Iron Chef

RomanCohort

CAGiversary!
I love iron chef. I try to watch it every night. I dont like the new ones but the old ones are so awsome.

revironchef.gif

I prefer the new ones over the old ones just because, no dubbed voices and alton brown is the host. The ingredients were much more unique in the originals, now they are just using some standard and stupid shit like ground beef. What kind of fuckin gourmet cuisine is that, fuckin ground beef? Just give them steak, and if they wanna grind it, let em grind it themselves.

Well this is one random topic

yea theirs something with me and watching Cooking shows. I find it so compelling and interesting watching the meat cook and some dude chopping up vegetables

yea im weird

I TiVO it every night. Did you see the Swallow's Nest Battle?
$24,000 worth of gelatinous string from the mouth of a bird?! And it's a delicacy?!!?!!
Best show on television.

I miss the Food Network. I could sit and watch cooking shows all day, even though I'd never cook or eat most of the things on the shows. Iron Chef was always my favorite, though.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I TiVO it every night. Did you see the Swallow's Nest Battle?
$24,000 worth of gelatinous string from the mouth of a bird?! And it's a delicacy?!!?!!
Best show on television.[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother.

Seriously, Octopus Battle was one of the sickest things I've seen on TV. I mean, they had those suckers practically diced, and the damn things were STILL trying to climb back out of the pot.

As long as it's the original, I love it, none of that Iron Chef USA crap. :whistle2:&

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I TiVO it every night. Did you see the Swallow's Nest Battle?

Is THAT what Swallow's Nest is!? Holy crap... I thought it was some funky-expensive-ass rice noodle... :puke:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']
Is THAT what Swallow's Nest is!? Holy crap... I thought it was some funky-expensive-ass rice noodle... :puke:[/QUOTE]

Some things are just better off left unknown

[quote name='DuelLadyS']As long as it's the original, I love it, none of that Iron Chef USA crap. [/QUOTE]

Thats what im talkin about!!!!!!:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

[quote name='DuelLadyS']As long as it's the original, I love it, none of that Iron Chef USA crap. :whistle2:& [/QUOTE]

I'll one-up you: I actually boycott Bobby Flay resturants. He's such a prick, I just can't being myself to patronize any of his establishments.

[quote name='trq']I'll one-up you: I actually boycott Bobby Flay resturants. He's such a prick, I just can't being myself to patronize any of his establishments.[/QUOTE]

Yeah he is a fuckin Queer.

Both versions of Iron Chef are incredible to watch... but the Japanese version is magical.

It was okay I never really watched it and then I heard that one week the special ingredient was Hamburger and next week it was chicken what the fuck is that about thats not gourmet that's my lunch and dinner.

Heh, yeah, as soon as I saw them reveal that as the ingredient I hit up google and tried to find out what it was. The things they were making looked pretty appetizing until I hit a page that described what made up swallow's nest. :(

Still sounds more appetizing than foie gras, though.

I love Iron Chef, I try to watch it everynight. I watch that damn network all the time though. My favorite chef is Sakai.. I don't really like Iron Chef America though (even with Alton Brown), the ingrediants are boring and I cannot STAND Bobby Flay. The Japanese version is just so much better.

Has anyone ever seen the episode (or two) with Bobby Flay in the original Iron Chef? I saw some clips of it on the Food Network once but never the actual episode.

I love Iron Chef, one of my favorite shows on TV. I prefer the Japanese version, too, because the English one doesn't have the same flair...or something, I'm not sure.

Over this past summer, I loved watching Most Extreme Elimination Challenge late at night and the Japanese Iron Chef a little later.

Made me feel Asian.

If u like MXC you should check out Hey! Spring of Trivia, its the only show asians could pull off and make it sucessful. The show is just about going great lengths to find answers to trivial questions then judge them based on how interesting it is. Even has is own chairman who thinks he's the shit. Back to topic, I really like the Japanese Iron Chef more than the American one becuase its more entertaining. The new ones are freaking boring, the American Iron Chefs are to cocky. Bobby Flay thinks hes someone special. Also the announcers suck. I'd take Yukio Hatori(sp) over Alton any day

[quote name='Brak']Most Extreme Elimination Challenge[/QUOTE]

Is that show, like, supposed to be taken seriously?

Because it's funny as hell.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Is that show, like, supposed to be taken seriously?

Because it's funny as hell.[/QUOTE]

MXC is a dub of a Japanese show called Takeshi's Castle. Takeshi's Castle was extremely tongue-in-cheek. Takeshi knew what he was doing with the show, making something insane, and it was a huge hit over there in Japan.

[quote name='daedricnekomata']It sounds like a good show even though i have never watched it.[/QUOTE]

You should it's really cool because theres FIRE need i say more...........FIRE:hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

[quote name='help1']So what time does this come at EST?[/QUOTE]

The janpan ones On weekdays it comes on at 11:00 pm and American one on the weekends on sunday at 9:00 pm

[quote name='trq']I'll one-up you: I actually boycott Bobby Flay resturants. He's such a prick, I just can't being myself to patronize any of his establishments.[/QUOTE]

I would boycott Bobby Flay restaruants, if I could afford restraunts at that level. As it is, I don't get above 'Red Robin' level. :D

You don't need two topics here, one poll by itself and this topic. Move your poll into this topic.

I'm locking the poll topic.

[quote name='shrike4242']You don't need two topics here, one poll by itself and this topic. Move your poll into this topic.

I'm locking the poll topic.[/QUOTE]

How do i move it?

[quote name='strebor']I love Iron Chef, I try to watch it everynight. I watch that damn network all the time though. My favorite chef is Sakai.. I don't really like Iron Chef America though (even with Alton Brown), the ingrediants are boring and I cannot STAND Bobby Flay. The Japanese version is just so much better.

Has anyone ever seen the episode (or two) with Bobby Flay in the original Iron Chef? I saw some clips of it on the Food Network once but never the actual episode.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Alton Brown is aces, but not quite enough to make up for Flay. I've seen the japanese Flay episodes, and that's what started my intense dislike for him. For one, the guy had no respect for his competitor (Morimoto, I believe -- whoever had "Nobu" in NY), to the point where his guests/peanut gallery were chanting "USA! USA!" during his match. He got up and STOOD on his cutting board (how freaking unsanitary is that?), and then had the nerve to blame his loss on him cutting himself and demand a rematch. Total douche, I tell ya.

[quote name='trq']Yeah. Alton Brown is aces, but not quite enough to make up for Flay. I've seen the japanese Flay episodes, and that's what started my intense dislike for him. For one, the guy had no respect for his competitor (Morimoto, I believe -- whoever had "Nobu" in NY), to the point where his guests/peanut gallery were chanting "USA! USA!" during his match. He got up and STOOD on his cutting board (how freaking unsanitary is that?), and then had the nerve to blame his loss on him cutting himself and demand a rematch. Total douche, I tell ya.[/QUOTE]

yes but Flay did win his second time at kitchen stadium which is still impressive

[quote name='trq']He got up and STOOD on his cutting board (how freaking unsanitary is that?), and then had the nerve to blame his loss on him cutting himself and demand a rematch. Total douche, I tell ya.[/QUOTE]

I saw a clip of him standing on the cutting board... ugh. I remember one time he cut himself on Iron Chef America too and they kept mentioning it, I don't remember if he lost the match though. Does anyone like Bobby Flay at all? I can't stand him.

I'm on the "original, no America" bandwagon. I love Chen too. Here's every interview with him following the battle:

"Well, you know, I think I did ok. I just wish I had more time!"

You really need to hear my imitation to do it justice.

We also cheer and boo the judges depending on who they have. My favorite is the old guy who always says, "It needs more salt."

RD

[quote name='shrike4242']You'd have to make a new post with a poll in it.[/QUOTE]

It wont let me make a poll in a new post.

bread's done
Back