Is Dragon Warrior for the NES rare?

FatBat

CAG Veteran
I recently found a copy along with Contra at a local pawn shop, just wondering if it was rare or not.

Dragon Warrior is not rare at all with low demand, it got rarity of 1 out of 10 on digitpress. Average price on ebay is $1-3 cart only or more for complete version. On the other hand contra is very high in demand with a low rarity. It has rarity of 2 out of 10 and average about $20 on ebay.

If you attend to play them, get both of them. They are great games. Most people avoided dragon warrior because it doesn't age very well. But contra on other hand, is still fun to play even today

[quote name='fatbeer']Dragon Warrior is not rare at all with low demand, it got rarity of 1 out of 10 on digitpress. Average price on ebay is $1-3 cart only or more for complete version. On the other hand contra is very high in demand with a low rarity. It has rarity of 2 out of 10 and average about $20 on ebay.

If you attend to play them, get both of them. They are great games. Most people avoided dragon warrior because it doesn't age very well. But contra on other hand, is still fun to play even today[/QUOTE]

I still think the original Dragon Warrior is pretty fun. I played the GBC version not that long ago, and I thought it had held up fairly well--if you don't mind old-school level grinding, it's worth picking up for the right price.

Good to know, I plan on playing both. Dragon Warrior looks interesting, and I've always been a fan of Contra, I didn't know Contra was worth that much, I picked it up for $1.50 Canadian

This is a list of NES games I aquired so far...

Contra
Dragon Warrior
Life Force
Metroid
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt (I know this is easy to find)
Tetris
Rad Racer

I've also picked up Dragon Quest 8 for the PS2, I believe it's part of the Dragon Warrior series, right?

Someone may correct my memory if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a period where Nintendo Power was giving away free copies of Dragon Warrior with new subscriptions? I'm guessing that contributes to its commonality.

Still, a fun game. A huge grindfest, to be sure, but a fun game nonetheless.

[quote name='Yaxley']Someone may correct my memory if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a period where Nintendo Power was giving away free copies of Dragon Warrior with new subscriptions? I'm guessing that contributes to its commonality.

Still, a fun game. A huge grindfest, to be sure, but a fun game nonetheless.[/quote]

You're right. That was one hell of a subscription hook though.

[quote name='Paco']You're right. That was one hell of a subscription hook though.[/quote]

Hell yea, a free cartridge back in the day was an AMAZING mind-melter. I was in for one.

[quote name='Yaxley']Someone may correct my memory if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a period where Nintendo Power was giving away free copies of Dragon Warrior with new subscriptions? I'm guessing that contributes to its commonality.

Still, a fun game. A huge grindfest, to be sure, but a fun game nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Even better, the commercial had a Fabio look-alike wielding a sword in front of flames telling you about the awesomeness of Nintendo Power.

bread's done
Back