Is DVD Talk the best DVD discussion/deal site?

Maklershed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
My apologies to the mods if this doesnt belong in this forum .. it just seems like it would fit the best here.

But I'm wondering if DVD Talk is the best dvd deals/discussion forum. If not could someone recommend others?

It's all subjective, of course. For deals, yeah. For discussion...maybe. The Home Theater Forum crowd skews a lot older, so I tend to prefer that. But, I've still yet to find somewhere to talk about DVDs/movies that feels just right to me.

Could be because I hate people. :D

[quote name='modium']It's all subjective, of course. For deals, yeah. For discussion...maybe. The Home Theater Forum crowd skews a lot older, so I tend to prefer that. But, I've still yet to find somewhere to talk about DVDs/movies that feels just right to me.

Could be because I hate people. :D[/quote]

I love DVD Talk but my problem isnt the people but the quantity of thread/posts created in a given amount of time. Things seem to move fairly slow there.

[quote name='Maklershed']I love DVD Talk but my problem isnt the people but the quantity of thread/posts created in a given amount of time. Things seem to move fairly slow there.[/QUOTE]

I think that depends on the forum, Ive been a member there for many many years... just seems certain areas move slower than others

[quote name='modium']blahblahblah

Could be because I hate people. :D[/quote]
35E1186019222B707B7F77AB7E6977.jpg

EXXXXXCELLENT. . . LET THE HATE CONSUME YOU

Ive been a member for 7 or so years (I read but never posted for a year) and there are many great discussions there.

For me, it's probably the best of what's available as the site deals with more topics / issues than you can think of.

Without DVDTalk, I never would have been initiated into the world of International DVD, DVD bargain hunting and the various methods used to fix DVD playability (boiling in hot water or toothpaste anyone?). I got to meet a lot of people online and when the time came to offer something back, I rose to the challenge and started the weekly price threads of the 3 big box retailers (which I NEVER dreamed would become this popular).

I was eventually recruited by Demolition Man to do the same for CAG (which has become my second home).

There are a ton of pluses for DVDTalk and maybe just a few minuses as well.

Yes, some areas move more slowly than others but I'm sure one could say the same about CAG. BOTH sites feature great people coming together to discuss their own unique passion: Gaming or DVD Collecting.

Home Theater Forum is all well and good for those with intense interest in the technical aspects of DVDs and players and such, but DVDTalk focuses on those issues that affect the masses and it is because of that familiarity that I became "hooked" as well as having become a contributing member.

If I ever get reliable spare time, it is my belief that CAG and IT'S members will help me re-enter the world of gaming.

Thanks to the people here at CAG, I became a member over there. I check out DVD Bargins section almost every night, some good deals are mentioned over there, that are not always mentioned here.

I think HTF and AVs move *too* fast. If I check in once a day or every other day, I don't like seeing "12412 new posts." It's overwhelming. DVDT is a manageable level of traffic, imho.

Their adult dvd reviews and section in the forum are fun....

But yeah, they seem to get some of the best dvd deals..

Yes.

Speaking of it, I have been a member for 7 years but haven't gone there in the past 6 months. I think I should go back for a visit ;)

bread's done
Back