Is anybody else having a hard time tracking down Fantasia at Target?

scaredyett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I went to Target today to get Fantasia on the blu ray combo pack and they were sold out already! They have a good deal where if you buy 2 you get $10 off on top of the 2 $10 coupons you could use. I need to get 4 for gifts for Christmas and I was dissapointed that they ran out already. All of the targets in my area (which is about 7) are sold out, they wouldnt even bother to check if any had them in stock because they have checked all day. They are also not offering rain checks and do not know when and if they will get anymore in this week. Worst case I can get it at best buy but I believe it's a little more there, Just a heads up to anyone out there.

Lol, you must be new to shopping. You can take the target ad to best buy and price match there. Though you may encounter some resistance on them price matching and accepting the coupons. Good luck though.

Yeah, def. try to price match, but at my Target..they did have only a few left in both the dvd and blu versions. but even other things were limited stock. I'd probably have to blame black friday sales for that...not bringing in enough new items since their back was probably full until thursday night with all the stock for that sale.

this time of year... my targets always run out of disney releases the first day... always... they ususally stock back up on thursday tho...

In case some haven't taken a look there; I suggest asking at the electronics counter. I went back with my co worker who claims he has never PMd anything before. At first glance, it appeared that F/F2K was OOS but a quick trip to the electronics cashier and we saw they had a stack there.

There was one Fantasia BD left when I went by Target on my way home this afternoon. I took a Walmart sale flyer, and with the Sorcerer's Apprentice price match and the coupons and store promo, total price was $20 and change for both.

WTF? The $10 off if you buy two works on two copies of Fantasia? I thought it was Fantasia + Sorcerer's Apprentice only

Yea, i went to one target and they were OOS. Asked them to call another one to see if they had it. Was a waste of time since the amount of time it took for the process I could have been there and back.....but they had 3 so i went and got the deal

After the Target near work did not PM Walmart's deal on SA I went to my Target when I got home and they only had ONE Fantasia Blu left and it was not the digital copy one. I asked the guy at electronics and he told me they didn't get any in at all. He thinks something happened with the shipment because they usually get some in and told me to check back in a couple days. If that helps anyone.

The local target I went too had like five copies of Fantasia but they were in a weird spot not with the other new release blu's or even on a prominent end cap they were on a back end cap. They did have like a huge amount of sorcerers apprentice out though. My brother when he worked at Target said they used to keep certain items i.e new release games/movies out back and not actually receive them all into store inventory so they won't show on hand in stock checks to keep from having to sell lots of items at a reduced price and then receive them after the sale was over and put them out.

I got the last one from my Target around 2:15-ish. Front stickers were scraped off onto the shelf plastic, but I straightened 'em out and stuck them back on the box (call it OCD if you must). Looked around for a hidden stash of fresher boxes, but couldn't find its spot. According to the cashier they were selling very well. Plenty of Sorcerer's Apprentice though.

Try back on Friday or Saturday. In my experience, Target always runs out of new releases quickly on Tuesday, but has them restocked in bulk by the end of the week.

[quote name='lobito72']After the Target near work did not PM Walmart's deal on SA I went to my Target when I got home and they only had ONE Fantasia Blu left and it was not the digital copy one. I asked the guy at electronics and he told me they didn't get any in at all. He thinks something happened with the shipment because they usually get some in and told me to check back in a couple days. If that helps anyone.[/QUOTE]

Fantasia doesn't come in a digial copy pack form only the SA had that choice.

Target hardly ever stocks a lot of any given item when it's something like that. Blu-ray box sets, exclusives or even things like this when they have a good sale seem to be slighted in the quantity department.

My Target said they received two, yes only two copies. I managed to get one of them Tuesday though! Seems pretty shortsighted to advertise a new release with a special discount and then only stock a couple copies...

[quote name='astrotide']My Target said they received two, yes only two copies. I managed to get one of them Tuesday though! Seems pretty shortsighted to advertise a new release with a special discount and then only stock a couple copies...[/QUOTE]

Wow, completely ridiculous. It just makes me want this even more because I know this is the cheapest it will ever be.

When I was a kid, I watched Fantasia over and over again, but I mostly stopped watching after the Micky sorcerer's apprentice part. I'm want to buy this damn set for like 16 minutes of footage, lol.

3 Targets near me are all out too. Had to go to best buy and got their last copy. This was A DAY after release. Seems like these were initially shipped in limited quantities to only have to honor few purchases with coupons.

Surprisingly, my local Target (Redlands, CA) had plenty (8 or more) DVD+BR editions in stock when I purchased mine late in the afternoon yesterday. I say surprisingly because this location is usually prone to selling out in 24 hours with a restock coming around Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='basketb']What are you talking about? Fantasia doesn't come with a digital copy.[/QUOTE]Sorceror's Apprentice does come with one.

[quote name='basketb']What are you talking about? Fantasia doesn't come with a digital copy.[/QUOTE]

My apologies. Thank you for the clarification. Editing that post now.

Like someone meantioned earlier, one of my Targets restocked Fantasia today. Yesterday an employee with a price gun checker said this store would maybe have one copy left. When I went to this store today, they had 5 or 6 Blu Ray copies of Fantasia.

The kid at the cash register was really cool and took both coupons no problem (1 for Sorcerers apprentice 2 disc and 1 for Fantasia). He even meantioned that he did the same thing to buy Beauty and the Beast. So I ended up getting both for $25+tax. That's somewhat reasonable for 3 Disney movies (1 of which I don't care about. Guess which one :p )

Somewhat off topic, but Destino is pretty awesome huh .. I guess you can watch it on youtube, but it looks great on blu-ray and is actually better than most of the pieces in either Fantasia imo.

I was able to pick up the 4 disc version of Fantasia at my local Target tonight. The in-store inventory on Target.com shows that Fantasia is available at most of my local Targets:)

bread's done
Back