Is the 16GB M2 Memory Stick Micro on Amazon authentic?

Jommy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
I'm looking at the 16GB M2 Micro memory stick on Amazon for my PSPgo. It is shipped by Amazon but sold by a company called Komputerbay. It is under $24 which makes me a bit suspicious. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Is this item legit? I don't want a bootleg memory stick that fails a week after I get it.

Looks authentic and the PSP Go is stating that MagicGate is supported. I think its safe to say that this is an authentic memory card.

I got my Sandisk M2 16gb memory card from them last month. So far it looks legit and it does show MagicGate is supported in the PSPGo. It is "bulk" packaging though. When I received it was just a small card in a small plastic case holder.

Only real problem I've noticed is that the transfer file speeds are really slow (from inside the PSPGo and using a M2 adapter), tried with 4 different computers too. Ended up having to transfer files to the PSPGo's harddrive then copy them to M2 stick inside which was faster. Playing videos from the M2 is fast; don't know about games though since I haven't tried them.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']I got my Sandisk M2 16gb memory card from them last month. So far it looks legit and it does show MagicGate is supported in the PSPGo. It is "bulk" packaging though. When I received it was just a small card in a small plastic case holder.

Only real problem I've noticed is that the transfer file speeds are really slow (from inside the PSPGo and using a M2 adapter), tried with 4 different computers too. Ended up having to transfer files to the PSPGo's harddrive then copy them to M2 stick inside which was faster. Playing videos from the M2 is fast; don't know about games though since I haven't tried them.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if that is typical performance for these cards of if maybe there's something "not quite right" with yours. I have two 16GB M2 cards (San Disk) and I never noticed and speed issues using them in my PSP-2000 or PSP Go (then again, I wasn't paying particular attention).

[quote name='king9x']Looks authentic and the PSP Go is stating that MagicGate is supported. I think its safe to say that this is an authentic memory card.[/QUOTE]

Did it come with a M2 to MS Pro adapter so it can be used in a PSP-2000?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I wonder if that is typical performance for these cards of if maybe there's something "not quite right" with yours. I have two 16GB M2 cards (San Disk) and I never noticed and speed issues using them in my PSP-2000 or PSP Go (then again, I wasn't paying particular attention).[/QUOTE]

It is slow for me too, I'm getting 2MB/s max copying from the PSP GO internal memory to the memory card and a little less from my computer to the memory card.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Did it come with a M2 to MS Pro adapter so it can be used in a PSP-2000?[/QUOTE]

It does not, but you can buy one for $1.50 from the same seller, it should be a bundle deal below the product picture on amazon.com

bread's done
Back