Iraqi dad says killed daughter linked to al-Qaida

Dreadnought10

CAG Veteran
I don't know who's worse, the terrorists or the dad.

BAGHDAD – When police came hunting for a 19-year-old woman they believed had been recruited by al-Qaida to be a suicide bomber in a town north of Baghdad, they found she was already dead: Slain by her father, who told police he strangled his daughter out of shame and then cut her throat.

The killing of Shahlaa al-Anbaky, reported by police Friday, appeared to be from an unusual melding of motives — part to defend the family honor, part to prevent her from joining the militants. But how much of each weighed in her father's mind remains unclear, with police still investigating the details.

Al-Qaida has been recruiting women for suicide attacks because they can pass police checkpoints more easily than men by concealing explosives under an abaya, a loose, black cloak that conservative Muslim women wear. Suicide bombers have been al-Qaida's most lethal weapon in Iraq, killing hundreds of civilians and members of Iraq's security forces.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101224/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq

It seems like dad knew what was going down with his daughter. He had two choices in his head: allow his child to kill herself along with potentially dozens of people or stopping her by any means necessary. Blood was going to be on somebody's hands and he decided having the blood on his hands was the lesser of two evils.

[quote name='ced']It seems like dad knew what was going down with his daughter. He had two choices in his head: allow his child to kill herself along with potentially dozens of people or stopping her by any means necessary. Blood was going to be on somebody's hands and he decided having the blood on his hands was the lesser of two evils.[/QUOTE]
Or report her to the police, and let her go to jail and hopefully be rehabilitated and turn out normal.

[quote name='Dreadnought10']Or report her to the police, and let her go to jail and hopefully be rehabilitated and turn out normal.[/QUOTE]
Using rational for a country that stones their woman for getting raped and not wearing a bed sheet outside, really?

[quote name='Dreadnought10']Or report her to the police, and let her go to jail and hopefully be rehabilitated and turn out normal.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure she would have died somehow. They would have been afraid of her saying something.

At first I thought good for the dad too, but there is a story about him 'honor killing' a sister or something years ago. The dad is a repeat murderer and worse than his daughter. He's killed two, she just wanted to kill many.

[quote name='berzirk']At first I thought good for the dad too,[/QUOTE]

I don't see how anybody could think "good for the dad". He thought (keyword) his daughter was going to become a suicide bomber (or more likely that she was dating an al-Quida member) and instead of going to the authorities, he chokes her (most likely until she blacked out) and cut her throat. Now the authorities show up a month later to question her and she is dead in the backyard.

No proof, just hearsay and rumor which cost a woman her life.

Only complete animals would applaud that. And funniest thing is, her father will most likely receive no punishment for his actions.

[quote name='Mako1215']I'm sure she would have died somehow. They would have been afraid of her saying something.[/QUOTE]

Cool! I made it into your signature!

I love how the lack of understanding you have of the statement leads you to believe it insults me.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back