Is the buy-one-get-one-half off sale at Circuit city worth it for SMG and SSB:B?

WolfPac_Ite

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I just saw the sign in Circuity City and Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl are two of the games I do want, but particularly Smash Bros. Since I've only gotten my Wii a little over two weeks ago, I haven't been looking around for Wii deals. I know I can get Brawl on eBay for $41-43 shipped if I try enough, but I don't know if there is a better deal for Galaxy somewhere else.

Do you think Galaxy will lower in price later this year? Or should I jump on this sale?

Thanks bros!

PS any better price/deal combo for SSB:B then $43?

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']I just saw the sign in Circuity City and Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl are two of the games I do want, but particularly Smash Bros. Since I've only gotten my Wii a little over two weeks ago, I haven't been looking around for Wii deals. I know I can get Brawl on eBay for $41-43 shipped if I try enough, but I don't know if there is a better deal for Galaxy somewhere else.

Do you think Galaxy will lower in price later this year? Or should I jump on this sale?

Thanks bros!

PS any better price/deal combo for SSB:B then $43?[/quote]

Just buy the first party Mario games ASAP. They won't drop in price for more than $5-$10. SSBM is still $40 used in GameStop (I know it's overpriced).

The only ones that I can think of really dropping are Super Mario Sunshine, which was unpopular with a lot of people, and the GC Mario Golf. There are prolly a few more, IDK.

So yeah, go for the CC deal, PM it at Best Buy, or just buy SSBB from the guy above me. It's all good, if you want the game.

mario games generally never lose their value so the price is rarely going to drop. Not sure if in the states blockbuster has preplayed game sales, but right now i could grab SMG there for 39.99 with 25% off. 35~$ and just take into fact you could probably trade in some crappy games as well.

For the love of god, YES!!! If you're waiting for a drop in price, you'll have to wait a few years. Like JnJosh said, price reductions are near impossible.

Unless you know where you can find cheap first part Nintendo games, I'd jump all over the sale. They won't be this cheap for years.

Mario games rarely ever lose value (aside from $5-10).

I'd definitely go for it. It is a great deal. If you don't have Mario Kart Wii, I'd suggest grabbing that as well with maybe a 4th game. Your Wii is new, so I'm unsure what your library looks like but these three are all great games.

Look for excite truck on the cheap as well. Its well worth the CC price of sub $20 (I believe) if it can be found.

Search here for the threads of praise oon excite truck.

Considering the Wii is a year and a half old and Zelda's still at full price, I don't see Mario Galaxy dropping, especially since it's the #1 game on the Wii (well the highest selling actual GAME, none of the Wii Play/Sports crap).

i'd pull the trigger. the games are great (and long enough to make them both worth the full prices). i work with circuit city, and they're definitely one of the best places to get discounts on the most popular or the newest games. you can try joining the circuit city gamer savings club as well, try to knock off a couple more bucks. overall a good investment, if you ask me.

Sweet, thanks for the replies guys.

What about No More Heroes for $20? Do you think it will get cheaper in the near future? Or is there already a better deal on it?

[quote name='traininvain']you can try joining the circuit city gamer savings club as well, try to knock off a couple more bucks.[/QUOTE]

If I register online, will I be able to get my discount now before the sale is over? Or can I get the card in-store to speed things up?

I'm thinking about it, although I suspect the MSRP will drop to $20 before long, which might make for cheaper deals elsewhere.

I'm thinking about if Rayman Raving Rabbids is worth the price, and if there are any better deals for it?

You can hold off on anything that isn't a first party Nintendo game. Every other game that's out now will be cheaper in a couple months.

if I didn't already have ssbb I would've already bought this with mario kart wii. Considering that it's worth $100 for both you're saving yourself $25. And no I don't think there will be any price drops for Mario Galaxy that game can sell on it's own. The best deal I saw for MG was the TRU pre-oder where it came with a $25 gift card. But that's similar to this but instead of getting a gift card you just save $25 instantly.

[quote name='RenoTurk11']Mario games rarely ever lose value (aside from $5-10). [/QUOTE]

Wrong. I can't think of a Mario title from the past few generations (save for the original Paper Mario) that didn't become Player's Choice and drop to $20.

The question is when that's going to happen for the Wii. I'd guess sooner rather than later (cheap games would be a good draw for the older crowd the Wii's attracted), but we won't know until it happens.

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Wrong. I can't think of a Mario title from the past few generations (save for the original Paper Mario) that didn't become Player's Choice and drop to $20.

The question is when that's going to happen for the Wii. I'd guess sooner rather than later (cheap games would be a good draw for the older crowd the Wii's attracted), but we won't know until it happens.[/QUOTE]
True but the Wii is selling much better than the Gamecube ever did so there is no need for price drops on such good games since more and more people are buying them and most don't hesitate at the $50 price point

I doubt the prices on any of them will drop...Look at SSBM, still 30$ after how many years? It barely dropped from 50 to 30 and it took ages for the drop.

[quote name='Persona7']I doubt the prices on any of them will drop...Look at SSBM, still 30$ after how many years? It barely dropped from 50 to 30 and it took ages for the drop.[/quote] Its 40 used at GS and a source tells me its going up to 45.
How can 2 new mario games not be worth $75?
Go with it.

Wow, I was at target earlier in the week and they mad like 40 copies of it for 29.99 each...Hmm.

As stated, BUY THE GAMES! This is a really good deal.

[quote name='Persona7']Wow, I was at target earlier in the week and they mad like 40 copies of it for 29.99 each...Hmm.

As stated, BUY THE GAMES! This is a really good deal.[/QUOTE]

Forty copies of SSB:M?

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Forty copies of SSB:M?[/quote]

Haha, I think he was exaggerating a little bit...

[quote name='WolfPac_Ite']Forty copies of SSB:M?[/quote]Well, I did not count them but they had 2 full rows and the third row had like 2 copies...Im guessing somewhere between 20 and 40 something copies.

The only 2 Gamecube games they have left inside the glass case are SSBM and Zelda : TP gamecube.

bread's done
Back