Is anyone familiar with running Maple (the program)?

hopesfall

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
I am trying to figure this program out, but I'm running into some problems. I'm not doing anything terribly advanced, just trying to plot trig functions, and it keeps freezing up on me. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can anyone tell me the "proper" way to type in a formula and then plot it? 2d, 3d, it doesn't matter, although 2d would be better for now. If anyone knows of any resources that would help me out, I'd appreciate that as well. Thanks!

I hate maple. I was forced to use it once for a crazy Cal III teacher. I don't really recall it that well. Plotting should be something like this: plot (sin x + 3) in that type of format. If its crashing a bunch I'd try to run in on linux if possible, because it seemed to work better. I had problems running on my machine, but shelling into the school seemed to work better. If I still had my notebook I could help a lot more.

Yeah good tutorial there Strell it was in my bookmarks.

f(x):= something;
g(x):=something;

plot( [f(x), g(x)], x=0..4, color=[red,blue], style=[point, line]);

That should tell you what you need to know right there more or less.

awesome, thank you guys. believe it or not, i am not using this for school (not yet), but I do want to get familiar with it in case I need it. i was told by a friend that i'll be needing it when i go back to school in the fall, and i'd like to get a headstart on being familiar with it now. so i need to start low and work my way up, hence the simple stuff for now. might seem like an odd question, but are there other (better?) programs out there that do similar things? i've heard of matlab and mathematica but i haven't used either. thanks guys.

I used both Matlab and Maple for a required CS class for my curriculum. Matlab is harder to grasp than Maple, especially if you're not too familiar with programming.

Maple is straightforward really, you shouldn't need to tinker around with it too much before your class begins. You won't need to have much experience to delve into and understand it. Worry more about Matlab, it's not very user-friendly at first.

bread's done
Back