Is The Gamecube for Kids?

WilleyStyle

CAG Veteran
I love my Gamecube don't get me wrong but there are some pretty questionable games that i wouldn't touch with a ten foot poll, you guys know what im talkin about (hamtaro). I know They have resident evil and other survival horror games, and i cant wait for zelda this year but besides that what can i look foword to?

No, and your avatar is annoying, and you bump topics from a year and a half ago.

Go to ebworld.com and look at the coming soon section.

Last I checked there wasn't a Hamtaro game for the GC. But I do think the PS2 is for kids because they have all those Powerpuff Girls and Harry Potter games.

I agree with the OP on the system being kid like, however we have had this discussion many times before, couldn't he have just bumped one of those older topics, instead of making a new thread on it?

technically lots of its games are for "all ages" but most adults don't want to be put on the same level as a child.

Anyone else think the OP needs to read a few stickies and maybe take a "how to use a forum" quiz before posting anything else around here?

Is the gamecube kiddy? No self respecting gamer would even ask that question. My brothers girl friend is 30 years old, has an IQ of 140 (yeah i dared her to take an IQ test and well she beat mine by 20 points, anyways..) and loves Hamataro (spell). So your definition of "Kiddy" is a based on opinion, (last time I checked kids games are games rated EC by the ESRB). So before the thread gets locked, no I don't..

and just my view on the topic...if you feel the gamecube is "kiddie" youre clearly not much of a gamer.

just because games on the cube are made accessable to kids does not mean they dont have great gameplay. if you have a problem with your own sexuality/masculenity that you cannot be seen playing pikmin, you might want to get help.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='zionoverfire']couldn't he have just bumped one of those older topics[/quote]

the IRONING is delicious![/quote]

Oh god what am I getting flak for now?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='zionoverfire']couldn't he have just bumped one of those older topics[/quote]

Oh god what am I getting flak for now?[/quote]

wow, guilty conscience there? :lol:

the OP has been bumping year old topics all day long.

Yes, yes it is. If someone finds out you play the GC you are considered a little girl and will be made fun of for the rest of your life.

[quote name='Rig']No. The PS2 and Xbox has their share of the kids games as well. :roll:[/quote]

The funny thing is that the Xbox had to go a couple of years without any good support for the younger members of the family. A lot of kid friendly titles would be on PS2 and GameCube while skipping over Xbox on the assumption it wasn't a viable market for such titles. Then the tide changed and many titles that had been out for a year or more got Xbox version such as Scooby-Doo and Harry Potter's early titles.

To me it was a sign that market perception of Xbox had changed and Microsoft was geting that brand properly established for a stronger followup.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='zionoverfire']couldn't he have just bumped one of those older topics[/quote]

Oh god what am I getting flak for now?[/quote]

wow, guilty conscience there? :lol:

the OP has been bumping year old topics all day long.[/quote]

Ohhh :oops:, I thought it might be in reference to my trade topic.

For Nintendo, it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. Their strength in the youngest demographics is one of their greatest assets. It would be suicidal to abandonit in the pursuit of new markets but at the same time they're penalized for it by people who are too self-concious for their own good.

If the game is fun and only comes on one platform, then get that platform. If you like Mario Sunshine do you expect it would be better somehow if Mario were replaced by Wolverine? If you have a creeping suspicion that buying a GameCube will make you appear to have latent homosexual urges to others you should probably save the money for a round of psychotherapy.

Someone has to be the gateway for new gamers to enter the world of gaming, Sony and M$ are all about the people with the cash (18 and up) So nintendo try to aim for the widest demographics they can get.

Also:
GC0326_1_lq.jpg

POW!
End of discussion.

[quote name='Alpha2']Someone has to be the gateway for new gamers to enter the world of gaming, Sony and M$ are all about the people with the cash (18 and up) So nintendo try to aim for the widest demographics they can get.

Also:
GC0326_1_lq.jpg

POW!
End of discussion.[/quote]

yup.

[quote name='whoknows']Yes, yes it is. If someone finds out you play the GC you are considered a little girl and will be made fun of for the rest of your life.[/quote]

Too late, they already know about my pink frilly underwear.

[quote name='kaji7p56'][quote name='Alpha2']Someone has to be the gateway for new gamers to enter the world of gaming, Sony and M$ are all about the people with the cash (18 and up) So nintendo try to aim for the widest demographics they can get.

Also:
GC0326_1_lq.jpg

POW!
End of discussion.[/quote]

yup.[/quote]

Yes now make another dozen games like that and perhaps interest in the system will increase. It has the capacity to support games with amazing graphics and gameplay, so why haven't we seen a game like this in the past?

[quote name='zionoverfire']Yes now make another dozen games like that and perhaps interest in the system will increase. It has the capacity to support games with amazing graphics and gameplay, so why haven't we seen a game like this in the past?[/quote]

The problem for nintendo was always 3rd party support and they alienated many of them with their practices over the 8 and 16 bit generations. If they can continue building up relations again they might get a few more first run titles. No it wont help dig the GC out of last place but they arent going to win back their popularity in a single generation.

But now the problem is with the "revolution" coming next gen will they alienate developers with a system that wont do what they want it to do. Trying to innovate is good aslong as you dont further alienate the standard game developer who might just want to make a simple fighting game.

3rd parties suck at making games most of the time.

like RE4.

fewer games like RE4 and more games like Wind Waker.

[quote name='DenisDFat']3rd parties suck at making games most of the time.

like RE4.

fewer games like RE4 and more games like Wind Waker.[/quote]

Are you serious? :shock:

Wind Waker is good. but so is RE4. I start to wonder if you even play half of these games between whacking off in mayo and kicking puppies

yes, the gamecube is for kids. I don't see how anyone over the age of 5 could possibly enjoy anything it has to offer. :arrow:

Silly rabbit Gamecubes are for kids. On a side note did anyone think Baten Kaitos was any good cause I'm thinking about picking it up? :)

[quote name='SupremeNumNuts'][quote name='DenisDFat']3rd parties suck at making games most of the time.

like RE4.

fewer games like RE4 and more games like Wind Waker.[/quote]

Are you serious? :shock:[/quote]

No he's clinically insane, we dont talk about dennis just ignore him.

I'm new to the forums. I've had an Xbox for three years, and I was only able to find 2 or 3 games that were both good, and appropriate for my 5 year old. I just received a GC for Christmas, and my son LOVES Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker.

As noted above, it really is quite simple. If you like the Nintendo style games (e.g. Mario, Zelda, Mario Party, etc), and/or you want to introduce your kids to gaming (using Nintendo games) you need a Game Cube.

bread's done
Back