Is Osu Takaeundkn Ouenknedee worth it?

A

Apossum

yeah, i don't know how to spell. Is this game worth importing for $43? Is there a lot of stuff to unlock and all that?

Basically all you can unlock is harder modes with new characters. Anyway, it's the best game I own for the DS so far. I think it was well worth the money (much more so than Jump Superstars).

If you like music games, get Ouendan - end of discussion.

The first time I played it, it sort of reminded me of my first time playing Parappa. There's a huge amount of charm and character to the game, and you just can't help but love it. The gameplay with the stylus works really well, and it feels like a cross between Parappa/Lammy and Technic Beat. Also, even if you aren't much into Japanese music, most of the tracks are more on the J-rock side and less on the J-pop side, so it is a bit friendlier to Westerners.

All of the short story segments are in Japanese, but even if you can't understand the language, you'll still get the gist of what is going on.

I'm a huge fan of music games, and this is probably right up there in my top five list when it comes to the genre. If you are more into the Bemani stuff, you might not be totally impressed, but if you are more of a Parappa / Gitaroo Man / Bust a Groove / that kind of stuff fan, this is right down your alley.

[quote name='kimsh0t']one thing that sucks is i cant read japanese :p
but know some[/QUOTE]

You won't miss much, really.

But I know how it goes. My conversational Japanese is great, but man I suck at reading and writing. *curses Kanji*

thanks for the info shidoshi, I could always use a new rhythm game.

The only words I know in Japanese are "watashi", "baka", "gomen" and "gomendesai" ;-)

Ouendan is pretty good, but I still like Band Brothers better. I'd say it's worth importing. I paid $43 and have no regrets.

[quote name='comapro']Ouendan is pretty good, but I still like Band Brothers better. I'd say it's worth importing. I paid $43 and have no regrets.[/QUOTE]

See, I just can't get into Band Brothers all that much. I think it is okay when played multi-player, but it isn't the "crazy fun" type of music game like Ouendan, Parappa, Gitaroo Man, etc. It seems more geared towards musicians, at least that's how it comes across to me. To me, there isn't enough response when you hit each market, though I'm not sure what could be added to improve that.

Also, it is hard to hear the music be that MIDI-ish. It kind of reminds me of old Pop'n Music vs. new Pop'n Music, where Band Brothers is more like old Pop'n. After playing newer verisons of Pop'n, I just can't go back to the old ones.

I'm not saying it is a bad game, but Band Brothers and Ouendan are VERY different. I purchased BB because I bought and loved Ouendan, and everybody was saying if you have one you should have the other. I don't think both games are made for the same kinds of people, however.

Hey guys, im just wondering if your all still enjoying this game(read: do you want to sell it to me). I just imported my first game today, the little translator software :p

I know for sure im getting jump superstars, ganbare goemon and the 2 narutos....well ill get them all eventually, still not sure about this one though.

bread's done
Back