Is Suikoden III a good game?

Romeo104K

CAG Veteran
Today I found a copy of Suikoden III for 20 bucks, and I was wondering, is the game worth playing? I've read so much about how the series is supposed to be valuable, but all I care about is whether it will be an enjoyable gaming experience.

It's not nearly as enjoyable as the first two. I've tried to play through it three times now, and I always wind up quitting because I don't care about any of the characters and it plays so darned slow.

I personally LOVE Suikoden III. I'll grand that the story isn't quite as good as Suikoden II, but I can definitely say that the Trinity system of storytelling made me get to know many more characters than the other Suikodens, in which I generally pick a party and the other characters tend to go wasted. Not even a question at 20 clams - pick it up.

If you have played any of the prequels then 3 will let you down termendously. If this is your first time playing a Suikoden game then you'll enjoy it but it is such a disappointment when you have played what has come before.

Bought Suikoden III when it first came out during the B2G1 deal at TRU. I've tried to get through this game a few times, but the lack of music and battle system prevent me from getting anywhere past 4 hours into the game. I'll try again this summer.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Bought Suikoden III when it first came out during the B2G1 deal at TRU. I've tried to get through this game a few times, but the lack of music and battle system prevent me from getting anywhere past 4 hours into the game. I'll try again this summer.[/quote]

Same here...you would think no music is bearable but in reality it's not. What's the point of battling when there's auto battle????

[quote name='jngx80'][quote name='Ecofreak']Bought Suikoden III when it first came out during the B2G1 deal at TRU. I've tried to get through this game a few times, but the lack of music and battle system prevent me from getting anywhere past 4 hours into the game. I'll try again this summer.[/quote]

Same here...you would think no music is bearable but in reality it's not. What's the point of battling when there's auto battle????[/quote]

Here Here!!!

Suikoden III is an excellent game and you should definitely pick it up for $20. It's one of my favorite RPG's of all time and I think its the best PS2 RPG out with the exception of FFX.

bread's done
Back