Is good old games safe? gog.com?

K3NN3TH

CAG Veteran
I found Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition along with a few others on there and they're only 5.99.
How does that site work? You just buy the game and download it onto your computer I assume lol
Anyone use this? And how do the games play? Smooth or really fast?

Thanks ;)

It's like Steam essentially. You just download the game.

GoG is a really great site. Great community, deals, etc. I've used it before.

I like them alot, cheap and when you buy a game you get alot of extras, for example, might get the soundtrack, manual, art of book, wallpaper, etc

[quote name='maingon']I like them alot, cheap and when you buy a game you get alot of extras, for example, might get the soundtrack, manual, art of book, wallpaper, etc[/QUOTE]

It's all DRM free and you don't have to be online to play or anything, no client, just download the installer and install and play.

That's it.

GOG is great for some games that dont' play happy in Vista or even XP.

And everything is at a good price point, constantly adding games.

[quote name='xycury']
GOG is great for some games that dont' play happy in Vista or even XP.
[/quote]

Huge selling point for me. Now if they just beef up their collection of RPGs (I wanna play some Bioware stuff dammit), then it would just be perfect :)

[quote name='Samus']It's like Steam essentially. [/quote]

It's actually nothing like Steam.

Steam is DRM, just in an account managed type of way. These games are completely, 100%, DRM free.

GoG is great. Most games include a full digital manual and some include extras like wallpapers, or other items -- Fallout and Fallout 2 both came with nice extras.

[quote name='daminion']It's actually nothing like Steam.

Steam is DRM, just in an account managed type of way. These games are completely, 100%, DRM free.

GoG is great. Most games include a full digital manual and some include extras like wallpapers, or other items -- Fallout and Fallout 2 both came with nice extras.[/quote]

Essentially meaning you download games, no physical copies. =P

bread's done
Back