Iron Man 2 Blu-ray $9.99 [single-disc version]

BustaUppa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Sweet deal, just saw this pop up on my blu-ray.com price tracker! This is the single blu-ray disc edition.

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-2-Blu-ray/dp/product/B003YHSE7W

The other, 3-disc version has a second blu-ray with some features that you'll be mising out on, with the DVD/digital copy both on the third disc. This one's still a good buy if you aren't concerned with the extras though!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chrisnsally']single-disc version, just FYI[/QUOTE]I'll add this to the OP, thanks for the the info. I'm indifferent but I'm sure it'll matter to some people. Was there a version with a second blu-ray disc? Or just a DVD copy of the movie?

Good deal. Single disc is fine with me since I never watch extras anymore and don't need a DVD or digital copy.

Also ordered the Xmen trilogy for $29.99.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']They're $9.99 in store and online at Target as well, this is just them PM'ing Target. Awesome deal btw![/QUOTE]

Actually, the single disc :br: version of IM2 is $9 at Target until Saturday.

So depending on your local tax rates, this could be more expensive.

[quote name='manthing']Actually, the single disc :br: version of IM2 is $9 at Target until Saturday.

So depending on your local tax rates, this could be more expensive.[/QUOTE]

Even with my hefty tax here, it's still cheaper than Amazon, and I don't gotta wait for it.

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Thanks for the clarification. Ok so nothing in the way of extra content to miss out on then![/QUOTE]

According to the listing for the 3 Disc edition on Amazon, there's a whole second disc of extras included there that aren't included on the single disc.

Disc 2 (Blu-ray):
Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of Iron Man 2 (HD)
Rebuilding the Suit—An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
A Return to Action—From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man’s story.
Expanding the Universe—From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark’s home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
Building a Legacy—From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.
Featurettes (HD):

• Creating Stark Expo—A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.Practical Meets Digital—How the “practical” props inform the “digital” work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
  • Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury—A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
  • Illustrated Origin: Black Widow—An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in Iron Man 2.
  • Illustrated Origin: War Machine—A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
  • Working with DJ AM—Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.
Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD):

• Alternate Opening
  • Coulson at the Senate
  • The Sub-Orbital Jet
  • Tony’s Workshop (extended)
  • Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
  • Flying Party Girl
  • Mark II Security
  • Element Rediscovered (extended)
Concept Art Gallery
Theatrical Trailers (HD)
Music Video: AC/DC “Shoot To Thrill” (HD)

[quote name='JamesFerguson']According to the listing for the 3 Disc edition on Amazon, there's a whole second disc of extras included there that aren't included on the single disc.[/QUOTE]Good catch. A follow-up check on the blu-ray.com review clarifies that the DVD and digital copy are on the same disc, with the first two discs both being blu-rays. I'll add this info to the OP.

[quote name='Squarehard']Even with my hefty tax here, it's still cheaper than Amazon, and I don't gotta wait for it.

Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Only 55 cents or so more for me so I'll order form Amazon vs. having to find time to hit Target and hope it's in-stock.

Hope there's a deal on Iron Man 1 soon. Now I've got both Iron Man 2 and Clerks II without owning the original movies, thanks to recent deals, and it's driving the OCD part of my brain crazy. :p

Good deal because it comes with $5 VOD credit after it ships. Bad thing is if you have received VOD credit before you won't get it (read this somewhere). I for one prefer the one with all the extras.

I also saw this in Target today, surprised. They have a big $9/10 sale going on right now, with a lot of recent movies (The Town, Inception, etc) albeit mostly DVDs and not Blus. I'm holding out on a deal for the 3 disc though - and I still don't have IM 1 on Blu!

Now thats right way of doing business .Those who want single disc pick this one for other crowd they have combo deals ..Thank You greedy Hollywood finally doing something right

[quote name='pythoncancer']Now thats right way of doing business .Those who want single disc pick this one for other crowd they have combo deals ..Thank You greedy Hollywood finally doing something right[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I hate when the only option is a more expensive version with extra features I'll never watch, a DVD I may never use, and a digital copy I'll never touch.

Much better when there's a cheaper single disc version available for those of us who only want the movie on Blu-ray.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Agreed. I hate when the only option is a more expensive version with extra features I'll never watch, a DVD I may never use, and a digital copy I'll never touch.

Much better when there's a cheaper single disc version available for those of us who only want the movie on Blu-ray.[/QUOTE]As long as it's the same movie between the two releases, I'm all for that as well.

However, when studios pull funny tricks like they did with Red which had the lossless audio in the "Special Edition" release and lossy audio in the "normal" release, that's not good for anyone.

Agreed on that. Though I personally don't care about lossless audio as I've never been a sound guy. Just have a cheap sony 5.1 system I'm had for more than a decade.

But yeah, the movie disc should be identical across versions, with the only difference being the lack of the extra discs.

bread's done
Back