Is Fallout 3 really that bad on the PS3?

smilydude

CAG Veteran
I'm asking because I'm trying to find a game to round out the 25% off deal on gamestop. Needs to be around 20 bucks... Needless to say, there's not many options for me. I've heard Fallout 3 is great, but not on the PS3 due to horrid freezing problems. And if anybody has any better ideas for a game around that price mark, please let me know. Thanks for any help!

Fallout 3 is buggy in any platform, I have the 360 version and it freezes alot. The best version is the PC because of the mods, and unofficial patches, and of course the graphics.

How about Killzone 2 or resistance 2? Both are $25. I wouldn't recommend playing Fallout 3 on the PS3, besides the major freeze issues, the game can get screwed up when using the VATS system. For example, I was stuck in slow mo shooting the bullet for 5 mins, this happened to me more than once it was quite annoying.

If you're going to get it for a console go with the 360. I have completed the game + the dlcs and it only froze about 3 times. Might I add this is well over 150 hours of gameplay.

No. The game is really not that bad. I've got about 200 hours into the PS3 version with only 2 of the 5 expansions played through. It has frozen up on me, but that's to be expected with any version of fallout 3.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']How about Killzone 2 or resistance 2? Both are $25. I wouldn't recommend playing Fallout 3 on the PS3, besides the major freeze issues, the game can get screwed up when using the VATS system. For example, I was stuck in slow mo shooting the bullet for 5 mins, this happened to me more than once it was quite annoying.

If you're going to get it for a console go with the 360. I have completed the game + the dlcs and it only froze about 3 times. Might I add this is well over 150 hours of gameplay.[/QUOTE]
I already have KZ2. And I've heard that resistance 2 isn't that good, is that correct? Anyway, so far, my cart has FFXIII and Infamous in it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I don't recall Fallout ever giving me problems on my PS3. But like everyone's said, you should just play it however you can!

I'd stay away from the original PC version; I have some face-punching memories of long install times then the thing not working because...guess what, SecuROM. You might want to hold out for the game of the year edition, which according to one amazon review has left out the more aggressive copy-protection software.

[quote name='smilydude']I already have KZ2. And I've heard that resistance 2 isn't that good, is that correct? Anyway, so far, my cart has FFXIII and Infamous in it.

Thanks for the suggestions.[/QUOTE]

I had Fallout 3 on my ps3, and I don't really remember having any problems with it. Resistance 2 isn't as bad as they say either, as long as you aren't in it for the multiplayer... I actually thoroughly enjoyed the campaign.

fallout 3 is always buggy, but i am almost done with it on PS3 and it wasn't that bad. glitched while walking every now and again, and once the game exited and lost a bunch of progress for me for no reason.

Fallout 3 is outstanding - especially if you enjoyed Oblivion. Such a step up (well, for the most part). Resistance 2 was also great - not sure where you heard it wasn't. I enjoyed it MUCH more than Killzone 2 - especially the multiplayer.

The campaign in resistance 2 is quite fun, it features an 8 player co-op online. I can't say much about multiplayer, except RFOM's multiplayer was better.

I also recommend Resident Evil 5 if you don't already have it.

All I can say is expect crashes in every version of the game. It's still an enjoyable game though, I prolly clocked in over 100+ hours on the PC version alone.

Its been said but I can guarantee that if you don't go online and let it patch, it will freeze quite often. With the required patch though, it'll be as good as it is on any platform.

I played Fallout 3 on PS3 (even got the Platinum Trophy) and it works fine. To be fair I never touched the 360 version or the PC for that matter so I don't really know if it's that much better. I've seen my cousin play it and I did not notice a big difference.

As far as freezes, I did not experience that many. There are times (when a lot is happening on-screen) the game freezes for a few seconds but I would hardly call that a freeze, more like a slowdown. There were a bunch of bugs but if you take the scope into consideration it's almost expected. I noticed just as many glitches in Dragon Age (which I played on PC).

I have the install data from GOTY edition on my PS3. If I sold GOTY edition and bought the regular edition would I still be able to play the expansions with the previous data install?

bread's done
Back