does not, then o well I get the Ipad 2 and enjoy the added features. If we were still 6+ months off maybe id not wait, but we are supposed to be hearing/seeing it within a month or two.

[quote name='demonchylde']Wow, this Yan Yu guy is awesome. He's stolen the Hitman poster graphic for his Red Rum title screen and is stealing Disney and Mattel stuff for his other games. I wonder how this stuff gets into the App Store? :applause:[/QUOTE]

Check out the obviously fake 5 star Engrish reviews.

"
Shocking sound and amazing screen

It is very interesting to play. The operation is so easy that you can play it without notes.The sound of the gun ,the blood,the bomb and all others are very similar to real.Adds it is also trial your logic. General is a good game and like it very much."
"

and

"
suport

by rabbit ga flying bullet!
a very good game!

"

Not sure if anyone would be interested on this one, but Tokyo Teleport Plus is FREE (it's not a game). Regular price is $9.99, on holidays it was on sale for $0.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tokyo-teleport-plus/id359011509?mt=8

We're featured again as a Staff Favorite on the iTunes App Store! We want everyone to experience "...the best travel app [jaunted.com] has ever used..." so we're making it free for a limited time! (regularly $9.99) Let's get it to the top of the travel category!

Don't just travel, Teleport! Become an instant expert - just sit back, watch the short cultural, language, and neighborhood overviews, and dive right in to the bustling metropolis. With over 50 TokyoTV videos, choosing Tokyo's best experiences is as easy as watching Elina explain them to you. Because travel books are so last century.

Another quick question that just popped in my head and is rather important. Has apple confirmed backwards compatibility yet? I am guessing that the Ipad2 will play games and apps from the IPad, but just want to make 100% sure. O and another one I guess, do Iphone games play on the Ipad? Thought I read somewhere they they do. Thanks to the community and sorry to ask so many questions!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Going to be getting an Ipad in the next month or two(trying to wait for Ipad 2 before grabbing one)and have two questions for you guys...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']Sometimes you ask a question like that and not a single person responds(or gives helpful answers)...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']O another quick q...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']What about 3G vs the others?...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']/nod but it should drive the price down on the second hand market...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSI Magus']Another quick question that just popped in my head and is rather important...[/QUOTE]
We're happy to get another CAG with an iOS device, but seriously wrong thread to be asking non-deal related questions. I suggest you check out http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php, good source of info for all things iPad (except for game deals, for which you should visit this thread daily).

[quote name='lilman']We're happy to get another CAG with an iOS device, but seriously wrong thread to be asking non-deal related questions. I suggest you check out http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php, good source of info for all things iPad (except for game deals, for which you should visit this thread daily).[/QUOTE]

doesn't bother me. I just skip the parts where he's talking about that and get to the deals. This thread literally goes off topic at least once or twice per day. Who cares?

[quote name='Darknuke']doesn't bother me. I just skip the parts where he's talking about that and get to the deals. This thread literally goes off topic at least once or twice per day. Who cares?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. if all anyone did was say what games are on sale and never comment on them or ask for advice this thread would be pretty pointless, as you can get a list of all the deals going on without commentary, which some seem to find distracting and even offensive, from numerous sources. Just go to appshopper if you dont want any commentary.

To answer his questions, there is no way current ipad games wont be playable on an ipad 2. Also, all iphone games can be played on your ipad(by doubling the screen size), but not all ipad games can be played on your phone. If a game can be natively played on both devices(ie Universal) it will have a little plus sign by the price.

Also, league of evil is getting a free update that adds 30 levels(i think thats how many). The game rules, its only problem is its length, which the update will help.

K, if no one minds then I'll try to answer your last question.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Has apple confirmed backwards compatibility yet? I am guessing that the Ipad2 will play games and apps from the IPad, but just want to make 100% sure.[/QUOTE]
Apple hasn't really said anything official regarding iPad 2. It's a safe assumption that it will support all previous iPad and iPhone games since it will have at least as good specs as the current gen iPad (probably higher) and all current iOS devices support older software.

[quote name='MSI Magus']O and another one I guess, do Iphone games play on the Ipad? Thought I read somewhere they they do.[/QUOTE]
Yes, iPhone games play on the iPad. You have the option to enable 2x view so that the iPhone app takes up more of the iPad screen (still won't fill it up completely, but much better than playing at original iPhone resolution). Obviously anything involving a camera won't work, but all other apps should be ok. Note that since the iPhone has a smaller screen, graphics won't look as nice and the interface may not control as well on the iPad (for example, osd button locations on an iPhone may be uncomfortable on an iPad).

Btw, I say if you've waited this long then hold out for iPad 2. I don't think the specs are going to be revolutionary (i.e. it won't be worth trading in my current iPad), but for new buyers it will be worth the extra wait. 3g vs wifi version depends on the user... personally I don't travel too often but when I do I like having 3g available. More importantly get the largest size that you can afford, the longer you watch this thread for deals the more space you'll use up :p The most I've seen a game use is about 1GB for some big name hd titles (like Rage, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia WW), but there are also many games that take up less than 50MB.

[quote name='caltab']Agreed. if all anyone did was say what games are on sale and never comment on them or ask for advice this thread would be pretty pointless, as you can get a list of all the deals going on without commentary, which some seem to find distracting and even offensive, from numerous sources. Just go to appshopper if you dont want any commentary.

To answer his questions, there is no way current ipad games wont be playable on an ipad 2. Also, all iphone games can be played on your ipad(by doubling the screen size), but not all ipad games can be played on your phone. If a game can be natively played on both devices(ie Universal) it will have a little plus sign by the price.

Also, league of evil is getting a free update that adds 30 levels(i think thats how many). The game rules, its only problem is its length, which the update will help.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just did not see the point in gunking up the forums with another topic when there was someplace with an established community to ask. Thanks for answering too! I am def sold on getting an IPad at this point, I am just torn on if I want to try and wait and get an Ipad on the cheap after the Ipad 2 hits or if I want to just get an Ipad 2 new. Does not help that people are rumoring the Ipad 3 to come out in the fall or winter of this year....

Regardless thanks for your help. I think I will start buying ipad games over the next month or two if they are listed free or on sale!

[quote name='lilman']K, if no one minds then I'll try to answer your last question.

Apple hasn't really said anything official regarding iPad 2. It's a safe assumption that it will support all previous iPad and iPhone games since it will have at least as good specs as the current gen iPad (probably higher) and all current iOS devices support older software.

Yes, iPhone games play on the iPad. You have the option to enable 2x view so that the iPhone app takes up more of the iPad screen (still won't fill it up completely, but much better than playing at original iPhone resolution). Obviously anything involving a camera won't work, but all other apps should be ok. Note that since the iPhone has a smaller screen, graphics won't look as nice and the interface may not control as well on the iPad (for example, osd button locations on an iPhone may be uncomfortable on an iPad).

Btw, I say if you've waited this long then hold out for iPad 2. I don't think the specs are going to be revolutionary (i.e. it won't be worth trading in my current iPad), but for new buyers it will be worth the extra wait. 3g vs wifi version depends on the user... personally I don't travel too often but when I do I like having 3g available. Get the largest size that you can afford, the longer you watch this thread for deals the more space you'll use up :p The most I've seen a game use is about 1GB for some big name hd titles (like Rage, Splinter Cell, Prince of Persia WW), but there are also many games that take up less than 50MB.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer. I am slowly leaning towards getting an Ipad 2 but at the same time its tempting to just try and get an Ipad on craigslist for around $200-$300 vs having to spend $500+ on an Ipad 2 most likely. As for size I am thinking I will do at least a 16 gig but most likely will do a 32. I know I am a gamer that gets his hand on as many games as possible and I like having lots of games installed at once. It just makes sense to spend a little more for a bigger HD.

Is it possible to buy games for an ipad but also download them to another ipad? I was thinking it over in my head that itunes can only sync with one ipad like howit can only sync with one iphone.

[quote name='boneless']Is it possible to buy games for an ipad but also download them to another ipad? I was thinking it over in my head that itunes can only sync with one ipad like howit can only sync with one iphone.[/QUOTE]

You can sync multiple iPhones/iPads to the same iTunes. I do it with my iPhone and my girlfriends. What you can't do is sync an iPhone to multiple iTunes. So if I took my iPhone over to my friends, and wanted a game from his machine, I couldn't sync my phone with his computer and keep my stuff.

Although, I think if you signed in on your phone with his iTunes account, you could then download anything he had bought for free - you'd just never be able get any updates unless he signed in again on your phone.

[quote name='caltab']Also, league of evil is getting a free update that adds 30 levels(i think thats how many). The game rules, its only problem is its length, which the update will help.[/QUOTE]

Really? Awesome. That game is addicting as hell. Best platformer on the iOS for sure. Definitely reminds me of Super Meat Boy (though not quite as difficult imo).

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Not sure if anyone would be interested on this one, but Tokyo Teleport Plus is FREE (it's not a game). Regular price is $9.99, on holidays it was on sale for $0.99.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tokyo-teleport-plus/id359011509?mt=8

We're featured again as a Staff Favorite on the iTunes App Store! We want everyone to experience "...the best travel app [jaunted.com] has ever used..." so we're making it free for a limited time! (regularly $9.99) Let's get it to the top of the travel category!

Don't just travel, Teleport! Become an instant expert - just sit back, watch the short cultural, language, and neighborhood overviews, and dive right in to the bustling metropolis. With over 50 TokyoTV videos, choosing Tokyo's best experiences is as easy as watching Elina explain them to you. Because travel books are so last century.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, this thing is a beast (570MB) but of course I'm downloading it anyway. Good thing I just got another 2TB hard drive. Yes, I should probably seek help for my acquisition addiction. Oh well, at least it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble (mostly). . .

[quote name='Dimsdale']Wow, this thing is a beast (570MB) but of course I'm downloading it anyway. Good thing I just got another 2TB hard drive. Yes, I should probably seek help for my acquisition addiction. Oh well, at least it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble (mostly). . .[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, yeah Dims. When I started downloading I was wondering why it was taking so long, then I noticed the file size. :lol:

[quote name='boneless']Is it possible to buy games for an ipad but also download them to another ipad? I was thinking it over in my head that itunes can only sync with one ipad like howit can only sync with one iphone.[/QUOTE]

Yep. You can even "appshare" this way. My fiance and I share each other our apps whenever we buy something new. You just have to log onto the computer they're syncing to, re download the app, and it'll download your apps onto their device as well. Love this feature

[quote name='Cimpy101']Yep. You can even "appshare" this way. My fiance and I share each other our apps whenever we buy something new. You just have to log onto the computer they're syncing to, re download the app, and it'll download your apps onto their device as well. Love this feature[/QUOTE]

How do you prevent it from making you lose all your stuff?

[quote name='typical guy']How do you prevent it from making you lose all your stuff?[/QUOTE]

So in my case, as long as I log into my name on HER computer and redownload MY apps, so that both our apps on the computer she syncs to, you'll be fine. Don't expect to sync "apps" from multiple computers. It all has to be in one local place.

When she syncs her iphone it downloads all the apps from her itunes playlist, including mine.

Keep in mind you can only do this with someone you trust because anytime an app of mine has an update, she has to enter my password (and hers as well if her apps require updates too) to get it. If you don't trust someone with your password, forget about this

[quote name='Darknuke']Really? Awesome. That game is addicting as hell. Best platformer on the iOS for sure. Definitely reminds me of Super Meat Boy (though not quite as difficult imo).[/QUOTE]

The update has 30 new levels plus additional extra hard levels, so it's more then 30 levels. I can't remember the number of extra hard levels. 10? Not sure. I can't wait for it. It's such a great game and, I have to say, these folks did what those SMB idiots said was impossible. Does anyone remember with the SMB folks released a joke app for the iPhone and they charged for it? I don't care if they want to make a joke app, but to charge for it? They're just screwing their own customers over, just because they (the SMB team) didn't have a clue.

Also, to go along with others above, we sync two iphones to the same computer and iTunes. There's no problem with that at all.

The new Gameloft freemium Starfront: Collision is now available in the U.S. App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starfront-collision/id402025815?mt=8).
"Welcome to planet Sinistral, where rare Xenodium crystals are coveted by a human mining conglomerate called the Consortium. However, they are not the only ones after the rare mineral. The Myriad, an indigenous race of aliens, is addicted to Xenodium and will do everything they can to prevent the Consortium from plundering their resources. To add to the chaos, a sentient robot race called the Wardens is trying to turn the war in their favor. Whose side will you choose?
With Starfront: Collision, choose from 3 unique but balanced races and deploy your strategy for victory in this battle. Each faction can construct 8 different buildings and over 10 destructive units to create build up their base and mount an unstoppable assault on adversaries. Once you’ve mastered the solo campaign, put your skills to the test in exciting multiplayer battles."

Fantastic 4 In A Row
is the new OpenFeint freebie (http://itunes.apple.com/app/fantastic-4-in-a-row/id354728621?mt=8).
"4 In A Row has never been so much fun! Our Classic Checkers theme is one that all can enjoy as you try to beat the computer or play against a friend. The Christmas Beat theme lets you stack up the ornaments while listening to upbeat Christmas music from around the world. Our Jammin' Sports theme keeps you pumped as you play basketball versus soccer."

The board game-without-a-board, Hive, is also currently available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id335501575?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4#).
"Hive is a board game with a difference. There is no board! The pieces are added to the playing area thus creating the board. As more and more pieces are added the game becomes a fight to see who can be the first to capture the opposing Queen Bee.
The soldier ants battle to keep control of the outside of the hive, whilst the Beetles climb up to dominate the top. Spiders moving into holding positions as the Grasshoppers jump in for the kill. Keeping one eye on the hive and the other on your opponents reserves, the tension builds as one wrong move will see your Queen Bee quickly engulfed; .... game over!

[quote name='Dimsdale']The new Gameloft freemium Starfront: Collision is now available in the U.S. App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/starfront-collision/id402025815?mt=8).
"Welcome to planet Sinistral, where rare Xenodium crystals are coveted by a human mining conglomerate called the Consortium. However, they are not the only ones after the rare mineral. The Myriad, an indigenous race of aliens, is addicted to Xenodium and will do everything they can to prevent the Consortium from plundering their resources. To add to the chaos, a sentient robot race called the Wardens is trying to turn the war in their favor. Whose side will you choose?
With Starfront: Collision, choose from 3 unique but balanced races and deploy your strategy for victory in this battle. Each faction can construct 8 different buildings and over 10 destructive units to create build up their base and mount an unstoppable assault on adversaries. Once you’ve mastered the solo campaign, put your skills to the test in exciting multiplayer battles."

[/QUOTE]

Most definitely picking up StarFront. Starcraft on my iPhone? Hell yes please!

League of Evil update is out, but it wiped out my progress. :( At least I can play the new levels without having to complete the old ones again, but it's still a bummer. Oh well, I'll enjoy playing through the original levels again once I'm done with the new ones.

since everyone is off topic, i have a quick question for you iOS savvy CAGers...

i'm in US & have 3rd gen 32gb itouch w/ $50+ in apps (most from this site @ 1$-2$). my good friend in the UK wants to buy my itouch from me, & i want to include all the apps & music. i'm not planning on ever getting another iOS device (& i trust him), so i was going to include my account & password as part of the sale. no credit card is on the account (i used giftcards). the itouch has only been used with my 1 laptop, so it should have 4 more PCs it can be used with. i'm wanting to turn over ownership to everything to him (ideally letting him change all the info to his). would this work out as easy as i'm hoping, or am i completely missing something that will complicate or hinder this sale? any help would be greatly appreciated.

very sorry for not going to the other thread, but i, too, trust the CAGers in this thread (i have been watching this thread for a LONG time). thank you in advance for any help. i really appreciate it.

[quote name='crunchewy']League of Evil update is out, but it wiped out my progress. :( At least I can play the new levels without having to complete the old ones again, but it's still a bummer. Oh well, I'll enjoy playing through the original levels again once I'm done with the new ones.[/QUOTE]

fuck me too. maybe wait on the update, unless you don't care about your progress. I had every star and every briefcase :(

At first I couldn't believe that StarFront was free... until I saw in-app purchases are required for most everything. -__-" I would rather just pay for a full game than deal with that crap. Edit: Oh, nevermind, it's just one in-app purchase of $7...

On another note, I want to thank whoever recommended Love Battle Princess. I've never played a game like it, and I'm so addicted. It may look gaudy and shallow, but it's really a fantastic game.

I've been enjoying Dungeon Raid a lot, too. I find that it's fun to see how high of a score you can get, and the playing conditions are always different, so you can experiment with different tactics. It's even better when you have friends to go up against. Add me on GameCenter or Openfeint (PrarieD0G with a zero) if you wanna compete :twisted: . NOVA 2 is also pretty sweet... I don't have any complaints about the controls (using standard). Great graphics, satisfying kills--a solid FPS for the iPod.

Wanted to give a quick shout-out to Kick Buttowski: Loco Launcho (http://itunes.apple.com/app/kick-buttowski-loco-launcho/id399845380?mt=8). I originally downloaded this for my kids, but I found myself playing it earlier this evening. Playing and playing it, actually. It's surprisingly well done for a Disney freebie. It has the right combination of achievement goals and upgrades to keep me trying for that inevitable "one last time." Anyway, if you're looking for some nice, mindless fun, you can certainly do a lot worse.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Wanted to give a quick shout-out to Kick Buttowski: Loco Launcho (http://itunes.apple.com/app/kick-buttowski-loco-launcho/id399845380?mt=8). I originally downloaded this for my kids, but I found myself playing it earlier this evening. Playing and playing it, actually. It's surprisingly well done for a Disney freebie. It has the right combination of achievement goals and upgrades to keep me trying for that inevitable "one last time." Anyway, if you're looking for some nice, mindless fun, you can certainly do a lot worse.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me with save toshi dx. It's slipped right under the radar here but I dare say it's almost cut the rope good.

[quote name='twztid13']since everyone is off topic, i have a quick question for you iOS savvy CAGers...

i'm in US & have 3rd gen 32gb itouch w/ $50+ in apps (most from this site @ 1$-2$). my good friend in the UK wants to buy my itouch from me, & i want to include all the apps & music. i'm not planning on ever getting another iOS device (& i trust him), so i was going to include my account & password as part of the sale. no credit card is on the account (i used giftcards). the itouch has only been used with my 1 laptop, so it should have 4 more PCs it can be used with. i'm wanting to turn over ownership to everything to him (ideally letting him change all the info to his). would this work out as easy as i'm hoping, or am i completely missing something that will complicate or hinder this sale? any help would be greatly appreciated.

very sorry for not going to the other thread, but i, too, trust the CAGers in this thread (i have been watching this thread for a LONG time). thank you in advance for any help. i really appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
I don't see any huge problems with what you're trying to do. The biggest concern would be the music if your friend has plans to sync his own stuff too. He'll need to follow one of the guides on the web to get the music off your iPod and on to his computer (or you could burn everything to discs for him?). Because once he syncs his library it's going to remove your stuff if he doesn't have it in his library.

Apps should be fine because as you said you can have 5 computers authorized for your content.

Oh, and it's "CAGs" btw ;)

Psssst. World of Goo HD. $.99. If you didn't get it before, get it now. World of Goo, I know you probably got it already for your PC from one of the bajillion sales, but hey... its a great game. And it's a buck.

Add the dwarfy Pop Gems to your collection of match-3 puzzlers while it's FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pop-gems/id416551459?mt=8#). C'mon, you know you want to. . .
"The greedy dwarf loves gems and brings a huge bag to collect gems in forest. Come among with relaxing music, help the dwarf to collect more gems as you can!
To meet the level target, collect gems with strategy without time limit.
> Match mores gems in a row to make more scores.
> Try to collect all gems, more bonus with less gems remained."

Reiner Knizia's Yoku-Gami is on sale for .99 right now (http://itunes.apple.com/app/reiner-knizias-yoku-gami/id416515528?mt=8).
"Yoku-Gami is a unique, challenging and addictive game. This easy to learn game is from the mind of award winning game designer Dr. Reiner Knizia. The rules are very straight forward so anyone can play, learn, have a blast and exercise their mind.
Join Yoki in this endless fun loving game which is idea for the whole family. Simply clear the numbers from the board and make your next move. Stuck? No worries, just tap Yoki and he will show you the right combination."

I don't have my iPad on me and I'm worried that the World of Goo sale will be over by the time I get home at 9:00 PM Eastern. Is there any way to buy an iPad game on the iPhone just to have it linked to my iTunes account? Then I'll download it onto my iPad later.

The last time they had this sale on Valentine's Day, the price jumped back up even though I tried purchasing it at 11:00 Eastern (which would only be 8:00 Pacific).

[quote name='Kendro']I don't have my iPad on me and I'm worried that the World of Goo sale will be over by the time I get home at 9:00 PM Eastern. Is there any way to buy an iPad game on the iPhone just to have it linked to my iTunes account? Then I'll download it onto my iPad later.

The last time they had this sale on Valentine's Day, the price jumped back up even though I tried purchasing it at 11:00 Eastern (which would only be 8:00 Pacific).[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you cant. If you pm your itunes email ill gift it for you and you can paypal me the money

In for Kick Buttowski: Loco Launcho. Also decided to buy The Blocks Cometh for 99 cents (not a sale). I haven't had a chance to try either yet. Lastly there's a 2.0 update out for Pix'n Love Rush with a new game mode. Haven't tried that yet either. :)

Regarding the League of Evil update trashing your save data, LoE tweeted this:

Regarding the data progress in the update. It was an accident. We're sorry. We will address this as a major bug and fix in the next update.

and this:

We can't guarantee we can restore the save data but if can, we will restore it if still exists. We are looking into it.

[quote name='crunchewy']Regarding the League of Evil update trashing your save data, LoE tweeted this[/QUOTE]

Inability to manage game save data is by far the weakest aspect of gaming on the apple devices. fuck tactile buttons, I want to be able to backup and restore game saves.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Unfortunately you cant. If you pm your itunes email ill gift it for you and you can paypal me the money[/QUOTE]

It's cool, I'll just risk buying it when I get home. I really appreciate your nice gesture though.

[quote name='Kendro']It's cool, I'll just risk buying it when I get home. I really appreciate your nice gesture though.[/QUOTE]

can you just gift it to yourself?

[quote name='dubbfoolio']can you just gift it to yourself?[/QUOTE]

He can't buy it on his iPhone because it's iPad only and so doesn't show up in the iPhone app store.

I also decided to pick up Reiner Knizia's Yoku-Gami. It doesn't look entirely for me, even though I'm an RK fan, but I figure for 99 cents I'll give it a shot anyway. Thanks for the heads up on that sale, Dimsdale.

[quote name='crunchewy']League of Evil update is out, but it wiped out my progress. :( At least I can play the new levels without having to complete the old ones again, but it's still a bummer. Oh well, I'll enjoy playing through the original levels again once I'm done with the new ones.[/QUOTE]

the hard levels are legit. I tried the first one for a few minutes and couldn't pass it, they seem to take memorizing the level pattern.

with the new update there are now 54 original levels, 30 new ones, and 18 "impossible missions." This game went from a very strong recommendation by me to a must have for a buck. I could also see them releasing even more updates in the future.

I think the iPod Touch\iPhone\iPad -- Ongoing App Sales posts are pretty well maxed out here right off the bat.
Makes my work easy. All I have to do is pick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back