Is official DS Lite Headset any good?

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
187 (100%)
I was thinking about picking this up and was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on this headset. It's the official Nintendo branded DS Lite Headset that goes for $15 most places. EB/GS link...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=802623

Mainly, I'm curious if having this plugged in will cut off the speakers and put all normal game sound/music through the single ear piece - or is it similar to the way things work on the 360 (headset/mic only used for voice chat)?

Anyone who has this feel like doing a quick review?

I honestly haven't really seen this in stores, even though I haven't went specifically looking for it. If I can actually remember it the next time I go to get a game, I'll probably pick it up.

Might as well get it cheaper for $9.99 at Amazon if you have other things to buy and qualify for free shipping at $25.

It looks goofy to me, but there are a few reviews below the product description. No mention of audio being on for both at once. Single ear mono audio would bug me and ruin game sounds. There are stereo third party mic/headsets with over-the-head traditional pads.

I picked one up when I got Pokemon, and have used it a few times during trades. I like it, the sound is really good. If I recall correctly though all the sound comes through the headset when plugged in, not through the speakers.

[quote name='edison']I picked one up when I got Pokemon, and have used it a few times during trades. I like it, the sound is really good. If I recall correctly though all the sound comes through the headset when plugged in, not through the speakers.[/QUOTE]

Thanks edison, that was the big question I was looking to get answered (having mono sound through 1 ear just doesn't seem like much fun.)

Based on the review link iazybandit gave, seems like the turtle beach headset might be the best option for me.

bread's done
Back