Is Amazon Prime worth it?

tossin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm usually fine with waiting a little extra time for my items, but there a few times where I find myself padding my cart to meet the $25 minimum for Free Super Saver Shipping (e.g. just yesterday, the Deal of the Day was The Club for $9.99 and it took me basically the whole day to decide whether I should buy $25 worth of stuff or just forget it. I was wondering if anyone who has tried Amazon Prime thinks it's worth the $80 per year to have 2-Day free shipping and no minimum requirement.

TOTALLY worth it. I share the price with my mom, sister, and brother-in-law to make it more palatable. You will use it. TRUST ME!

Yeah its so awesome having prime. just got it a few weeks ago used it so much. Needed a new wallet ordred one for 12 bucks didn't have to run to the store or anything and multiple video game orders and such :)

After thinking it was a ripoff for the longest time, I wouldn't mind having it if I can continue to get free ECA codes off an acquaintance and if I wasn't charged goddamn NY state tax.

It's definitely handy but depends on how often you order from Amazon. Between Prime and ECA I have ordered a lot more from Amazon this year than I ever have before. It's probably costing me a lot more than the yearly fee due to extra purchases.. ;)

The 2-day shipping isn't the biggest deal to me, I never waited all that long for Amazon normally (and really, wth 2 day stuff can still take a while-- if you order after late Wednesday, Amazon may not get your order out until Thursday and you won't see it til the next week). The cheap overnight option is nice if you really need something in a hurry, though.

I'd say it's worth it depending on how you shop. If Amazon is becoming a place you shop at a lot anyway, I'd say go for it-- not having to buy questionable filler to get free shipping will probably pay for it in the long run.

Absolutely, find 4 other people have them all pitch in $16.
I've done this for the last 3 years and it's totally worth it!

I just got it and I can say it is awesome. Already posted my story elsewhere, but here it is again.

I just ordered my first item with an Amazon Prime account and I have got to say it got here quick. I ordered Green Lantern: Rebirth yesterday at 12:56 PM. It shipped same day at 5:38 PM. It arrived today at noon. I got the item in under 24 hours. That is really quick. I used to to think waiting 3-4 days for amazon to ship my item and then waiting another 2-3 days for it to arrive was quick, but this is just insane. I love it
icon_e_smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
if you shop at amazon frequently then yes it is worth it, especially with ECA. If you're a casual shopper, maybe under 10 purchases a year from Amazon then, no keep your $79.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely the best investment you will ever make. It's seriously changed the way I shop, which I never expected it to do that.

Once you know that you can get free 2 day shipping on everything, you start searching for more and more everyday stuff you need, and 9 times out of 10 it's SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper then buying it at the store. Plus you don't actually have to GO to the store!

EDIT: Actually, it just saved me a trip to Home Depot AND saved me money. I needed Draft Stoppers for my doors and Pantry Pest for our moth problem in the kitchen, P Pest was 5 bucks cheaper at Amazon then at Home Depot. :) I'm in a good mood now because I hate going to Home Depot because I always get lost and just wander for half an hour.

I agree, best investment ive ever made, i make a few transactions a week and it rocks big time...

bread's done
Back