Is the 80gb MGS4 bundle really discontinued??

sportsmaniac095

CAG Veteran
I have a 150 dollar circuitcity card and was gonna get a mgs4 bundle but i heard it was discontinued is that true?? Also i saw skate sealed for 19.99 at target is that good?

pretty much. you can still find the MGS4 bundle at some random stores for like $600+ dollars, ebay, amazon.com (you have to be there at the right time for the regular $500 price), and newegg.com (which charges like $20 shipping)

It was only a limited edition bundle, so it wasn't going to be around forever. I saw a few of them at a local BB, so they're not completely gone yet.

Let me just say in my area, finding the new 80GB SKU can be hard, but a few stores here and there still have a MGS4 Bundle PS3. It is discontinued no doubt, but you might see it around.

I still see it around here in the bay area.
Funny thing is sony lied to me and told me they were brand new ps3's and not the ones from the motostorm bundle. I hate all sony employees.
I was glad to get this bundle for 100 bucks off but would have got another 100 off if sony didn't keep giving me misinformation.

[quote name='Mr. 420']I still see it around here in the bay area.
Funny thing is sony lied to me and told me they were brand new ps3's and not the ones from the motostorm bundle. I hate all sony employees.
I was glad to get this bundle for 100 bucks off but would have got another 100 off if sony didn't keep giving me misinformation.[/quote]

How are they not brand new? They didn't just refurb a bunch of consoles and package them with MGS. They were unsold Motorstorm bundles (that were still new in the package) that they packaged with MGS.

Also, how would you have gotten another 100 off just because it was a former Motorstorm bundle?

[quote name='Mr. 420']I still see it around here in the bay area.
I was glad to get this bundle for 100 bucks off but would have got another 100 off if sony didn't keep giving me misinformation.[/QUOTE]Actually, I posted that many times at CAG that many of its initial consoles were coming from MotorStorm bundle consoles. The thing is, there were some MotorStorm consoles not even shipped to retailers, and since SCEA wanted to get rid of the last bit, they bundled with MGS4. There was a VERY short production run of the same console. I knew all along that 80GB with PS2 BC stopped production long ago. I mean, there could be consoles which haven't shipped to retailers in 6 months, but as LONG as they haven't been used, they are fine.

I still want to know how Sony lied to Mr. 420. Crap like that has no place without some sort of elaboration. I'm guessing if you asked a Sony employee the same you post, they didn't understand a damn thing you said anyway. They probably said anything to get you off the phone. And seeing as how you bought the damn thing anyway, they could've told you the moon was made of PS3s and you still would've bought it. I'm no Sony fanboy but this hate for either system or the companies that make them has to stop.

/rant

I have to concur with The Mana Knight, MSG4 bundles seem to be pretty scarce in Indiana and I didn't see any during my several road trips to St. Louis and Peoria.

[quote name='depascal22']How are they not brand new? They didn't just refurb a bunch of consoles and package them with MGS. They were unsold Motorstorm bundles (that were still new in the package) that they packaged with MGS.
[/QUOTE]

Is that right? I thought that they had leftover 80G units, not necessarily from the MS bundles, that they had to sell. Packaging it with a newer game like MGS4 got them out the door probably quicker than continuing to bundle it with MS.

I sort of find it hard to believe that they'd scrap the MS bundle packaging and physically rebundle it with MGS4. Seems like a waste of materials and labor.

Oh, back on topic. There are still a few here and there at a couple GS I frequent.

[quote name='depascal22']
I have to concur with The Mana Knight, MSG4 bundles seem to be pretty scarce in Indiana and I didn't see any during my several road trips to St. Louis and Peoria.[/quote]
Funny that you mention the MGS4 bundle in Indiana. I was just there visiting my wife's family a couple weeks ago and I saw a MGS4 bundle at a Walmart near the place we were staying. We were at Lake Silvan (is that how you spell it?) which is about 45 min away from Fort Wayne so if anyone's near there I'd call the Walmarts. Sorry, I don't have any more info on where it exactly was, though, and who knows if it's still there. There might have been more than one.

It seems that as of mid September the only major retailers still selling the Metal Gear Solid PS3 are Sears and Toysrus. If you want one grab them quick!

I believe I've seen them at my local Play N Trade in Santa Clarita. They will be very hard to find come Christmas time. Call the store to find out if they have any in stock. (661) 222-1112 :D

If someone is trying to find the bundle, they might want to check Sam's Club. I went to my local Sam's Club, which doesn't show anywhere they carry it, but in the cage I saw two of them (along with the regular 80GB).

[quote name='depascal22']How are they not brand new? They didn't just refurb a bunch of consoles and package them with MGS. They were unsold Motorstorm bundles (that were still new in the package) that they packaged with MGS.

Also, how would you have gotten another 100 off just because it was a former Motorstorm bundle?[/quote]

Mine was made june 08..........

[quote name='sportsmaniac095']I have a 150 dollar circuitcity card[/QUOTE]
Better spend the Circuit City GC quick regardless of the system.

[quote name='Cheapass24']Mine was made june 08..........[/QUOTE]Some of the early MGS4 bundles were just MotorStorm ones. Some of the later ones people got in July were newer ones (for a short production run).

bread's done
Back