Is anyone interested in the movies 'Pathfinder' or 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force'?

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Both movies are coming out this weekend. I'm waiting on the reviews for Pathfinder but it kinda looks interesting. I know its been getting a lot of crap on the internet (or the Internets as George W. likes to put it).

Aqua Teen Hunger Force could be hit or miss. I don't do drugs but maybe that is a movie you have to be stoned to watch.

[quote name='Xevious']Both movies are coming out this weekend. I'm waiting on the reviews for Pathfinder but it kinda looks interesting. I know its been getting a lot of crap on the internet (or the Internets as George W. likes to put it).

Aqua Teen Hunger Force could be hit or miss. I don't do drugs but maybe that is a movie you have to be stoned to watch.[/quote]

I'm kind of interested in Pathfinder.

But I haven't seen 300 or Grindhouse, those are both first on my list.

Suddenly so many cool movies!

Grindhouse for me this weekend, Aqua Teen next. The show is awesome, I can only imagine the movie will be equally insane :)

And no, I'm not a stoner, so your logic fails there :)

Pathfinder actually looks interesting but I don't know if I am going to see it in theaters. Aqua Teen I am going to see because I have always been a big fan of the show.

I'm interested in both. I'm probaby going to visit some family this weekend and my cousins want to go see ATHF so I'm sure I'll be seeing that this weekend.

The ATHF movie will tank even harder than Grindhouse.

I don't get it, a show that runs out of steam 4 minutes into it's 15 minute episodes, is gonna try to make a FULL LENGTH movie? And I love the arbitrary words thrown onto the end of the title. Colon Movie Film for Theaters. That is SOOOOOOO silly and funny!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']The ATHF movie will tank even harder than Grindhouse.

I don't get it, a show that runs out of steam 4 minutes into it's 15 minute episodes, is gonna try to make a FULL LENGTH movie? And I love the arbitrary words thrown onto the end of the title. Colon Movie Film for Theaters. That is SOOOOOOO silly and funny![/QUOTE]

You wouldn't understand. You never lived in New Jersey, have you?

I like AHTF, but I'm not going to mortgage one of my testicles to see it in a theatre. I reserve those dollars for stuff like Spidey, Potter and Oceans 13.

Woah, I didn't know there was such hate for ATHF...

I think it's just one of those shows that you either "get" or you don't. If you don't, forget about it, the rest of us will enjoy it.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']And I love the arbitrary words thrown onto the end of the title. Colon Movie Film for Theaters. That is SOOOOOOO silly and funny![/quote]

That's a good point. Smacks of trying too hard. Especially after Borat already made that joke.

[quote name='CrimGhost']The creators of ATHF know its target audience...TERRORISTS.[/quote]Hopefully those terrorists will target the creators, so we won't have to put up with anymore of their show.

ATHF is my next movie.
Probably not going to see Pathfinder.

I think you'll need to be an avid ATHF watcher to get the most out of it.
I hope it's going to be like the last episode of the third season where they brought back ALL of the "villians" back.

[quote name='A7las']Woah, I didn't know there was such hate for ATHF...

I think it's just one of those shows that you either "get" or you don't. If you don't, forget about it, the rest of us will enjoy it.[/quote]

I actually like the show. I just question whether or not they have enough material to make a 90 minute movie. Beavis & Butthead and South Park translated into very good movies but ATHF is a different kind of cartoon.

[quote name='Xevious']I actually like the show. I just question whether or not they have enough material to make a 90 minute movie. Beavis & Butthead and South Park translated into very good movies but ATHF is a different kind of cartoon.[/QUOTE]

They can do it. As long as Danzig and Zack Wylde are involved.

I would be interested in Pathfinder if the lead character wasn't so wierd looking. I've already made plans to see ATHF tommorrow.

This has been a great year for movies.

Is the main guy in Pathfinder that dude from Chronicles of Riddick? Cause he sounds/looks like him and that dude was annoying as fuck in Riddick...Even STILL, I wanna see Pathfinder cause it reminds me of shitty late 80s early 90s action movies that i love.

I would go to ATHF but most people at the theater look judgemental and that really hurts :(

Plus it's gonna be FULL of 13 year olds.

DVD for me!

nah that pathfinder movie looks stale and predictavle and ive never seen a cartoon made into a movie that ever was worht watching. whether its the beavis and butthead movie or south park cartoons dont lend themselves well to movie form when theyre based on short cartoons. mind you transformers the movie and the gi joe movies are exceptions but theyre a diff kind of cartoon that always begged for a movie or longer form.....oh yeah and the ducktales movie was cool too.

[quote name='humidore']Is the main guy in Pathfinder that dude from Chronicles of Riddick? Cause he sounds/looks like him and that dude was annoying as fuck in Riddick...Even STILL, I wanna see Pathfinder cause it reminds me of shitty late 80s early 90s action movies that i love.[/QUOTE]

If you're refering to Karl Urban, then yes. Also, he was Eomer in LoTR. That fact alone makes him the ultimate badass

I saw The Reaping Weds.,it was very good.Disturbia & Perfect Stranger are next for me,but i probably will rent Pathfinder when it comes out on dvd.

I went to see Aqua Teens today. Man, I love the show but the movie was TERRIBLE. It was pretty much an hour and a half long episode. Which sounds like it could still be good....only it wasn't. That hour and a half probably contained about as many funny parts as your typical 15 minute ep. Only it was 6 times as long and thus very painful to watch.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']I don't get it, a show that runs out of steam 4 minutes into it's 15 minute episodes, is gonna try to make a FULL LENGTH movie? And I love the arbitrary words thrown onto the end of the title. Colon Movie Film for Theaters. That is SOOOOOOO silly and funny![/QUOTE]Yeah. The 15 min. episode are only mildly entertaining. I don't think I could stand an hour and a half of that much stupid.

The ATHF movie banked a whopping 3 million in box office this weekend. But the creators will tell you "It's SUPPOSED to not make money, that's the joke!"

I saw ATHF on opening night with a group of friends and the group was split on feelings about the movie. I personally loved it (love the show too) and felt it lived up to my expectations. If you can laugh at alot of the little things along with big jokes in the shows than I think you'd like it. The people in the group that didn't like it were people that didn't really like/watch the show but came with for the hell of it. I will say that most of the theater there that night was laughing start to finish, or at least it seemed like that to me.

I've been saying Pathfinder looks like shit forever, and look what happens? It's shit!! #6 at the box office and terrible reviews. The Indians vs. vikings idea was a great concept, but I could tell from the trailer alone that it was gonna suck hard.

And LOL @ ATHF's poor turnout. I still hate Mumbles Menino though.

Eh, I might rent Pathfinder at some point but I have never understood the appeal of ATHF. Rented disk one of the series from Netflix after hearing so much about it, turned it off after the first episode & sent it back. No thanks.

My next movie will probably be Next. And after that Spidy, of course.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']The ATHF movie banked a whopping 3 million in box office this weekend. But the creators will tell you "It's SUPPOSED to not make money, that's the joke!"[/QUOTE]
It only cost 1.5 Million to make, so they've already doubled their money.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I've been saying Pathfinder looks like shit forever, and look what happens? It's shit!! #6 at the box office and terrible reviews. The Indians vs. vikings idea was a great concept, but I could tell from the trailer alone that it was gonna suck hard.

And LOL @ ATHF's poor turnout. I still hate Mumbles Menino though.[/QUOTE]
But since when does the box office numbers matter? Ghost Rider was the number one movie for a week or so. Also reviews tend to mean shit also.

[quote name='argyle']Eh, I might rent Pathfinder at some point but I have never understood the appeal of ATHF. Rented disk one of the series from Netflix after hearing so much about it, turned it off after the first episode & sent it back. No thanks.
[/QUOTE]

The series dosen't really find its groove until episode 4... episode 1 - 3 are shit, imo, and after those 3 they drop the idea of them being "detectives" and the show gets pretty decent.

You can't really gauge an entire series that spans 5 seasons just by the first episode... I know many shows that have a subpar first episode but go on to be awesome.

Anyways, I agree with what someone said up above, I wouldn't see Aqua Teen in the theater just because of the idiot crowd it would attract... I'll wait for the DVD. fuck theaters.

ATHF hasn't been funny at all in the most recent episodes, so I don't expect the movie to be that funny, if it's funny at all. The show really started tanking after Season 4.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I've been saying Pathfinder looks like shit forever, and look what happens? It's shit!! #6 at the box office and terrible reviews. The Indians vs. vikings idea was a great concept, but I could tell from the trailer alone that it was gonna suck hard.

And LOL @ ATHF's poor turnout. I still hate Mumbles Menino though.[/quote]

Come on guys, there's no way that would work. those teams are from two completely different sports.

I won't be seeing Pathfinder, but I wouldn't be against it. Looks a good half crappy beastmaster at war type movie. i won't be seeing Aqua Teen because it looks shitty.

bread's done
Back