Is the Gears of War 3 Xbox 360 console worth it?

variablesunknown

CAGiversary!
So I missed the awesome $75 credit with the $299 xbox 360 slim yesterday and was pretty bummed. I can still pop for one at bestbuy but then I will be paying about $23 tax on top of the the $299.

Anyway the Gears 3 special edition is pretty impressive from just a technical/budget standpoint: 320gb hdd, 2 custom new controllers with the switchable d-pad, Gears of War 3, and some free DLC, in addition to being a pretty crazy looking system.

I was going to buy Gears anyway, so for only $100 more I get the game (which would be $60 on its own), 100gb more space and two custom, redesigned controllers. I am not the biggest gears fan but for one $100 more it seems like a good overall deal.

What do you guys think?

Hm, if you aren't big on Gears of War and foresee yourself picking up a Kinect in the future, I'd recommend the Star Wars Limited Edition 360 Console.

It costs 49.99 more, and you lose a controller, probably the better game, and the dlc you could probably flip on eBay to recoup costs, and.. okay, nevermind, get the Gears one instead.

Unless you're a Star Wars fan.

I won't worry about it. MS will always have holiday bundle and there should be a deal around black friday that will be just as good if not better

I was having the same dilemma, I am just gonna do some credit building and then get one in a few months. I dont think these will be that hot of an item, unlike the star wars one.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Does anyone think there's any possibility of a Mass Effect 3 console?[/QUOTE]

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

[quote name='blindinglights']I would buy that in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]

You and I both. I don't know, I just have this inkling feeling that it could be a possibility which would leave me regretting my Gears console purchase heh.

I'm certain the outcome hinges on whether or not I pull the trigger on this one, haha.

bread's done
Back