Is it possible to play Karaoke Revolution on the PS3?

Jommy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I just bought Karaoke Revolution (without the mic) and I heard the Rock Band mic supposedly works with it because it is just a logitech mic. However when I tried to play KR on my 60GB PS3, it wouldn't detect the mic. Am I doing something wrong?

Is the mic with Rock Band USB? If it is, it should work. Well, I was able to play KR on my PS3 with my USB headset on a 20GB (same as 60GB). If it's bluetooth, it will not work. I'll investigate though.

I've played most of the KR games on my 60GB PS3 without problems, but I don't recall if I have used the Rock Band mike while doing so. They're all just USB mikes, is there any reason one wouldn't work over another?

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I have the PS2 singstar kit. Will KR work with that? (on ps3).
~S[/QUOTE]No, not even on PS2. The SingStar Microphone set is different because you need two mics (which plug into one USB) while KR uses one. Everyone I talked to said it doesn't work.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']Bad move on Konami's part. As the mic's with singstar are really good quality, compared to the junk that came with KR.
~S[/QUOTE]Actually, KR came before SingStar in the U.S. SingStar was in Europe for a while. It's not SCE's fault (they designed SingStar there way), and not really Konami's fault (I believe KR came before SingStar in the first place, but I dunno).

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Is the mic with Rock Band USB? If it is, it should work. Well, I was able to play KR on my PS3 with my USB headset on a 20GB (same as 60GB). If it's bluetooth, it will not work. I'll investigate though.[/quote]

Yeah that's what I thought too, but for some reason when I connect my Rock Band Mic via USB, KR doesn't recognize it for some reason. Can you please try with your Rock Band mic if you have Rock Band and let me know?

[quote name='ZipGun47']I've played most of the KR games on my 60GB PS3 without problems, but I don't recall if I have used the Rock Band mike while doing so. They're all just USB mikes, is there any reason one wouldn't work over another?[/quote]

It sounds like you have the Rock Band mic, but just haven't tried using it yet? Can you please try it and let me know if it works?

I'm thinking maybe the Rock Band mic is made in such a way that it only activates when Rock Band is being played.

[quote name='snowsquirrel']I have the PS2 singstar kit. Will KR work with that? (on ps3).
~S[/quote]

I own Singstar mics and KR mics (one Logitech Vantage PS3/PS2 and one used Konami labeled Logitech). The KR mics will work fine with PS3/PS2 because it is USB. Singstar mics only work with Singstar games, KR mics don't work on Singstar games either.

[quote name='jling84']It sounds like you have the Rock Band mic, but just haven't tried using it yet? Can you please try it and let me know if it works?

I'm thinking maybe the Rock Band mic is made in such a way that it only activates when Rock Band is being played.[/quote]

Just tried the RB mike with the first KR and the American Idol one, and it works fine on both.

[quote name='ZipGun47']Just tried the RB mike with the first KR and the American Idol one, and it works fine on both.[/quote]

So you just plugged in the mic via usb and popped in the game? Nothing special like settings or anything right?

[quote name='jling84']So you just plugged in the mic via usb and popped in the game? Nothing special like settings or anything right?[/quote]

Nope, nothing special. Plug and play.

To add my 2 cents, I've tried all of the Karaoke Revolution games on the PS3 (using the PS2 Logitech USB mic) and they all work fine.

I have not tried the Rock Band mic with these games.

And as multiple people have noted above, the SingStar mics were never compatible with Karaoke Revolution games. So you'll need two sets of mics anyway if you're planning on playing both games. Which sucks, though not as badly as the pile of guitar controllers that's been quitely building in my living room!

[quote name='Phil']Is the PS3 version of Singstar coming with a mic?[/QUOTE]Yes, but it will probably be wired this year. Some may complain because they want wireless, but wireless also means around $20 more probably.

bread's done
Back