Is Halo 4 MP anything like KZ3 MP?

ludwigfrech

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Hello CAGs I'm thinking about buying HALO 4, I've heard that it have a great story but it is very short (aroun 8-9 hours?) but what I m really interested in is the MP... I am a new xbox user, always had PS and never played any halo game (was never interested but now I am!), I loved the Killzone 3 MP felt it was so adictive and exiting when it was just released so I would like to know if Halo is samethig like that... or if you could explain why is so great!

This was not created to know which one is better, or if PS3 or xbox sucks, or if Halo is for kids, or is KZ2 was better than KZ3 and that KZ3 sucks so hard!... please post honest advices or comparations.

I have personally alwys preferred Halo multiplayer. I played them ALOT. I did play quite a bit of killzone 2's multiplayer, and I dabbled a bit in killzone 3's multi, but it never really stick. Something about Halo multiplayer and the way it plays resonated with me. Halo 4's additions and tweaks to multiplayer, in my opinion, add a lot to it. Sure some of it is copying some things (kill streaks in COD), but it does not hurt it at all. Anyway, I say pick it up. It is easily one of the best Halo games and one of the best shooters this generation. Heres a link to the microsoft store where it is onsale for $39.99:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/pd/Halo-4-for-Xbox-360/productID.259042700/search.true

Thanks for what you say I'm seeing that the MP is amazing... I like whe games hook people with the way they play, there was something that I liked about KZ3 it was the class perks, and I really liked it because it defined the way you play you select what kind you like the most and the level up the way suits you better (that I did't like about COD the leveling up of weapons), I've heard that Halo have class perks right are them bigger and better?

They are fairly different although I can certainly see the influence of the Call of Duty games in KZ3 and Halo 4 compared to their respective predecessors. KZ3 has class-specific perks with several levels of upgrades for each. Earning XP lets you unlock these perks for whichever class you want. Halo 4 doesn't have any classes, so just pick the perks you want for each loadout -- it's more like CoD than KZ3 in this respect.

I haven't played KZ3 in many months so I'm not even sure if the MP servers are still humming with activity. It's possible they've come back to life again with the release of the Trilogy set. And Halo 4 will be running strong until the next one in a couple years' time.

KZ3 servers are still running but the comunity is still not as big as it used to be... back on topic, I was really hoping for class specific perks, but as you say that is still have it's perks you make you loadout (I which I could do that on killzone something like an invisible strategist!) my question is if they are plenty enough to define someones playstile? It is really cool that the Halo comunity keeps always strong like Halo reach's MP!

An other unrelated question... should I buy it now for $40 or should I wait to get Halo 4 and BO2 for $70 would I want to play COD after playing Halo 4, I mean, will COD feel like a nerf battle in a bakyard?

bread's done
Back