Is PGR4 going to become a PH anytime soon?

PikaPichu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Is PGR4 going to be rereleased as a Platinum Hits title anytime soon? The reason I ask is because Gamestop doesn't seem to be carrying it anymore and is selling used copies for $35. BB is selling whatever copies they have left for $40 new.

It should, I heard they just put condemned 2 on the platinum hits, and dont forget lost odyssey, that just got added.

Someone on the forums is selling their sealed copy of PGR4 for $30 which is a great price unless you don't mind a used copy from GS that is cheaper

Greatest FAIL

lol.gif

'Greatest Fail/Misses' I like that that lol

It sucks to hear that it sold so poorly though. The reviews for the game seemed alright. I thought it offered more of what people loved about PGR3. What went wrong?

[quote name='PikaPichu']It sucks to hear that it sold so poorly though. The reviews for the game seemed alright. I thought it offered more of what people loved about PGR3. What went wrong?[/quote]

One thing was that they failed to live up to promises. When it was first announced, all the tracks were supposed to have all versions of different times of the day(morning, afternoon, evening, night). As they got closer to the release date, it was revealed that they had to cut back on that feature cause of the limits of the data on the DVD. That was one feature many people were hoping for.

As for other reasons, maybe like Gran Turismo, people are just looking for another racer. Maybe that's why Dirt sold so well?

[quote name='VipFREAK']Well... at this point FM2 and NFS:pS are EPIC FAILs too.[/quote]

How is Forza 2 a failure when it's sold close to 3.82 million copies?

How is NFS: PS also a failure when it's been out for less time than PGR4 and sold over 1.02 million on the Xbox 360 alone?

[quote name='mtxbass1']How is Forza 2 a failure when it's sold close to 3.82 million copies?

How is NFS: PS also a failure when it's been out for less time than PGR4 and sold over 1.02 million on the Xbox 360 alone?[/QUOTE]

While I agree Forza 2 is superior, remember, they were handing it out free.

[quote name='lordwow']While I agree Forza 2 is superior, remember, they were handing it out free.[/quote]

...for a whole 1-2 months.

Edit: It's also unknown if the 3.82 million number includes these "give away" copies. I doubt it, considering there was no huge spike in sales in Nov/Dec/Jan for Forza 2.

[quote name='mtxbass1']...for a whole 1-2 months.

Edit: It's also unknown if the 3.82 million number includes these "give away" copies. I doubt it, considering there was no huge spike in sales in Nov/Dec/Jan for Forza 2.[/QUOTE]

Give away copies do count for the #s, that's how Wii Sports has done so well.

[quote name='lordwow']While I agree Forza 2 is superior, remember, they were handing it out free.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to mention that. Giving it out like that probably flooded the market with used copies which somehow eventually drove the price down. I own FM2 and love it. I was looking to buy an arcade racer though. I've played the heck out of NFS: MW and don't care much for Burnout. I was thinking that PGR4 would fit the bill. I bought Ridge Racer the other day and am having an absolute blast with it.

I wonder how well PGR4 would've sold if it were the only way to play a true sequel to Geometry Wars Retro Evolved in the foreseeable future. I know it would've made me give it some serious, serious thought.

Here's an interesting update. Speedy's been doing his rounds and posted the 2/24 Target ad, which lists PGR4 for $29.99. Whether this is a Target-specific sale still has yet to be seen as the BB and CC ads have not yet been posted.

bread's done
Back