IS ANIMAL CROSSING GOOD OR NOT

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
:D Hey i was just wondering if the game Animal Crossing is good or not i've heard alot of good things about it but it seems a bit gayish or dorky!!! So please get back to me THX to all!!!!!

Don't let the N64 graphics and "kiddy" look fool you. It's quite an addictive game, and a lot of fun. One of the few games I payed the full 49.99 for, and I don't regret it a bit.

Here's a tip though: don't alter the game clock once you start. It really ruins the experience.

one of the worst pieces of shit ive ever bought, you spend your time in the game collecting worthless pieces of junk and filling your house with them, or getting enuf bells (money) to make your house bigger so that you may fill it with more shit. the special events (hollidays or random charecters that visit your town to sell you items or give you a chore to do) are boreing and barley ever give you an item that you'll actually put in your home. other than that, ever seen that moive...groundhog day. the charecters,in the town, is always the same crap...not only will one charceter say the same things over and over, but the whole town says the same things. the only redeming thing about this game is the fact that you can find, and play, classic nes games. i almost cried when i found punch out. but thats it, and it takes a long ass time to get some good ones. now that they droped the price to 30 bucks it might be worth it, since it comes with a free memory card. but it gets old when you realize nothing interesting is ever going to happen in this game.

We just picked up Animal Crossing a few weeks ago. My wife loves it, I think it's okay. After the newness of the game wore off, I was frustrated by the lack of a clearly defined goal in the game. As a big fan of SimCity and Civilization, I'm by no means turned off by building-style games. I just wish there was more to do in the game itself, other than to wait for something new to occur.

If you're willing to invest twenty to thirty minutes a day going through the motions of being a member of the game's community, you'll probably enjoy the game.

Its an awesome game, think sim lite and you'll get a good idea of what this game is about. If you don't like the sims it even offers a bunch of old NES games that you can unlock.

I have gotten more use out of this game than all of my other GC games together. Well worth a purchase, especially at the new sub-$30 price (plus, you get a free memory card, so you can't lose).

I love the game! Me and my fiancee have been hooked on it. It's hard to get any play time on it though since we are both trying to play at the same time.
Does the game ever end or does it keep going on?

It just keeps going on and on! I love visiting other towns and getting new villagers (and losing the ones I didn't like!) Definitely a fun game!

[quote name='pimpinc333']:D Hey i was just wondering if the game Animal Crossing is good or not i've heard alot of good things about it but it seems a bit gayish or dorky!!! So please get back to me THX to all!!!!![/quote]

If you use words like gayish and dorky, and worry about what playing a specific game does to your image, you probably aren't in the target audience for Animal Crossing.

[quote name='dmleach']We just picked up Animal Crossing a few weeks ago. My wife loves it, I think it's okay. After the newness of the game wore off, I was frustrated by the lack of a clearly defined goal in the game. As a big fan of SimCity and Civilization, I'm by no means turned off by building-style games. I just wish there was more to do in the game itself, other than to wait for something new to occur.

If you're willing to invest twenty to thirty minutes a day going through the motions of being a member of the game's community, you'll probably enjoy the game.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. :D

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='pimpinc333']:D Hey i was just wondering if the game Animal Crossing is good or not i've heard alot of good things about it but it seems a bit gayish or dorky!!! So please get back to me THX to all!!!!![/quote]

If you use words like gayish and dorky, and worry about what playing a specific game does to your image, you probably aren't in the target audience for Animal Crossing.[/quote]

exactly.

No i did buy it and i am playing it right now. My only prob with the game is that there is not alot to do. I mean nobody really ever wants me to do anything for them. But i do own that dude racoon 140,000 bells.

[quote name='pimpinc333']No i did buy it and i am playing it right now. My only prob with the game is that there is not alot to do. I mean nobody really ever wants me to do anything for them. But i do own that dude racoon 140,000 bells.[/quote]

You'll pay it off sooner than u think.

The game gets better when ur house is upgraded to a decent size.

addictive. dont pay attention to the saccharine factor. inventive gameplay. even more fun if you have friends who have their own games. cant wait for animal crossing 2. fingers crossed that its online.

yeah, you can update a cou0ple times. also, the racoons store gets bigger and bigger w/ more items. it eventually goes 2 stories, but you need to have some1 from another town buy something from there and spend an insane amount of bells.

I only rented this game and loved it, but i have decided to wait for AC2...any idea when its coming out ???

[quote name='Brad906']I only rented this game and loved it, but i have decided to wait for AC2...any idea when its coming out ???[/quote]

I haven't heard a thing about AC2. It seems it will most likely be an N5 game, not a GameCube game.

Okay, so why is it a bad idea to mess with the game's clock?

I tweaked mine once when I was playing in the wee hours of the morning and wanted to sell some stuff to Nook. What effect does tweaking the clock have on the game?

Oh yeah, and I love this game. It's the weirdest thing ever. My girlfriend loves it too, it's the only game besides Mario Kart that she'll play.

There's a special kind of joy you get when you create a new clothing design in the Able sisters' shop, and then see the animals wearing it. . .

If you alter the game clock forward, weeds grow in the town, animals get mad that you havent talked to them in awhile, and there are cockroaches all around in your house everywhere (since its kind of like travelling into the future). its kind of cheating, and i did it and i deeply regret it now. i had to unfortunately start my game since my stomach was queasy from all the weeds.
if you set it backwards, you get to replay events, but you might as well keep it on that time cycle, or else future things will occur when you readjust the clock. (see above ^)
i love this game, though i dont play it too much anymore, sadly. i like making clothes, getting free things, and getting new furni and wallpaper for my house.

[quote name='NintendoFanGirl'][quote name='Brad906']I only rented this game and loved it, but i have decided to wait for AC2...any idea when its coming out ???[/quote]

I haven't heard a thing about AC2. It seems it will most likely be an N5 game, not a GameCube game.[/quote]

I could see Animal crossing being a launch title with online play, since the game has many MMO aspects

I liked animal crossing although it only held my attention for about a month.

One of the funniest things I ever saw, was right after I bought the game for my ex-wife, I invited some friends over to play video games. These guys were mainly hard core fighting games, sports games, and racing games fanatics. I sat them down to play the gamecube and they noticed AC, they told me to put it in, so mainly they could bust on it. The funny thing was they actually started enjoying the game. Watching a bunch of guys that are use to beating the shit out of each other in fighting games and sports games, plucking weeds and curse at the TV when a fish gets away or get stung by bees, is priceless.

If you play everyday at the same time ... say like 4pm - 7pm (real time, which as I understand is also game time) ... is the same thing always going to happen? Do you have to play at different times of the day to get different experiences or results?

Does that make sense? :)

Easily worth $50, certainly worth $30.

The only "rumors" I've heard about AC2 is the rumored date of June 6th. I'd expect it to be a launch title for the new console though.

bread's done
Back