Is it a good idea to buy a NEW Dreamcast?

Thunderscope

CAGiversary!
Im thinking of buying a dreamcast again, it was and still is my favorite system, and I sold my awesome collection back when I was a stupid kid that way I could buy some PS2 games. I saw some "NEW" systems on ebay and on a few websites. I would like to get a system thats in good condition and that wont break on me for a few years, I figure if I can go back in time and buy a new in box one it would be a good idea. Im just nervous about the true condition of the system and how well one may be thats been sitting in a box for 8 years. Is it worth the extra $60-80?

No it's not worth it. Most of em run like champs. I've had 2 in the past 2 years (got rid of it and later decided I wanted it again). I wouldn't worry too much about a used one, just test it right when you get it.

I can't imagine it being worth that much extra. If you can get one for maybe $20 more, then I'd say go for it. I'd also check at local stores before eBay, that way you can look the used system over before you buy.

Nah, just get a used one. They're cheap enough, you could get a couple. I did buy an import one from PA as a back up for a used one I got from a co-worker a while back though--still NIB as I haven't had a need to bust it open yet.

Yeah, that seems a bit high for the joy of a new system. Now, I don't know how much joy you would get at opening the new box and all the stuffings in there. To me, I'd rather have the extra $60, you may be different.

Overall though, the systems seem to be holding up very well, so I'd just go with a used one

Thats really up to you and how much you love the Dreamcast. I have three of them myself, lunch NA one, my import and one that is brand new never opened just incase. They really do hold up pretty well so its you call.

i have had my dreamcast since launch, i play homebrew and games on it, dreamcast was the easiest system to hack all you do is burn the image and play

bread's done
Back