Is it only Warner Bros that is doing the HD DVD to Blu Ray?

vgossain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got a PS3 and have a bunch of HD DVDs that I would prefer to have on Blu Ray - is Warner Bros the only studio that is trading in or did other studios or stores do the same thing?

[quote name='vgossain']I just got a PS3 and have a bunch of HD DVDs that I would prefer to have on Blu Ray - is Warner Bros the only studio that is trading in or did other studios or stores do the same thing?[/QUOTE]

at the moment yeah, and also i think it's 'did' and not 'doing.' i think they were supposed to end the program at the end of 09.

Indeed, on both accounts. Warner is now doing a DVD upgrade program, but it just isn't as good. The price isn't great, and you have to send them the actual DVD, instead of just the cover art.

i still need to swap my hd dvd's to blu ray and i went to the site and it is still up and running and things can be added to the cart so im guessing the offer still stands

i wouldnt send them anything unless they changed their Terms of Use. it was pretty clear that the program was over.

and yes, i will echo at the suckfest that the dvd->blu program is. the RED2BLU was pretty sweet.

Is it over? Their site looks to be still up. I also noticed Planet Earth is back on there. Wasnt it off for a long time? The price is now $15 but its up. Thats the only HD-DVD I have thats on the list :( But wouldnt mind converting it over.

[quote name='Coyotezeye']Is it over? Their site looks to be still up. I also noticed Planet Earth is back on there. Wasnt it off for a long time? The price is now $15 but its up. Thats the only HD-DVD I have thats on the list :( But wouldnt mind converting it over.[/QUOTE]

They won't take Planet Earth if it's narrated by Sigourney Weaver (which is the version I own).

I placed my order for HD-DVD to Blu - and it went through - will be sending my stuff out tomorrow - hopefully it works out okay.

I did see the disney dvd to blu which seems pretty good ($8 off and don't need to lose the DVD) - I may do that with my copies of pixar movies.

It would be nice if Universal and Paramount did trade in programs or even just partnered with Warner and did it through their site. As much as I hope something will like this will happen, I think it's fairly safe to assume that it won't. In a couple months, it's going to be two full years since HD-DVD lost. Warner waited a full year before releasing it's program, of course it probably took them at least 6 months minimum to get the site programed, the warehouse set up, employees hired/trained, etc.

bread's done
Back