Is Buy.com reliable?

Nathan_Sama

CAGiversary!
I want to order Metal Gear Solid: Essentials using GCO but my dad says that site isn't very reliable....

Can I get some feedback from you guys?

(And if this is the wrong forum, I am sorry just move me into the appropriate one.)

the site is fine. i have never had problems with them. i ordered a t.v. and a couple of games from them and everything was in fine condition. the only issue is that the free shipping is somewhat slow.

Why do parents think they know what is and what is not reliable when they more than likely have NO experience or knowledge of something?

Buy.com is reliable. Google endorses it obviously, that should be a good indicator by itself.

Haven't had one failure in about a dozen orders. I had one item ship slowly.
It's probably my third most frequently used online store besides amazon and bestbuy.com.
Honestly, I have had much better luck with them than Deep Discount.
I don't hesitate to reccommend them.

Buy.com is very reliable. The free shipping is slow, and they sometimes take awhile to process an order, but with some of the deals I get off of them, especially with GCO discounts, I can't complain.

Your dad's a fool. Tell him that.

The site is 100% reliable, I've used the GCO cheat on Buy.com a little over five times now, and I have gotten all my items that I payed for. I go for the free shipping too and I always receive my item after they ship it in about 3-5 days so that's not really that bad.

Buy.com is the most reliable site I've ordered from in recent months. They usually have cheaper prices than everywhere else, offer $10 off with GCO and every time I've ordered from there, I usually get my item 2 days later.

Buy.com is great and your dad needs to do his research.

Got my Xbox 360 from Buy.com over the holidays. Got my Xbox Live 1 year card from them recently, not to mention numerous comic book tpb's/HC's.

Just expect slow shipping if you go free shipping.

They took weeks to process my order for the 360 Marvel/Forza when it first came out. I plan on avoiding them in the future.

Indeed. I actually just placed an order that hadn't shipped for over a week. I e-mailed them early this morning, and the package was out by the afternoon. They also appear to have slightly upgraded the shipping. Instead of "other carrier" and no tracking information, it's linked to a USPS DC number. I love Buy.com...

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']thanks guys
but now my dad is pissed lol
i bought it! :D[/quote]

Is it his money you're using or is it yours? Because if it's yours, then I don't see the real issue there.

I used a pre-paid CC to buy Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from them back just before it came out. My game shipped out and was to my door a week after it released, which is ALOT quicker than what you'd get with MANY other sites.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it his money you're using or is it yours? Because if it's yours, then I don't see the real issue there.

I used a pre-paid CC to buy Fire Pro Wrestling Returns from them back just before it came out. My game shipped out and was to my door a week after it released, which is ALOT quicker than what you'd get with MANY other sites.[/quote]his
but its was still kinda crazy
he was saying why not wait till walmart has it after i told him that we would save $10 from GCO

AS a frequent deal hunter, I have been burned by buy.con several times. This needs to be said. If you are buying a product like a game or DVD, you have nothing to worry about. BUT if you are buying any item with a rebate I would not buy from them. I am the member of several different class action lawsuits against buy.com because of refurbished products sold as new as well as non payment of rebates. Basically if you can buy it at a big box store it is safe, but if it is a tech item, then I would not buy from them.

[quote name='slowdive21']AS a frequent deal hunter, I have been burned by buy.con several times. This needs to be said. If you are buying a product like a game or DVD, you have nothing to worry about. BUT if you are buying any item with a rebate I would not buy from them. I am the member of several different class action lawsuits against buy.com because of refurbished products sold as new as well as non payment of rebates. Basically if you can buy it at a big box store it is safe, but if it is a tech item, then I would not buy from them.[/quote]

Wow, that sucks. The non-payment of rebates, unfortunately, happens from time to time everywhere, but selling refurbed items as new is totally unacceptable.

bread's done
Back