Is it cheaper to buy DOW2 from the store instead of Steam?

Mana Thirst

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I was doing some math, DOW2 is at $49.99 USD from Steam but when you convert it to CAD $, it comes to $62.99 CAD. If I get it from the store with 13% tax, it comes to $56.49 CAD. Why are Canadians buying from Steam when it's cheaper in-store?

[quote name='firehawk12']Thankfully, retailers haven't jacked up PC game prices yet.
Still, I kind of like having a Steam version for some reason.[/quote]

yeah, all except Activsion and Bethesta

COD4 on PC for 60$ :cold:

[quote name='Firestorm']Firehawk, the retail game can be added to steam.[/QUOTE]

Not only this, but the box copy requires you to install Steam (if you do not have it) or integrate it with your existing account.

[quote name='Firestorm']Firehawk, the retail game can be added to steam.[/quote]

Oh wait, really?
Is this like UT3 where you can just input the CD key and get a Steam version? Or do you mean you can just add a shortcut in Steam?

Oh wow, it's a Steamworks game!
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/57111

So yeah, I guess there's no point at all to buy it off Steam.

Too bad Empire Total War already had the price go up though. That'd be another good deal too!

I like the disc version cause then you don't have the game download AND the install on your hard drive.

Also, I remember when I bought the direct2drive version of Neverwinter Nights 2, I had to download it 3 times because I kept getting CRC errors when trying to unzip the files. 5GigsX3 takes a long time to download.
I only did it cause it was release day and I couldn't find a retail copy anyway. But basically, that's the last time I buy a direct2drive game.

I had the same issue downloading the Final Fantasy XI 15 day trial too.

bread's done
Back