Is Phantom Dust worth finishing?

hx214

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
Well I went out and picked up phantom dust for the old xbox, to tide me over before I go get a 360 around the holidays, and i've been playing it for about 10 hours and im becoming bored with it. While I enjoy some of the arsenal aspects, and testing out new moves, the battle system has just become repectitive. Plus I finish a battle, go buy junk, edit arsenal, then fight some more.

(The story is, eh... Ok I guess, but no enough to keep me playing on its own, and did anybody else notice that alot of the moves are WORTHLESS, and your CO-OP AI never helps you with the combo moves)

I guess my question is, should I keep playing or have I reached the pinnicle? If its worth it to keep playing, i'll finish it, because I don't think that it will play on the 360 (does it?) so I won't be able to go back to it. Help me out guys.

(I know this games bread and butter was its LIVE play, but I don't think anybody plays anymore)

Blasphemous.

What chapter are you on? You have to at least play through to Chapter 7. The boss battle on Chapter 7 is awesome too.

There's quite a few CAGs who still have the game, but none that still play it regularly. Maybe we could organize a game sometime.

Most of the people who still play hang out at http://xboxphreaker.com/. You should be able to find a match and some good info over there.

I got it with that rebate coupon that made it practically stupid not to get. I played it about 2 hours but just could not get into it. Could be because I had a couple other games to play at the time so it just got past up, but it just seemed too dry for me.

Hey thanks guys, maybe i'll stick it out.

Hey radjago, is there any way to get the co-op AI to work with you on the combo moves? I've tried to just run around right beside them for the whole match, but that doesn't really work. I have a lot of moves that would smash the enemy if I could just hold them still for a couple seconds.

[quote name='drone8888']I'd play with you sometime. Haven't tried it on my 360, but if it works, I'm game.[/QUOTE]
It's not BC yet.

It's not BC yet.

I was worried about that, now if I buy a 360 I may not be able to go back to it if I wanted to. I'm not up with the way the 360 works on that BC stuff, what do they do, like post a patch to download so the xbox games will work?

[quote name='hx214']I was worried about that, now if I buy a 360 I may not be able to go back to it if I wanted to. I'm not up with the way the 360 works on that BC stuff, what do they do, like post a patch to download so the xbox games will work?[/QUOTE]
More or less. Every couple months, they update the backwards compatibility emulator to include more games and improve performance on games that are already on the list. You can download the update over Xbox Live, download it from Xbox.com and burn it to a CD that you can put in your 360 to update it, or pay $5 to have a CD mailed to you.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

I haven't played it in months, but I did get to the mind-blowing twist in the story. Let's just say there's a reason all the characters have generic names and no personal memories.

I hate to necro-bump but i just recently found my copy I use to play this game all the time i got some dust-rust (not to mention i wasnt the greatest other wise) but i am looking for some people to play this with again so the handful of you who still play it im looking for a game jax the ax is my tag

The interview on xboxphreaker kinda got me bummed about the BC possibilities, since I sold my Xbox and just planned to pick up a 360 around Spring. The only Xbox game I didn't sell with the system was Phantom Dust!

Well you never know... they may get the drivers working for another random game that just happens to get Phantom Dust working as well. I think that's why you had some really obscure games getting the BC treatment before some other more obvious ones... by sheer coincidence, the driver solution for one of the popular games applied to the other game engine as well.

[quote name='jax_the_ax15']I hate to necro-bump but i just recently found my copy I use to play this game all the time i got some dust-rust (not to mention i wasnt the greatest other wise) but i am looking for some people to play this with again so the handful of you who still play it im looking for a game jax the ax is my tag[/QUOTE]I definitely want to play this on LIVE so I'd be up for some games. I only played on LIVE a few times actually... finished single player a few months ago (although their appears to be a couple of bonus missions left). Man, I loved this game!

bread's done
Back