Is $15 worth it for Dragon Quest V?

akalboy

CAGiversary!
Was at a local Best Buy and found Dragon Quest V for the NDS for $15 in their Bargain Bin. Is it worth it? Loved Dragon Warrior Monsters for the Gameboy, but never played Dragon Quest before. Are they relatively similar? Would I probably be able to find a better deal later (have a pretty big backlog as it is)? Thanks for the help!

you should pick it up and play it! it might dip to $10, but please don't let $5 get in the way of playing this masterpiece. it was my GOTY 2009 and my first DQ (I've since played DQ III, VI, and VIII)

A simple yes is downplaying it a bit. Were there multiple copies? The game tends to run in the $35-40 range. Many put the game up there with FF2/4 and 3/6 if that's any indication.

Thanks everyone :) Will definitely make a trip out later this week to Best Buy and hope they still have a copy.

[quote name='akalboy']Thanks everyone :) Will definitely make a trip out later this week to Best Buy and hope they still have a copy.[/QUOTE]

Was it V or IV? I'm thinking it may be IV since I remember it being mentioned for $15 at Best Buy months ago.

It was V. Picked it up today at another Best Buy... which also had it in the bargain bin. Hmmmm... maybe you guys should try your local Best Buys for it since it's 2 stores that I've found it in placed in the bargain bins.

bread's done
Back