Iron Man Ultimate Edition Blu-Ray Target $16.99 YMMV

xxjonoxx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Was in my local Target today looking for Pirates of the Caribbean Blu-Rays, and I saw Iron Man Ultimate Edition 2 Disc Blu-Ray was $16.99. It didn't have a "sale" paper display under it like the other movies on sale currently, the $16.99 price was one of the permanent labels. I'm guessing this is YMMV as the website still has it listed as $29.99.

it is indeed the mask edition

IM-Target-Exclusive-small_1222797908.jpg

[quote name='SuperJedi']^ I concur, there was NEVER any Ultimate Edition, unless you are referring to the Mask thingy.[/QUOTE]

This is such an odd thing to say, as the "Ultimate Edition" was actually the ONLY edition for blu-ray, sold everywhere. The mask one is the same discs in the helmet packaging, but every blu-ray was labeled "Ultimate Edition"

Here's the regular blu-ray release on Amazon:
Iron Man (Ultimate Edition)

[quote name='mj1984']Sounds like this is NOT the mask edition as the OP made no mention of it.[/QUOTE]
Target only has 1 ultimate edition and that is the mask edition.

[quote name='styl3s']Target only has 1 ultimate edition and that is the mask edition.[/QUOTE]

Read a few posts up. All :br: Iron Man are ultimate edition.

[quote name='styl3s']Target only has 1 ultimate edition and that is the mask edition.[/QUOTE]

Target had both the regular blu-ray (ultimate edition) and the mask edition. This is not the mask edition as you can see by the link on the website.

[quote name='jp2']guessing we'll see more Iron Man deals as the 2nd movie release approaches[/QUOTE]

I hope so, its one of the few blu-rays I've wanted to own since I got a player but I already have the dvd so I don't really want to drop 20 on it.

[quote name='manthing']http://twitpic.com/1brz4y

IM is on a temporary price cut at Target.

YMMV on availability, but if you find it, the $16.99 price is universal[/QUOTE]

My local target had that same exact one and it scanned at full price not the 16.99

Does anyone know if the original blu ray version with the slipcase is one disc or two? I have the special DVD slipcase edition which, I believe, is two discs, and I love the artwork much better than the re-released version where you don't take off the armor to see Stark below it. I only ask because at $17 I'm really tempted to bite.

[quote name='Treythalomew']I hope so, its one of the few blu-rays I've wanted to own since I got a player but I already have the dvd so I don't really want to drop 20 on it.[/QUOTE]

i'm hoping for a 12.99/13.99 price at BB/Target/Amazon... otherwise can't justify the purchase, as i received the dvd as a gift over xmas

I don't think it's YMMY anymore. My Target in Elizabethtown, KY is selling the 2-Disc Blu-Ray for $16.99, though they don't have any of the Helmet cases, just the regular one.

Jealousy. I'm becoming very anxious about this. Don't want the price to switch up before I get it.

***UPDATE***

Just pmed at Best Buy. I am a now a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooo...I might get this on Amazon. Or, I might just wait and see if the BR is cheaper in the fall with the inevitable release of Iron Man 2.

Well, went by a Target today and found an empty spot where Iron Man should have been but was sold out and the price tag on the shelf was indeed 16.99. The associate checked stores around me and I have a lead on another store I will try after work. In the mean time, since there was a Best Buy next to the Target I checked there too but they were sold out.

FWIW, target.com is lieing both about the price and stock...the store I went to was shown online as having it.

bread's done
Back