Is Army of Two Or Rainbow 6 Vegas better?

rofljeff

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a co-op that me and my friends can play. Which one of the two should I get? Give me reasons why like the pros and the cons of each game. I can't really decide which one to get.

Edit: I meant Rainbow 6 Vegas 2.

[quote name='Hybrid5006']Vegas 2 - because it is longer than AoT[/quote]

How long would it take to finish AoT and how long for Vegas 2?

I would go with Army of Two. Way more fun, especially with 2 people. I hated Vegas 2 they are just riding the fact that Vegas 1 did so well with not actually improving the game. Length wise they are about the same (though I like playing Army of Two again and agian where as I never want to see Vegas 2 again.) If you want the Vegas experience just go get a copy of Vegas 1 for cheap and get Army of Two. Just my opinion.

[quote name='NJMane']I would go with Army of Two. Way more fun, especially with 2 people. I hated Vegas 2 they are just riding the fact that Vegas 1 did so well with not actually improving the game. Length wise they are about the same (though I like playing Army of Two again and agian where as I never want to see Vegas 2 again.) If you want the Vegas experience just go get a copy of Vegas 1 for cheap and get Army of Two. Just my opinion.[/quote]

I have Vegas 1 and it was awesome. I played the demo of AoT and it was fun and hilarious at the same time. The thing I'm worried about for AoT is the length and replayablity.

[quote name='rofljeff']I think I'm going to buy a used Army of Two.[/quote]

Check out ebay. They have New copies going for about $40 shipped. Thats what I got my copy at the week the game came out.

If you really like Vegas 1 then Vegas 2 is the EXACT same game. Nothing really new. They also take oyu away from the strip and bright colors to a more desolate outer Vegas. As I said it was not that good for me. I also enjoyed the first Vegas but Vegas 2 feels like the same game just less impressive.

Army of Two was built around co-op, so all features work in co-op mode. R6V2 has co-op limitations as described here:

Co-op, on the other hand, is another ball of wax. Ubisoft Montreal did some good. It put in the cutscenes, mission briefings, and tutorials that were missing in the first game. It's all downhill from there. The changes made to the co-op gameplay were poorly implemented. Campaign co-op was shrunk from four players down to two. But you are still joined by two AI teammates. Only the host player is able to issue commands, leaving the second player as nothing more than a hired gun. Player two is instead forced to sit idly by as the first player orders teammates around and completes objectives in the level. And if the host goes down, your AI teammates have no one to tell them what to do until he respawns. Why in the hell can't the second player feel like more of a part of the storyline? And why only two players for campaign when you can still have four-player co-op in Terrorist Hunt?

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/860/860324p2.html

How many friends? I'd say ditto on Vegas 1 - you can play 4 player co-op. Get it way cheaper.

(BTW - for good Co-Op fun, try Crackdown! And don't judge it by the demo - that wasn't a good representation.)

I've played both.
And Co-op On Army of Two with a Buddy on story mode is insanely fun.
From upgrading your weapon to yelling the shit out of your friend for sucking.
Its awesome.
but thats where it ends. After you beat the game once its not much fun anymore.
Practically all the guns are unlocked then and most of them are just more of the same and not that interesting to go back to use them.
Also multiplayer is dull.

Vegas 2 co-op story is fun as well just as pointed out the second player's role sucks.
but still fun and the best part is customization of your character (LOTS of armor choices and get a vision cam to put your face on it, it actually works really good) and online terrorist hunt with 4 players.
Its incredibly fun and i'm still not bore of it yet.

So in short get AoT, play the story with a friend, then sell the game.
Then get Vegas 2 and play co-op story, then keep the game and continue playing terrorist hunt online.

I haven't played AoT but my roommate beat it on single player, before I even got a chance to pick it up, so I just didn't bother... Instead we both jumped into playing RS:V2, he was player 1, and I was player2. I liked the gameplay, but the story was incredibly weak. It banked on you remembering every single little detail from #1, because the storyline takes place at the same time. I felt kinda cheated by that. However, like the post above me says, i've still been playing the heck out of terrorist hunt, and customizing my character.

bread's done
Back