Is Canada even doing Black Friday this year?

Slayer15

CAGiversary!
Other than Amazon, not a single retailer is saying anything about it. I know it'a not until the 28th, but I would have thought they would at least be talking about, maybe releasing some flyers. Most retailer flyers are using their Christmas theme now, and it seems strange that they would start doing that before they release Black Friday flyers. Do I just need to wait longer, or did Canadian retailers decide not to do it this year?

Target's flyer is up.

$350 Assassin's Creed Unity XBOX One Bundle w/ $50 Target GC
Best deal so far I think. Probably getting an xbox from walmart if nothing better comes up.
RCSS is the best on that XBONE bundle. Same deal, $350 plus a $50 store gift card, plus no tax (Friday/Saturday), plus a free fucking turkey with the $250 purchase coupon.

I'm really tempted and I don't even want one. I'm RCSS staff, so I'd get 10% off on top too. Basically getting a XBONE for $265...

Last edited by a moderator:
RCSS is the best on that XBONE bundle. Same deal, $350 plus a $50 store gift card, plus no tax (Friday/Saturday), plus a free fucking turkey with the $250 purchase coupon.

I'm really tempted and I don't even want one. I'm RCSS staff, so I'd get 10% off on top too. Basically getting a XBONE for $265...
The 10% would be an extra bonus for you for sure.

THe no tax is very nice. that is about $50 in savings, plus the $50 gift card to go towards a game or get the controller.

Where did you see the turkey thing? Not that i enjoy turkey.

I just wish i didn't have both assassins creed already :( Or at least let them be hard copies that i could sell/trade in ha.

Where did you see the turkey thing? Not that i enjoy turkey.
Every week RCSS has a coupon for something for free with like a $100-$250 purchase. The coupon is always on the front page of their grocery flyer, and they usually have some to hand out in-store (but they often run out). Next week is a turkey with any purchase over $250. Generally the best weekly coupon they toss out is a $25 gift card with a $250 purchase, I think that's what they had last Black Friday. But they are a grocery store, so they often give out crap. I think right now they're giving out poinsettias.

If you don't like turkey give it to your Mom or a friend. Turkeys are worth like $20 easy, and can be kept around frozen for Christmas dinner.

[quote name="ragnar14" post="12270963" timestamp="1417014394"]RCSS is the best on that XBONE bundle. Same deal, $350 plus a $50 store gift card, plus no tax (Friday/Saturday), plus a free fucking turkey with the $250 purchase coupon.

I'm really tempted and I don't even want one. I'm RCSS staff, so I'd get 10% off on top too. Basically getting a XBONE for $265...[/quote]

Sorry I have to ask but does RCSS stand for Real Canadian Superstore? Because for those who are students, superstore also has student discounts on tuesdays - 10% off I believe and they price match so if you find a flyer that has deals extended into next week/tuesday, price match and get a discount on top!

Yep, that's the acronym for Real Canadian Superstore on CAG.

I wouldn't wait till Tuesday to try and get a deal. They never have a lot of stock on things, and assuming your province is around 12% sales tax the deals would be roughly equal anyways.

What if you bought it without the 10% discount, returned it on Tuesday and repurchased with the price match and discount, would they allow repurchasing?

Haha I assumed so but thought I would ask just in case.

Also the turkey deal appears to only be in the west coast flyers. They're not in my local flyer (Toronto/Ontario flyer) but when I searched my old postal code it was in the Vancouver/BC flyer.

I live in toronto there is never ANY stock at shoppers drug mart. It's a tossup if the prices are even those prices.

But yes if you shop store closures and massive clearouts yes you'll do better than black friday.

But this year game prices are much better than last years blackfriday deals.

You're definitely right about that. I don't understand why it was so hard for them to comprehend, it was a simple request. I thought about complaining to a manager, but I figured he wouldn't give a shit.
They're underpaid workers that can't find a better job then walmart... honestly for these things it's best they know nothing... so just tell them it's brand you new you changed your mind and found a better christmas present so you need a refund... Then go rebuy the bundle... also I thought there was a price guarentee for some places... guessing walmart isn't one of them.

Anyone think the PS4 bundle on amazon.ca is the best deal we're going to see this year? Thinking about getting it.
I would say yes, at least until Boxing Day but probably beyond that too, especially if TLoU digital is a game you want. You're essentailly getting the console + game for $375.

If you're interested in GTAV then there might be a better deal though.

I'm tempted because I really want Bloodborne next year.

I would say yes, at least until Boxing Day but probably beyond that too, especially if TLoU digital is a game you want. You're essentailly getting the console + game for $375.

If you're interested in GTAV then there might be a better deal though.

I'm tempted because I really want Bloodborne next year.
Thanks. I went through and got it :D TLOU is definitely a game I want and GTAV I really don't care about, so I'm definitely happier getting this rather than those bundles with gtav i've seen. Pretty sure this is a better or equal deal than we'll see on boxing day judging from the last few years.

Yeah, I'm defiantly waiting for Boxing Day instead. Everyone basically has the same deals, minus some differences here and there.

Disappointing imo, especially since you can get most of these games for less elsewhere.

bread's done
Back