Is Motorstorm gonna suck as much as the demo?

Stinkfinger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
I'll tell you up front that I don't particularly care for Sony's consoles, so let's get that out of the way first. But I am a gamer at heart and today when I stopped in at Best Buy I mosied on up to the PS3 kiosk (which no one was using) and saw that they had the Motorstorm demo running.

Of all the PS3 launch games Motorstorm looked to be the one I'd buy if I were to buy the system. But after playing it I can't believe how slow it was. Not because of slow down mind you, it was just plain old slow in pace. I'm not sure, is the retail version even out yet? Does the pace pick up later in the game? Seems to me Sony would want to release a demo that gives you a glimpse of the best of what the final game has to offer. If that's what they did, I'm wholly unimpressed.

Try playing in 1st person view. It gives the game a much better sense of speed and makes you feel much more immersed in the game.

I do agree with you though. when using the 3rd person view, it doesn't feel very exciting.

haven't played the demo but I saw somebody playing...it probably looks like it gives you a dreamy floaty sense of feel. Kind of like spidey's spider sense in the Spiderman 2 ps2 game lol

I think all racing games should run at a smooth 60fps to get the most out of it

I played it for a while and kept blowing up because I was hitting the bumps a little too hard. I can appreciate blowing up every now and then from a really hard bump in the road, but not for wussy bumps. I don't want the game to be that realistic.

Everyone else I saw play it kept doing the same thing and most of them didn't know what was happening... they'd just say something like "Oh, I blew up for some reason."

Overall I thought it was okay, but not as good as I was hoping for.

[quote name='panasonic']DUMBASS YOU HAVE TO use the fuckING TURBO[/quote]

I did and it took the game from a snail's pace to the pace of a snail in a hurry. You think I didn't read the controller layout screen while it took forever to load? Dumbass.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']What I wanted to know was, I downloaded the demo so why dose it take so long to load if it's on the hardrive?[/quote]

Not that I have a PS3, but I know on the 360 there's still some loading with demos stored on its harddrive.

'll tell you up front that I don't particularly care for Nintendo's consoles, so let's get that out of the way first. But I am a gamer at heart and today when I stopped in at Best Buy I mosied on up to the Wii kiosk (which no one was using) and saw that they had a video demo running. It didn't have any controllers or nothing. Is the Wii even a video game console? I mean all I saw was this lady explaining shit! I MEAN OMG! If that's what they did, I'm wholly unimpressed.

[quote name='Zoglog']'ll tell you up front that I don't particularly care for Nintendo's consoles, so let's get that out of the way first. But I am a gamer at heart and today when I stopped in at Best Buy I mosied on up to the Wii kiosk (which no one was using) and saw that they had a video demo running. It didn't have any controllers or nothing. Is the Wii even a video game console? I mean all I saw was this lady explaining shit! I MEAN OMG! If that's what they did, I'm wholly unimpressed.[/QUOTE]

WTF does that have to do with Motorstorm?

[quote name='Zoglog']'ll tell you up front that I don't particularly care for Nintendo's consoles, so let's get that out of the way first. But I am a gamer at heart and today when I stopped in at Best Buy I mosied on up to the Wii kiosk (which no one was using) and saw that they had a video demo running. It didn't have any controllers or nothing. Is the Wii even a video game console? I mean all I saw was this lady explaining shit! I MEAN OMG! If that's what they did, I'm wholly unimpressed.[/quote]

I heard the Wii was a sewing machine.

I actually thought that motorstorm had potential, and I could see it being a lot of fun, enjoyed the crashes. However, the game is WAYY too slow paced, and it was pretty tough to control with the sixaxis.

It wasn't only that the game was slow moving, but that it just seemed to chug when running the game. Maybe those problems can be worked out before release, though. The textures and environment were pretty dissapointing, although the cars looked really nice when they were coming apart.

I played Motorstorm at a Target with their crappy LCD screen, arching my head up high to see. I wasn't impressed at all.

I played it today at the Sony Style store on a proper set up, now that was really nice.
I hate the drop in the framerate, that NEEDS to be fixed, but I really had fun this time.

In the dashboard camera it doesn't feel slow at all--especially once you've gotten the controls down to the point that you can be competitive. In fact, when you've got the boost going, and cars and parts and dirt are flying around, it feels pretty goddamn speedy. Loving it more and more the more I play it.

This has been discussed many times.

MotorStorm Demo in kisok = Shitty

MotorStorm updated downloaded demo = much better.

Motorstorm, looked really good on the demo, I definitely want this game. This one demo plays a lot better than the Excite truck game.

I freakin love this game, I don't know what the fuck you are talking about saying it is slow. The demo from the PS3 Store isn't slow at all, I found it to be as fast as PGR3.

[quote name='panasonic']DUMBASS YOU HAVE TO use the fuckING TURBO[/QUOTE]

OMF!!G111!LOL!!@@! STFU!!!@#$

seriously.....no need for full caps

[quote name='Thomas96']Motorstorm, looked really good on the demo, I definitely want this game. This one demo plays a lot better than the Excite truck game.[/QUOTE]

From what I've played of both, Excite Truck seems to be a lot faster, and has better motion controls. Of course, Motorstorm is pretty.

[quote name='jer7583']From what I've played of both, Excite Truck seems to be a lot faster, and has better motion controls. Of course, Motorstorm is pretty.[/quote]
I hated Excite Trucks controls. I enjoyed the game somewhat though.
Control is WAY more precise on Motorstorm, when you learn to use brake. :(

bread's done
Back