Is it really that hard EA? A tale of EA's awful support.

JDai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Alright, before getting started, I'm just going to throw out that this is most likely going to be a rant. You can stick around for the story if you want, but just know you have been warned.

Alright let's start with a back story. Over black friday I purchased a new laptop. It's nice and powerful, but it has no optical drive. I own a physical copy of the Sims 3 I bought at Target a while back. I read online, that you can register a game to your Origin account, so you don't need to insert the disk. When registering the game to my main Origin account with all my games, it came back as used. After doing a little digging, turns out I registered it to another account of mine a while back that since then has been abandoned.

This leads to the story of EA's absolute useless customer support. I decide to chat online with a rep at EA to see if they can transfer the game from my abandoned account to my primary account. EA's online support is 24 hours, but it's currently 10 at night (PST), so the wait is around 40 minutes. Makes sense, but I decide to wait it out. 45 minutes later, a rep starts chatting. I ask him if I can transfer the game and tells me no, the EULA forbids it. Fair enough I guess. I then ask him if I can merge my accounts together and put all my games under my primary account. He says that is possible and asks for the emails of both my accounts. I give it to them and wait a while. I explain to him my dilemma of a new computer and why I want to merge the accounts. He comes back and tells me he'll provide me with EA's customer support number. I ask him why can't I just do it over the web. He tells me it's "security reasons". That's a complete BS answer because I've seen posts on the EA forums of mods merging accounts without having to call for help. He then asks if I have other questions, in which I promptly respond no. 

EA's customer support is absolutely useless. It IS as bad as what people make of it on the web. EA doesn't give a single F and their customer support redirects me to their phone support. If I wanted to call their phone support, I would've done it in the first place and saved 40 minutes. I don't need you to just tell me to call for help, when I'm asking for help. Whatever security reasons there are, it isn't that hard. I can prove I own both accounts, and me calling isn't any more verification than just doing it over the web. Now here I am, at 10 o clock on a Friday night, NOT playing Sims 3 and ranting on CAG. If you read all of this, you get a cookie.

It's not that hard EA. Customer Support is for help, not to redirect to the phone.

I thought they came to your house, spit in your face and then raped your pet, while you watched. Then I read the WHOLE story... A single tear ran down my ass crack.

I expect a chocolate chip, oatmeal.

I thought they came to your house, spit in your face and then raped your pet, while you watched. Then I read the WHOLE story... A single tear ran down my ass crack.

I expect a chocolate chip, oatmeal.
After wasting 20 minutes editing a gif, making it a cookie, I present you your virtual internet cookie. It may taste a lot like a computer monitor, but I assure you it includes over 9000 internet points of awesomeness. Enjoy.

y3fcoKO.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back