Is the friend code topic obsolete?

weimerwanger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
There can only be 32 friends in your list (for mkds at least) and to play "friends" mode both parties need to list each other... so shouldnt there be a comprehensive list that groups people by groups of 30-ish so that people are sure to have each other listed?

After each 32 there should be a separation so that you know that the people you're adding will be adding you...

does this make sense?

I'd like to play with CAG's but if theres a 32 maximum to how many friends you can have (there's way more than 32 people in the topic) and both must list each other, then I cant really count on playing any other CAGs, eh?

[quote name='weimerwanger']There can only be 32 friends in your list (for mkds at least) and to play "friends" mode both parties need to list each other... so shouldnt there be a comprehensive list that groups people by groups of 30-ish so that people are sure to have each other listed?

After each 32 there should be a separation so that you know that the people you're adding will be adding you...

does this make sense?

I'd like to play with CAG's but if theres a 32 maximum to how many friends you can have (there's way more than 32 people in the topic) and both must list each other, then I cant really count on playing any other CAGs, eh?[/QUOTE]

I think the limit is actually 50 or 60...

Apparently it is 60 friends (I just added codes until it prevented me). Since Nintendo's goal with the friend codes was to have people exchange them in person, 60 is a pretty decent number but it is true that this list is obviously too large to be completely useful.

I wish that we had an MK DS database that sorted users by State, Time Zone, and typical play time. The problem that I am having is I usually log into WFC at around 10:00 pm EST. I rarely ever see the friend icon when I connect which means that people I have on my list aren't online. The other issue is that 75% of the people in my list have not added me to their list. So those entries are completely useless.

If we could know what times CAGers play and what timezone they are in, it would allow us to add friend codes for people who we could actually play.

http://geezergamers.com/ has a pretty good game scheduler set up for XBL maybe someone could make a similar type of scheduler for here on CAG.

I had thought about asking someone over there to make a Nintendo WiFi scheduler, but knew I'd of been laughed at since so far there's only 1 woman, and myself that have even posted about Nintendo a WiFi game on that board.

bread's done
Back