is $65 for a Nintendo 64, 2 controlers and games a good deal?

jab1235

CAGiversary!
My friend is going to sell me his N64 for $65
He says it is a grey and black n64 in good condition. Both controllers are see0through purple. I'm assuming it comes with all cords but i'll make sure.

The thing that makes me want it is he says it comes with 24 games and he named a few for me:
Perfect dark
Turok 1
Turok 2
Pokemon snap
Pokemon battle stadium
Nba jam 99
Starwars rouge squadron
Starwars racer
Cruisin usa
winback
starfox 64
paperboy
nfl blitz
command and conquer
and diddy kong racing

i don't know what the other games are but he said these were the best out of them.

It seems like a steal to me but i just want to check with you guys first. Thanks!

In my experience, the easiest way to determine if a lot is a good deal (for you) is to put a price that you would be willing to pay on only the items you actually want and add them up. For example:

console + 2 controllers $15
Perfect dark $2
Turok 1 $2
Turok 2 $2
Pokemon snap
Pokemon battle stadium

Nba jam 99
Starwars rouge squadron $2
Starwars racer $2
Cruisin usa
winback

starfox 64 $3
paperboy
nfl blitz

command and conquer

and diddy kong racing $2

So based on your list, that's only worth $30 to me and I don't think it's a good deal. But there could be more games that are better or you might actually want every game on that list and be willing to pay $3 to $4 per game.

Just don't get caught up thinking you're getting a ton of games for a great price if they're not all games you really want to play.

It's all a matter of perspective. I bought a few of those games when they were $60+ each, so to me, it's a fantastic deal.

If you're willing to pay the price, I say go for it. You might be able to find most of this cheaper online, but you won't be getting screwed by paying $65.

[quote name='blindinglights']In my experience, the easiest way to determine if a lot is a good deal (for you) is to put a price that you would be willing to pay on only the items you actually want and add them up. For example:

console + 2 controllers $15
Perfect dark $2
Turok 1 $2
Turok 2 $2
Pokemon snap
Pokemon battle stadium

Nba jam 99
Starwars rouge squadron $2
Starwars racer $2
Cruisin usa
winback

starfox 64 $3
paperboy
nfl blitz

command and conquer

and diddy kong racing $2

So based on your list, that's only worth $30 to me and I don't think it's a good deal. But there could be more games that are better or you might actually want every game on that list and be willing to pay $3 to $4 per game.

Just don't get caught up thinking you're getting a ton of games for a great price if they're not all games you really want to play.[/QUOTE]

see that's the problem, i don't know what i'm willing to pay because i don't want to undercut it to much, the only prices i've sen on n64's and games are on ebay and amazon and for the console only it's like $50, where should i be looking to get the console for $15?

It's not a steal by any means. I wouldn't pay more than $40 for that bundle. But at the same time, that might be low enough to offend your friend. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.

[quote name='erdmanski1341']No Goldeneye? Why else would you buy a 64, lol?[/QUOTE]
Uh...there's a LOT of other games leagues better than Goldeneye on the N64, but anyways...

I think the games you're getting are a nice selection. Not the best, but when I was a kid I LOVED Cruisin' USA, Diddy Kong Racing, Turok, Perfect Dark, Pokemon Stadium and Starfox.

[quote name='elessar123']It's not a steal by any means. I wouldn't pay more than $40 for that bundle. But at the same time, that might be low enough to offend your friend. I wouldn't buy it if I were you.[/QUOTE]

alright sounds good, where should i look then?

[quote name='jab1235']alright sounds good, where should i look then?[/QUOTE]

There's a yard sale thread. I've gotten N64s many times with 2 controllers for under $25.

[quote name='jab1235']where should i be looking to get the console for $15?[/QUOTE]

Yard/rummage/garage/church sales, Good Will, Salvation Army, other Thrift Stores.

Yea the rest of the games weren't good, thanks for letting me know I could get it cheaper haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back