Is Lugi's Mansion worth it?

jacobv

CAGiversary!
So I've always been meaning to pick Luigi's Mansion up someday but I just can't seem to get myself to actually buy it. I heard it's really short... but it's only going to set me back $12.99... is it even worth that?

My alternatives are either Mario & Luigi: SSS or Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I would buy Tony Hawk: American Sk8land for the DS but no EbgameStop has it in stock (I'm using store credit).

It's a game that just about anybody can enjoy. My sister, who's more of an old school arcade gamer, came into town for 3 days to visit and see the sights and she wound up spending one and a half of those days playing through LM. It's a fun little game.

$12.99 seems high if it's used or new--I bought a new copy for $14.99 3 years ago.

[quote name='jacobv']So I've always been meaning to pick Luigi's Mansion up someday but I just can't seem to get myself to actually buy it. I heard it's really short... but it's only going to set me back $12.99... is it even worth that?

My alternatives are either Mario & Luigi: SSS or Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. I would buy Tony Hawk: American Sk8land for the DS but no EbgameStop has it in stock (I'm using store credit).[/QUOTE]

It's worth it just to see Gamecube at its beginning, this and Wave Race would be a good $20 to spend.

It is totally worth it. I thought it made great use of the GCN controller as well. Go get it and try it out. It's really fun.

If you are going for the best game of the pack factor, I'd go with Prince of Persia(if it's the console version). PofP is awesomly fun.

However Luigi's Mansion is pretty fun, but is very limited and I can almost guarantee you won't play it again after you beat it. Prince of Persia will make you want to play the other 2 in the series.

If you have $25 to spend get both, you probably won't be dissapointed.

Yeah it's worth it. It's got a bit more play time in it then a rental, and it's probably the closest thing to a 3D Ghostbusters game we'll ever see.

[quote name='dothog']

$12.99 seems high if it's used or new--I bought a new copy for $14.99 3 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I payed $50 for it at launch. Imagine how I feel. :bomb:

[quote name='xghostsniperx']I couldn't get into it at all. Bought it for $5 from a friend last year, and I couldn't force myself to play it past an hour or two.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

It's fun if you play no more than like an hour a month.

I thought it was fun. But I somehow got to a point where I saw a ghost without capturing it, saved, and now I can't go back and get that ghost to reappear so I can progress. Frustrating. I'll probably have to start over, but it's been long enough now that I think it will be worth it. Definitely worth 12.99 just to have it in your collection.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I went my local Gamestop and they only had Luigi's Mansion without the case (disk only) so I decided to wait, yet again, and buy Prince of Persia: Sands of Time instead. Ya'll have convinced me it's worth buying cheap so next time I see a used copy with a case, I'll definitely pick it up.

Awwww.... Luigi's Mansion is a pretty entertaining game. Like others, it was a bit on the short side, but the game felt fully realized and I thought the challenge and fun factor were both about right.

Best moment in the game: When Toad drops a key in the toilet.

fuck yes! fuck YES! fuck YES!!!1

Luigi's Mansion was my first Gamecube game, and is still one of my favorites. Go buy it now.

(When you find a complete copy.)

I played and finished the game a while ago. I think Luigi's Mansion is a fun game. I think it has at least 20 hours of play time. You can probably find it for $10 or less used.

Ya I love luigis mansion! I Think I beat it 8-10 times since I bought it at the first day of release. 7 of them were consecutive lol, the 8th was more recent. It's really cool and kinda fun getting all gold paintings and the largest Mansion =D

I didn't play it til this summer, but is was a very enjoyable game. The physics of the vacuum were great. I hope they make a sequel for the Wii.

Easy to sit down and play in 1 or so sessions. It's nice because there is not a long complicated plot, pretty easy to play, but still pretty fun. One could probably pick up and play this game every few months without getting tired of it.

I'm surprised there has not been a sequel. It's one of those platformers that screams for another.

Personally, if Lugi were to have his own game, I think it should be Super Luigi World or perhaps Super Luigi Mario. For another topic perhaps.

Why would Nintendo make a sequel to the game on the GC? I'm shocked they made Pikmin 2, and that didn't sell nearly as well as the first.

So they were thinking about the Wii for a few years and probably realized they should just wait for the Wii.

bread's done
Back