Is Amazon always this bad?

deadandbrok3n

CAGiversary!
I've been shopping at Ebay for over 3 years and haven't had any trouble. 2 weeks ago I ordered my first item from Amazon. Now I don't think it was Amazon itself but a company on Amazon.

Anyways , they shipped it the 14th with 5-8 business days shipping. Amazon estimated the shipping date to be the 19th-21st now it's been over 6 days and I haven't seen the item.

I contact the company that sold the item and they said just to contact them after 30 days of the shipment and they will file a claim to replace it.

Now do I really have to wait another 15 days ? I'm 100% sure it's not going to come when it hasn't in 13 days.

I emailed them back asking if there is anything they can do.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

This has nothing to do with Amazon, but rather a seller on their marketplace. Amazon cant control the shipping time of their sellers.

I'm pretty sure that Marketplace sellers are obligated to ship the item within a certain timeframe, and it's less than 30 days. You can try contacting Amazon's customer support for help. If the seller is being unreasonable, you can file a claim with Amazon to get your money back.

You have to wait 30 days for a lost mail item. I've sent out items before and it took over two weeks to get people first-class (post office mix-ups do happen). It would be unfair for you to receive your item and get your money back, so you have to wait 30 days (after that it would be deemed lost). That might suck but that's the way it is.

[quote name='Rozz']You have to wait 30 days for a lost mail item. I've sent out items before and it took over two weeks to get people first-class (post office mix-ups do happen). It would be unfair for you to receive your item and get your money back, so you have to wait 30 days (after that it would be deemed lost). That might suck but that's the way it is.[/QUOTE]

Alright , thanks for your reply. I just never had trouble with sellers shipping an item. It might come this week. But after 30 days I'll contact the seller again.

Some of these sellers really do suck though it took almost 3 weeks to receive a movie and to top it off the seller is only 30-40 miles away. I told the .:censored: the only reason I ordered from him was because he was local. I should of gone with my instinct and trusted the feedback that was given to him!!!!

Always trust your instincts.

I've purchased a few things from Amazon 3rd party sellers and it's usually fine. The closest call I had was a videogame that took a while. Seller never even told me it shipped, and it took about two weeks or so.

Hang in there for a bit more. The shipping class the seller used affects things too -- even if they are local. I've read of instances where the PO will still ship slow parcel even if it's labeled 1st Class.

fuck it like I did, I ordered a ps3 and the guy obviously didn't mail it off, and Amazon wanted me to wait a full month, after I already waited two weeks, to see if he magically mails it off. I reported it to my bank, got my money back right away, and then waited the month to see the guy still didn't mail it. If it's a lot of money, or even enough to where you just need it right back asap, just tell your bank.

He just replied...

We cannot submit a claim for approval until 30 days.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

All I can do is cross my fingers it comes soon. After the 30 days is up do I just send him another message ?

[quote name='62t']If they use media mail it could easily take over 2 weeks[/QUOTE]

All I know is this...

Shipping Carrier: USPS

Shipping & Handling: $5.95

1 package via USPS First Class - Letter

Delivery estimate:April 16, 2010 - April 21, 2010

When it says letter does it mean that the item will come inside a "letter" instead of a orange USPS package?

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']All I know is this...

When it says letter does it mean that the item will come inside a "letter" instead of a orange USPS package?

[/QUOTE]

Did you get a tracking number?

If I was paying $5.95 for shipping and handling I would expect one.

When you finally do get your package you should take a look at the postage label. How much was actually postage + packaging.

Leave feedback accordingly.

Relax. Amazon gives you a 90 day A-Z claim if anything goes awry. He can't rip you off in 30 days since you'll have 60 more than that to get your money back.

And for the record, many of the shipping and handling charges are pre-determined by Amazon unless they have a pro merchant account. Basic sellers have no control over what Amazon chooses for your product's shipping and handling, regardless of how much it actually costs.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']Did you get a tracking number?

If I was paying $5.95 for shipping and handling I would expect one.

When you finally do get your package you should take a look at the postage label. How much was actually postage + packaging.

Leave feedback accordingly.[/QUOTE]

No tracking number.

[quote name='deadandbrok3n']All I know is this...

When it says letter does it mean that the item will come inside a "letter" instead of a orange USPS package?[/QUOTE]

Orange USPS package? If it's a game, I'd expect it in a bubble mailer or other sturdy packaging. But if it were a guide they might mail it in a yellow metal clasp envelope.

And just because the delivery ESTIMATE says it should be there between the 16th and the 21st doesn't mean it WILL be there then.

I've mailed stuff media before that took THREE WEEKS to make it to the destination and it was going less than 300 miles. I've had stuff go 200+ miles out of the way, then have to slowly work its way back to the destination. I've had stuff sorted, re-sorted and re-re-sorted for two weeks before in ONE damn post office.

Like they say, shit happens. But if after a month you don't have it and the seller seems to be stalling you by saying 'give it another week', then file a claim and get your money back.

But since they shipped it the day before tax day, if it were just a normal first class package it might've been delayed with the glut of tax forms and shit going through the system at the time.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Orange USPS package? If it's a game, I'd expect it in a bubble mailer or other sturdy packaging. But if it were a guide they might mail it in a yellow metal clasp envelope.

And just because the delivery ESTIMATE says it should be there between the 16th and the 21st doesn't mean it WILL be there then.

I've mailed stuff media before that took THREE WEEKS to make it to the destination and it was going less than 300 miles. I've had stuff go 200+ miles out of the way, then have to slowly work its way back to the destination. I've had stuff sorted, re-sorted and re-re-sorted for two weeks before in ONE damn post office.

Like they say, shit happens. But if after a month you don't have it and the seller seems to be stalling you by saying 'give it another week', then file a claim and get your money back.

But since they shipped it the day before tax day, if it were just a normal first class package it might've been delayed with the glut of tax forms and shit going through the system at the time.[/QUOTE]

This is what I got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001B1AR50/ref=oss_product

What package would that come in ? I never ordered something that small before... well I did order a charger cord for my MP3 player and it came in a bubble mailer.

You'd most likely get that in a bubble wrap envelope to hold the plastic clamshell of the product, or if the seller was a complete douche, it would come in a white business envelope with a $.44 postage stamp of just that little carrying case for the memory card and adapter

[quote name='Rozz']Relax. Amazon gives you a 90 day A-Z claim if anything goes awry. He can't rip you off in 30 days since you'll have 60 more than that to get your money back.[/QUOTE]

This- give him his 30 days, then write again. Just be sure you're keeping track of when you need to file your Amazon claim by, so you don't miss your window if you need it.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']

Leave feedback accordingly.[/QUOTE]
It's amazon... Unless the seller has a premium account with Amazon, they can't set their own shipping charge.
Leaving bad feedback for a seller because amazon makes them charge $6 for shipping in a category but it only takes $3 to ship is a dick move.

people who leave bad feedback for overcharging shipping are fucking assholes, plain and simple. how about we just raise the price then, its the same fucking thing?

If someone noted that they left negative feedback because of the shipping cost, wouldn't Amazon just remove it if you asked, since they're the ones that set the prices?

Amazon's service has always been good for me except one time when they didn't package my items properly so they got damaged. But they refunded me so it was no problem.

The marketplace sellers are a mixed bag. I had one guy use media mail and the graphic novel comic book was beat to hell along it's slow trip because it had no protection just sent in a envelop. I couldn't believe he didn't even try to protect it.

bread's done
Back