Iron Chef

[quote name='adamsappel']They gave Bobby Flay the win for his second match, since he was such a baby about losing the first time.[/QUOTE]
Right. He was threatening to sue Fuji TV for a million dollars because he claimed to be treated unfairly, and the performance was said to defame his character. The rematch was part of a settlement deal IIRC. Gee, wonder how he could've won that one? :roll:

Also, I like how the sumo judge (Aki Bono I think) was pro-Bobby all through the match. "You the man Bobby!" I thought judges were supposed to be impartial.

The only thing I saw that was more BS than that whole thing was ICA: Battle of the Masters. I could go on and on about that, especially Puck and his bullshit use of staff.

SHENANIGANS!

I actually want to go to Philly to Morimoto's resturant...As he is the Official Iron chef, winning the Series Finale against some french dude...Yep, once again the french were beaten. Have they ever one

I didn't know about the 1st match Flay lost, but it was obvious they gave him the win. Was that like the last aired Japanese show? I remember Food Network made a huge deal out of it, and that probably started interest in an American version. "Hey, if we can whoop those Chinese guys, we should have our own Steel Chef dudes!" ;)

It's kind of painful to hear the voice overs, just cause they're so cheesy...but the show's still fun to watch usually.

[quote name='Ozzkev55']I actually want to go to Philly to Morimoto's resturant...As he is the Official Iron chef, winning the Series Finale against some french dude...Yep, once again the french were beaten. Have they ever one[/QUOTE]
Uh, Iron Chef French Sakai Hiroyuki won that (the King of Iron Chefs tournament). Moriomoto got bumped in the first round.

[quote name='evilmax17']Uh, Iron Chef French Sakai Hiroyuki won that (the King of Iron Chefs tournament). Moriomoto got bumped in the first round.[/QUOTE]
Uhh...Shit, well as long as the french guy lost, I can go to sleep happy at night

[quote name='RomanCohort']What place did Chen kenichi?[/QUOTE]

Round 1:
Chen vs. Kobe
Winner: Chen

Round 2:
Sakai vs. Morimoto
Winner: Sakai

Round 3: (Final Round)
Sakai vs. Chen
Winner: Sakai

Last nights episode was good it was Sakai vs some guy that beat michiba and chen in a tag battle. The secreat ingredient was salmon and Sakai won. If Sakai lost the other guy might have became iron chef French but im glad he didn't.

I liked the crawfish battle. I forget who was cooking, but the Iron Chef dunked a bunch in a barrel of sake to drown (and thus become flavored.) I figure, if you're gonna kill something right there in the kitchen, that's a fairly kind way to do it... :bouncy:

I enjoyed last nights battle with michiba and it was a matsutake battle. The battle was great but the small ones looked like a deformed penis.

Ahhh a Cray fish battle is going with Sakai and some guy from france so i think Sakai will win.

I would also like to state FIRE,FIRE , and more FIRE this battle has fire.:hot: :hot: :hot:

I will never forget the first episode of Iron Chef that I saw. It was some sort of fish battle and they were hitting the fish with some kind of mallet to knock them out. Well, it didn't work the first, second, or third time. They just kept pounding these poor fish, I couldn't believe it. I never seen anything like it.

Been a big fan ever since. :D I have the Iron Chef book that lists chef bios, records, and so on. I highly recommend it. You can get it off of Ebay on the cheap.

I think my friend put it best when he said that the original Japanese version had revered food, both as sole ingredients and as finished meals. The fact that they would spend a good two minutes on the final dishes, showing the plating, describing what went in and how everything works together and whether or not the dish is special in any way...it just makes a world of difference. Honestly, I do like that more time is devoted to the judging of every dish, but I'd really like a little less time on the floor with the cooking in the US version (since nothing that interesting tends to happen when you work with burgers...or cheese in general) and a little bit more time on the plating.

I've seen the original Iron Chef before, but not for quite some time. I haven't seen the U.S. spinoff. Anyone like the new one?

[quote name='decentfellow']I've seen the original Iron Chef before, but not for quite some time. I haven't seen the U.S. spinoff. Anyone like the new one?[/QUOTE]

Well the american ones ok but the original one is alot better in my opinion. The japan version has a certian feel to it such as the ingredints are alot better such as masutake. The new ones have ingreadients that are things that we would eat almost every day like pizza dough and hamburger. So if you gonna watch it i would watch the original one.

bread's done
Back