iPod Touch\iPhone\iPad -- Ongoing App Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

YouTube Video Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center exchange thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

[quote name='javeryh']Really? I've noticed that if an app hangs and I can't do anything even after exiting and going back in the only way to "close" it is to double click the home button, hold down the app icon and press the minus sign to truly "close" it. Then it will open with no problems. I always assumed this meant that everything in that list was open and running somehow in the background...[/QUOTE]

You are both right:

1) The list is a list of most recently used apps.
2) The "most recent" of those are likely still held in memory and "deleting" it from the list will ensure it loads fresh when you launch it again.
3) Apps in memory shouldn't really hog down the battery unless they are actively doing something like downloading or what not. They are effectively frozen
4) Deleting all of the apps in memory can appear make things a little smoother as the system doesn't have to eject anything from memory before opening a new app.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Felder71']You are both right:

1) The list is a list of most recently used apps.
2) The "most recent" of those are likely still held in memory and "deleting" it from the list will ensure it loads fresh when you launch it again.
3) Apps in memory shouldn't really hog down the battery unless they are actively doing something like downloading or what not. They are effectively frozen
4) Deleting all of the apps in memory can appear make things a little smoother as the system doesn't have to eject anything from memory before opening a new app.[/QUOTE]

This is nice to know. So as soon as I hit the main button the app immediately closes?

[quote name='jcslao']This is nice to know. So as soon as I hit the main button the app immediately closes?[/QUOTE]

There's roughly 3 states an app has after you closed it.

1) It received notification it's closing. It has about 30 sec to do something in memory during that time, but that could be cut short. Apple wants an app to do any mopping up within a few seconds at most.

2) Handling "background" events, specifically: audio streaming (e.g. iPod), location, VOIP. Apps that use location (e.g. GPS) in background can potentially be huge battery suckers. If you go under Settings -> General -> Location Services and scroll through the apps that are set to "On", any of them that have a purple arrow that shows up in that list means they are listening for location based events in the background currently. There are 3 levels of event notification for location, but unfortunately you can't tell which the app is currently listening for (the most battery draining one is using GPS for w/i 5-10 meter accuracy).

3) Frozen, hibernated, serialized, etc. into active memory (RAM). This is a neat trick, right before the app closes, the OS takes a snapshot of the view the app is in, if you re-launch the app from this state it will show that snapshot briefly as it revives the app back to the state it was in right before it closed. This is considered a "quick launch." As the OS requires more RAM for more recently used apps it will boot these limbo apps out of memory. Apps do not get a notification when this happens.

This is not 100% accurate, for instance I believe an app can handle background events but not be "closing" or "frozen".

Overall, this model is pretty good for what it's hoping to accomplish. Some apps behave badly though when going into background and might require a hard kill through the task manager. This forces an app to launch as if it were launching for the first time.

There's a new FREE version of Silverfish available to those who'd like to try out this terrific little timewaster (http://itunes.apple.com/app/silverfish-free/id415056055?mt=8). The full version is still on sale for .99, too, in case you want to upgrade (http://itunes.apple.com/app/silverfish/id392478796?mt=8).
"Destroy the onslaught of space bugs in this intense and visually stunning arcade experience. Forget about watered down shooters with simulated controls - Silverfish was designed for touch input to provide authentic and unrelenting arcade action. It's retro reborn and reimagined!"

anyone having an issue with Plants vs Zombies after the new gamecenter update? After the update I try to play it and it just crashes instantly. I'm on an iphone 4, hope they have another update to fix it soon

[quote name='anarchyburger']anyone having an issue with Plants vs Zombies after the new gamecenter update? After the update I try to play it and it just crashes instantly. I'm on an iphone 4, hope they have another update to fix it soon[/QUOTE]
i had this problem, just shut down and restart your iphone and itll work fine.

Phoenix Spirit is free today. Seems like a cool Metroid clone.
Also that Pro Zombie Soccer game that went free a couple days ago turned out to be a blast. One of the best games I've downloaded for free.

Sword of Fargoal is great and I felt it was worth the full price, so definitely a good deal at the sale price of 99 cents.

Fish eat Fish for free is OK. It's exactly what the description makes it out to be. I found it fun for 5-10 minutes, but don't know how often I'll play it. It's pretty simple.

Not a sale, but Reiner Knizia's Teocalli was released ($1.99) and is a fun dice rolling solitaire game. It's worth $1.99, though I really hope they update it to support fast app switching and saving state. Still, the game is fun and clever, as seems always to be the case with Knizia games. http://appshopper.com/games/reiner-knizias-teocalli

I'm downloading Knight Defense and Knight Defense HD (for future iPad).

I was bored terribly by Sword of Fargoal. The only roguelike on Iphone I felt worth my time was 100 Rogues.

Always up for more Knizia though.

The puzzler Vizati is FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/vizati/id393099810?mt=8#).
"Vizati is a new and exciting puzzle game that will put your mind into test.
Julie and Ben have discovered a strange and magical cube. Together and with the help of other friends they try to discover it’s mysteries.
Use your finger to rotate, flip and shake the cube to find a solution for each puzzle.
You need need to connect the little vizati stones by color. There’s 2 different modes of playing it. One of them is story mode, the other one, Arcade mode is a more traditional way to play it."

I'm having an issue with iTunes. When I open it up and choose a game I want to download, it freezes when I click "Download Now". I have to shut it down through the Task Manager and start it back up for it to work properly. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling iTunes, but that hasn't helped. Any suggestions?

I just tried Pro Zombie Soccer (got it free recently) and it's not anything like I was expecting. Basicall a defense game. It's fun enough, but not really my cup of tea.

Electric French Fries is offering all their apps for free for the next 48 hours.

Mighty Clock PRICE DROP $0.99 -> FREE
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mighty-clock/id388284790?mt=8

Mighty Clock transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a brilliant digital alarm clock. Packed with useful features, Mighty Clock kicks your old alarm clock to the curb. Music alarm. Day and night modes. GPS weather. Flashlight. Soundscapes. Unlimited alarms. Custom snooze. Awesome style with large format numbers in six vivid colors. Perfect for home, travel and at the office, Mighty Clock is the best alarm clock you can fit in your pocket. Rests on your night stand and makes an ideal speaker dock companion. It's about time.

Charge Alert PRICE DROP $0.99 -> FREE
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/charge-alert/id394928028?mt=8#

Charge Alert speaks your battery level. Automatic notifications let you focus on other things and alert you the instant your battery is charged. Turn on notifications to get battery alerts while you're playing games, listening to music or using other apps. This handy app also estimates how long your next charge will take.

Death Knight is an FREE- FULL ACTION-PACKED battle between the FORCES of EVIL and GOOD. BRANDISH your WEAPON, UPGRADE it, and step onto the BATTLEFIELD!

✓ CAMPAIGN + ARENA MODES
✓ 5 unique WEAPON classes w/ SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
✓ 6 distinct WEAPON grades w/ VISIBLE DIFFERENCE
✓ UPGRADEABLE ARMOR and SHIELDS
✓ STUNNING ILLUSTRATIONS
✓ SWEET music + sound FX
✓ 77 LEVELS of epic ACTION
✓ 16 ENEMY types including BOSSES

[quote name='jcslao']Death Knight is an FREE- FULL ACTION-PACKED battle between the FORCES of EVIL and GOOD. BRANDISH your WEAPON, UPGRADE it, and step onto the BATTLEFIELD![/QUOTE=jcslao;8104110]
Just FYI, Death Knight is another one of those Triniti games that's a part of their multi-app releases. This one is included in the Gamebox 2 collection (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasytrader/id382251241?mt=8). So if you already have Gamebox 2, you can skip this double-dip.

If you have dreams of being a virtual day trader (yeah, me neither), you may want to grab FantasyTrader while it's FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasytrader/id382251241?mt=8). This one actually uses sports as a commodity so it may not be as boring as it sounds.
"Can you beat the stock market?
Try FantasyTrader, the stock exchange game where you can speculate on stocks such as David Beckham, Kobe Bryant and Adrian Peterson. FT is the NASDAQ of Sports and the first fantasy stock exchange game on App Store."

[quote name='jcslao']Death Knight is an FREE- FULL ACTION-PACKED battle between the FORCES of EVIL and GOOD. BRANDISH your WEAPON, UPGRADE it, and step onto the BATTLEFIELD![/QUOTE]
Just FYI, Death Knight is another one of those Triniti games that's a part of their multi-app releases. This one is included in the Gamebox 2 collection (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasytrader/id382251241?mt=8). So if you already have Gamebox 2, you can skip this double-dip.

If you have dreams of being a virtual day trader (yeah, me neither), you may want to grab FantasyTrader while it's FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasytrader/id382251241?mt=8). This one actually uses sports as a commodity so it may not be as boring as it sounds.
Try FantasyTrader, the stock exchange game where you can speculate on stocks such as David Beckham, Kobe Bryant and Adrian Peterson. FT is the NASDAQ of Sports and the first fantasy stock exchange game on App Store."

The match-3 sequel Treasures of Montezuma 2 has dropped to .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-treasures-of-montezuma-2/id338513222?mt=8#). It's never waivered from its $1.99 intro price, so I'm not sure if this is a sale or a permanent price reduction.
"Return to the jungle in The Treasures of Montezuma 2, an all-new match-three game with more levels, more challenges and more fun! Power-up totems and unleash special powers by making multiple matches of the same colored token. Then rack up a high score by activating Score Frenzy with a series of insanely fast matches. Finally, unlock trophies for performing amazing feats as you try to collect all of the gems on each level before time runs out.
Treasures of Montezuma 2 features a redesigned Adventure Mode with three difficulty levels, allowing players who thought the original Montezuma was too hard to win and giving experienced gamers who crave a challenge a chance to turn up the heat. A puzzle mode with 40 levels and an unlockable Endless Mode round out the features of this exceptional casual offering."

[quote name='The Linguist']Has anyone tried to play videos from Giant Bomb using their iPhone app? I can't get anything to play even when I'm on wifi.[/QUOTE]

Apparently if you read the reviews in the App Store for this app. It seems like the developers took video support away or not supporting it anymore.

So your not the only one with the problem. It's an update that needs to be released for it to work again correctly.

Hope this helps...

[quote name='Dimsdale']Just FYI, Death Knight is another one of those Triniti games that's a part of their multi-app releases. This one is included in the Gamebox 2 collection (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fantasytrader/id382251241?mt=8). So if you already have Gamebox 2, you can skip this double-dip.

"[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up, you linked to fantasy trader twice. Though it did lead to me downloading it so I'm not complaining, hah.

[quote name='jcslao']Apparently if you read the reviews in the App Store for this app. It seems like the developers took video support away or not supporting it anymore.

So your not the only one with the problem. It's an update that needs to be released for it to work again correctly.

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I looked for info at the Giant Bomb support page but not in the App store.

[quote name='Cimpy101']Just a heads up, you linked to fantasy trader twice. Though it did lead to me downloading it so I'm not complaining, hah.[/QUOTE]
Ooops. Sorry 'bout that. Here's a Gamebox 2 link for anyone who's interested: http://itunes.apple.com/app/gamebox-2/id371254525?mt=8.

Ghost Ninja: Zombie Beatdown has tumbled down to the CAG-approved price point of .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/ghost-ninja-zombie-beatdown/id395409859?mt=8#). There's also a lite version if you want to try before you buy (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghost-ninja-zombie-beatdown/id398442804?mt=8).
"Don't you hate it when you're about to meet up with your girlfriend, and you think "Gonna meet girl and all will be well. No zombie's or anything." But guess what, she's been captured by flesh eating zombies. Now your ghostly ancient great grandpa Endo from Japan shows up and he's all, "You did this!", and you’re all, "Say whaaah!” He's telling you it’s all your fault and now you have to save Amber and the world! You know, that old thing.
Now our teenage hero Mark gets unexpected help from his ghostly gramps, the only person who has some insight on, what's with the zombies everywhere. Long story short, Mark has unleashed Onryo, a witch from ancient Japan who's the sworn nemesis of grandpa Endo."

Ghost Ninja: Zombie Beatdown has tumbled down to the CAG-approved price point of .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/ghost-ninja-zombie-beatdown/id395409859?mt=8#). There's also a lite version if you want to try before you buy (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ghost-ninja-zombie-beatdown/id398442804?mt=8).
"Don't you hate it when you're about to meet up with your girlfriend, and you think "Gonna meet girl and all will be well. No zombie's or anything." But guess what, she's been captured by flesh eating zombies. Now your ghostly ancient great grandpa Endo from Japan shows up and he's all, "You did this!", and you’re all, "Say whaaah!” He's telling you it’s all your fault and now you have to save Amber and the world! You know, that old thing.
Now our teenage hero Mark gets unexpected help from his ghostly gramps, the only person who has some insight on, what's with the zombies everywhere. Long story short, Mark has unleashed Onryo, a witch from ancient Japan who's the sworn nemesis of grandpa Endo."

[quote name='The Linguist']Has anyone tried to play videos from Giant Bomb using their iPhone app? I can't get anything to play even when I'm on wifi.[/QUOTE]

They don't support it anymore, but the website got updated last year to play fine on the iphone browser (all videos are now mp4 instead of flash).

[quote name='Dimsdale']Ghost Ninja: Zombie Beatdown has tumbled down to the CAG-approved price point of .99[/QUOTE]

Heheheheh :roll:

The original The Treasures of Montezuma match-3 puzzler is now on sale again for .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-treasures-of-montezuma/id309047464?mt=8) so I'm going to assume its sequel is also at .99 for just a limited time (see a few posts above for the link).
"The Treasures of Montezuma features innovative gameplay in which you must make consecutive matches of the same artifacts to trigger Power Totems. Doing so unleashes awesome chain reaction effects that allow you to collect the gems you need before time runs out. While beating level after level, you'll also follow the beautiful and clever archeologist Dr. Emily Jones as she solves an ancient mystery that can transform the world. Enjoy this breathtaking match-three adventure today!"

Another Flash-to-iPhone game conversion, Between-The-Lines is now a FAAD freebie (http://itunes.apple.com/app/between-the-lines/id413153365?mt=8).
"With over SIX MILLION plays the flash version, Between The Lines has finally reached the iPhone! While still keeping the same fun mechanic that made the original such a success, we have added a bunch of extras and graphics to make the game even more enjoyable.
Between The Lines is a simple yet addicting game which tests your reflexes and timing. Your objective is to tap the screen as the bar goes "between the lines"."

anyone know why Sword & Poker 1 and 2 got taken off of iTunes? I've been looking around but can't find anything on why it was taken down. I own both games already, but am really just curious. They are effin fantastic games and to take them down is a tragedy.

EDIT: Nvm, checked some earlier posts in this thread. I guess Gaia shut down =(. Sad day for anyone who was interested in getting the S&P games. It's stupid that Apple takes down the apps when stuff like that happens. What happens when purchasers reformat their comp and lose their downloaded versions of S&P that they paid for? They just don't get it anymore? Dumb...

Reiner Knizia's Teocalli is a rather dull Yahtzee clone, with all the same dice based frustration. Can't make a Samurai or Lost Cities every time I guess.

[quote name='jacknicklson']http://email.appshopper.com/wf/clic...QH0xEbMoT+IAiPtvM&u=MjGaxv6HREyY5J8GyJY2WA/h1

Everyday looper dropped to $3[/QUOTE]
Thanks very much for the heads up! This is the video that convinced to download yet another music app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_dD-KWqbo
I love the fact that everything is touch and gesture-based. Maybe now I can actually concentrate on playing my flippin' guitar (or whatever instrument) instead of trying to hit the right button at the right time. Can't wait to try this one out tonight!

The Game is Afoot is back in the App Store after undergoing a bug fix and getting an update. It's also still FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-game-is-afoot/id331809028?mt=8).
"Put your examination skills to the test and solve 6 mysteries based on the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle mysteries. BONUS eBook downloads with every case you crack!
Scour the world hunting for hidden clues in two immersive gameplay modes that let YOU become the detective. Test your skills of deduction within 30 unique environments. Think its all “Elementary, my dear?” Download to find out! Created by Mobile Deluxe™, the trusted authority in casual games since 2003."

[quote name='Darknuke']What happens when purchasers reformat their comp and lose their downloaded versions of S&P that they paid for? They just don't get it anymore? Dumb...[/QUOTE]

One thing XBL does right is allow you download anything you've purchased before, even if you can't find it on the marketplace anymore (it's not easy, but at least it's not lost for good).

I was lucky enough to find my .ipa sitting on an old machine, otherwise I would have lost my copy. I should consider backing up the games I really like, just in case they disappear from the App Store. DRM sucks.

[quote name='Splines']One thing XBL does right is allow you download anything you've purchased before, even if you can't find it on the marketplace anymore (it's not easy, but at least it's not lost for good).

I was lucky enough to find my .ipa sitting on an old machine, otherwise I would have lost my copy. I should consider backing up the games I really like, just in case they disappear from the App Store. DRM sucks.[/QUOTE]

PSN does the same thing in its store as well. I like how the Mac App Store has a Purchased tab, and I hope this gets ported over to the iOS App Store.

[quote name='Dimsdale']The Game is Afoot is back in the App Store after undergoing a bug fix and getting an update. It's also still FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-game-is-afoot/id331809028?mt=8).
"Put your examination skills to the test and solve 6 mysteries based on the original Sir Arthur Conan Doyle mysteries. BONUS eBook downloads with every case you crack!
Scour the world hunting for hidden clues in two immersive gameplay modes that let YOU become the detective. Test your skills of deduction within 30 unique environments. Think its all “Elementary, my dear?” Download to find out! Created by Mobile Deluxe™, the trusted authority in casual games since 2003."[/QUOTE]

Big thanks Dims. I was disappointed when it disappeared last time.

[quote name='Dimsdale']The Game is Afoot is back in the App Store after undergoing a bug fix and getting an update. It's also still FREE for a limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/the-game-is-afoot/id331809028?mt=8).
"[/QUOTE]

Thanks, been waiting for this to come back to the app store, my wife loves hidden object games. Also I can't say if it's any good or not but she just bought Pretty Pet Salon for 99 cents and now it's free. Don't you hate when that happens.

http://appshopper.com/games/pretty-pet-salon

[quote name='Dimsdale']Thanks very much for the heads up! This is the video that convinced to download yet another music app: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_dD-KWqbo
I love the fact that everything is touch and gesture-based. Maybe now I can actually concentrate on playing my flippin' guitar (or whatever instrument) instead of trying to hit the right button at the right time. Can't wait to try this one out tonight![/QUOTE]

Neat - I'm a sucker for these audio apps like this - love to see deals posted about them - thanks guys!

[quote name='jacknicklson']Has any Angry Bird fanatic found a new fix not named Cut the Rope(beat that already)?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

The first thing that popped into my head was Cover Orange, but that's probably because of this:
[quote name='Wirebot']Cover Orange delivers the same kind of addictive qualities as App Store favorites Angry Birds and Cut the Rope.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Rsmobile']Reiner Knizia's Teocalli is a rather dull Yahtzee clone, with all the same dice based frustration. Can't make a Samurai or Lost Cities every time I guess.[/QUOTE]

Uh... I don't agree with anything you just said. It's a great game and certainly not Yahtzee. It's a game that is not difficult at all to "win" once you get the hang of it, instead it's all about maximizing your score while not blowing it in the process. Obviously YMMV. EDIT: change the game to the "short" version in the settings. This is good for two reasons: the game isn't as long, which is good IMHO, and because the app doesn't support fast app switching nor does it save it's state. That sucks, but the game is good. Worth picking up in spite of that.

Cover Orange isn't nearly as good as Angry Birds, but it's still pretty fun. I've been enjoying it, so I'll second that recommendation. You can't beat free either (is it still free?)

Scour the world hunting for hidden clues in two immersive gameplay modes that let YOU become the detective. Test your skills of deduction within 30 unique environments. Think its all “Elementary, my dear?” Download to find out! Created by Mobile Deluxe™, the trusted authority in casual games since 2003."[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dimsdale, I wanted this back when it was available a week or so ago, but I couldn't get to it on the app store. Glad to get a second chance. And thanks for your continued updating of this thread, it's definitely appreciated.

Stax PRO is the latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/stax-pro/id385464358?mt=8).
"Are you quick and consistent? Check out this game similar to the popular Stacker arcade game. The goal is to stack the blocks to the top and try to be as accurate as possible. The more blocks you stack the higher your score. Each round is faster than the previous. Challenge your friends or just practice for the arcade version."

Free App Calendar is showcasing the highly-rated Moonsters right now (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id391769732?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4#).
"The Moonsters are coming to your iPhone. They’re cute, they’re hungry and they are stuck on this strange planet... Gather your friends, catch all the tofu and find your spaceship. A long way awaits you, and it’s full of beautiful vistas, moving platforms, shiny bubbles, bouncing mushrooms, floating islands and more!"

Jasuto Modular Synthesizer
(the regular one, not the Pro version) has dropped back down to .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/jasuto-modular-synthesizer/id310874741?mt=8).
"Jasuto is worlds first (and most powerful) modular synthesizer for the iDevices.
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app."

The tilting, touching game Multitask Madness is once again available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/multitask-madness/id375795774?mt=8#).
"Introducing Multitask Madness, the latest craze for iPhone and iPod Touch! This game will make you addicted and crazy at the same time. Your objective:
-Tilt your iPhone or iPod Touch to the designated angle. Sounds easy, huh?
-Well, try doing that while managing avoiding evil pink flying circles. This was still too easy.
-Now, do all this while tapping numbered circles in numerical order. We decided to stop here to keep our fans sane."

[quote name='Stimes']I know it was posted a couple of weeks ago but just wondering if anyone ever picked up Metal Slug Touch? Is it worth $2?

http://appshopper.com/games/metal-slug-touch[/QUOTE]
I was wondering the same thing. SNK supposedly added another control scheme but one of the two new reviews says it's still the same tilt-only game.

In the meantime, brew up a proper cup of joe with the help of the newly-FREE Coffee School (http://itunes.apple.com/app/coffee-school/id394121581?mt=8).
"How to become a Good Barista ?
Before you start learning,
Watch Step-By-Step Instructions, photos and video lectures.
It is really good for learning.
Coffee School will give you all the tools you need to become a good Barista."

You may want that caffeine boost as you take a break from "heavy thinking" with the action-RPG shooter Survivor X (http://itunes.apple.com/app/survivorx/id375337854?mt=8). After bouncing up and down in price, it's finally settled on FREE for the day.
"What is SurvivorX?
====
Are you thirst for best dual stick arcade kill'em-all game?
Tired of boring games? Tired of heavy thinking even while you're playing a game?
For you guys, we offer you our brand-new dual stick arcade game : SurvivorX.
SurvivorX will provide you a real taste of killing enemies.
Each weapon and skill will give you different joys : Not just different power and sound.
- Various unique upgradable weapons.
- Various unique upgradable skills.
- Various monsters including bosses with unique attack patterns."

Here's a price break (finally) on a title a lot of people have been waiting on:
Puzzle Quest 2 is currently available for half off ($4.99) (http://itunes.apple.com/app/puzzle-quest-2/id398687544?mt=8). Not bad considering it's a universal app.
"Escape to a fantasy world filled with amazing creatures, powerful magic, and challenging mini-games! Addicting Match-3 gameplay is blended seamlessly with immersive role-playing in this sequel to the award-winning Puzzle Quest! Jump right into the action and customize your character with any one of four classes, each with different skills and abilities. Gain experience, earn treasure, earn new spells and forge new equipment! Are you brave enough to reclaim the once peaceful village of Verloren from the evil clutches of the demon Gorgon?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back