Is it just me or was The Village awful?

I loved it, and I loved Signs. Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense were awesome also, but they're not in my top 10 like these 2 movies are.

Signs was a great movie. It was unique and well made. But The Village was SO confusing and the ending was maybe the worst ever.

The ending of The Village ruined the rest of the experience for me, after seeing the ending, IMO, I lost intrest in the rest of the movie

The movie really sucked. What made it Worse it that i drove 60 miles to see it outside at the drive inn movies. The drive getting upthere was scarier than the movie.

[quote name='Shintenrouken']The ending of The Village ruined the rest of the experience for me, after seeing the ending, IMO, I lost intrest in the rest of the movie[/quote]

LOL

Beware Spoilers

Yea i was wondering if someone made a topic about this. The little twist in the story, made the whole story so sorry. It built up all these scary little spined warthog creatures, and then it turned out to be really nothing. Its like I watched a movie about some people getting tricked. Big deal :p

What would have made the move better imo, is if they showed some of those Red riding hood creatures in the back ground at the end hiding. Like how the Town leader said he based the creature on something he heard, and then we think everything is a hoax...and then just at the end after the retard dies...you see some guys in the back ground.

It was a cheap Twilight Zone episode knock off.
Full of pomp and grandeur and it was all about nothing. He pulled the same crap with Unbreakable AND Signs.

To kill the Aliens just get a baseball bat and bash em'?

That was so dumb.

[quote name='buddy the puppy']It was a cheap Twilight Zone episode knock off.
Full of pomp and grandeur and it was all about nothing. He pulled the same crap with Unbreakable AND Signs.

To kill the Aliens just get a baseball bat and bash em'?

That was so dumb.[/quote]

At least the Aliens were real, and Bruce willis really had powers..

This was more like if in the end of Signs, Mel Gibson wakes up and realizes everything was just a bad dream.

Village...i didn't like it..lead u on really good but in the end..jus didnt work out...and that was the ending of signs?...signs was a dream? i didn;t kno that..

Yes, it sucked...*sigh* I was expecting so much more.

*SPOILERS BELOW*

The entire premise was just ridiculous. After finding out the monsters weren't even real, I just gave up on it. I liked his previous 3 movies, but after this one I've lost a lot of faith. His next movie better be dang good if he wants redemption.

The aliens were real, all right. Really stupid.

"Hey, Torg."

"Yeah, Gruntag?"

"This water stuff is really bad, right? It, like, kills us, doesn't it? Torg?"

"Yes, Gruntag. Water is probably the nastiest stuff in all the universe as far as we're concerned."

"OK, Torg. So how come we're going to a planet mostly covered in the stuff and making the people there mad at us? Why are we doing this? Is tagging the plants in yet another hood worth anything compared to our very lives?"

"Shut up, Gruntag. The boss says go, we go."

[quote name='batman2million']Village...i didn't like it..lead u on really good but in the end..jus didnt work out...and that was the ending of signs?...signs was a dream? i didn;t kno that..[/quote]

Please don't confuse this poor person anymore than he/she is already...

"Theenternal"

At least the Aliens were real, and Bruce willis really had powers..

This was more like if in the end of Signs, Mel Gibson wakes up and realizes everything was just a bad dream.

Yeah good point, that sucks even worse!

[quote name='epobirs']The aliens were real, all right. Really stupid.

"Hey, Torg."

"Yeah, Gruntag?"

"This water stuff is really bad, right? It, like, kills us, doesn't it? Torg?"

"Yes, Gruntag. Water is probably the nastiest stuff in all the universe as far as we're concerned."

"OK, Torg. So how come we're going to a planet mostly covered in the stuff and making the people there mad at us? Why are we doing this? Is tagging the plants in yet another hood worth anything compared to our very lives?"

"Shut up, Gruntag. The boss says go, we go."[/quote]

Doesn't matter how little sese it made. Most "M" fans like "THE BUILDUP". This is also known as the "I'm easily entertained by pretty pictures and cool noises" syndrome. Who needs a good story in a movie anymore when you can make the corn rustle all spooky-like?

i heard that catwoman sucked also, but after looking at it, i really enjoyed it. the village i hated , so to each his own .

God damn I was so fucking disappointed by The Village.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone who was pissed by The Village to go see Harold and Kumar Go To WHite Castle. Its amazingly funny.

Screw popcorn rustling, movies COST TOO MUCH nowadays to take chances on a movie that could end up being crap! At least out here in NYC where most movies are between $9 to $10.50.

I liked the 3 previous films, but village was a dissapointment to me. it wasn't neccesarly the "twist" or "suprise ending" (I had seen the twist coming sense the first trailer came out), it was the long periods of boring talk, it took damn near forever for anything interesting to happen.

all 3 of his other movies had personal realizations of some kind that helped the main character grow. We witnessed this in all 3 films, but in Village there was nothing. The whole film had no point, they were the same characters at the end of the movie as they were in the begining. Waste of money

I thought I was the only one. You could tell when it ended that everyone was dissapointed with remarks like f*k this, this sucks, or sighs of dissapointment. And the bad thing is the ending leaves for a sequel.

bread's done
Back