Is it illigal to return a game to a different store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aconitic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Like I got a game as a presant, no receipt. Would it be fraud to bring it into walmart or something for store credit?

Also i heard walmart takes your drivers license number when you return without receipt, anyone know why that is?

mods feel free to move if in wrong place

It's wrong.... but I would do it in this position. Now people who buy games for $20 bucks somewhere and return them at Wal-mart for $50 should die a horrible death.

Yes they do take your license without a recipt, and no it's not illegal (unless it's considered fraud, but I dunno). But it is pretty low to return a boatload of $8.96 games for full price.

I agree in most cases its bad, but as far as everyone knows they cant actually do any thing right? like as long as your not trying to pass off a fake copy or something its not fraud?

and what if i dont have a license?

if you dont have a license, then they take down your name, addy, etc..and its not a bad thing, especially if you dont know which store they got it from

It is illegal and it is fraud. They take your DL# to keep track of how many times you've done it in a certain time period.

It can't be talked about on CAG, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back