Is the Kweli Beautiful Mixtape Vol 2 good?

Yeah apparently he'd been selling it at concerts lately, but my brother who was at the one in DC last October didn't have the cash... So okayplayer.com here I come. I'm sure "the zoo" will lend us his opinion shortly.

he has dat song called "Pieces of Mind" or something??

anyone heard it before??

is it on his new album or his mixtapes??

and is it produced by Kanye West?? coz kinda sounds like his style...

I got dat song on the hiphopsite.com pre-emptive hype cd, my favorite song on dat sampler (coz other than OC and De La, most of the rest of it is backpackre hiphop)

I aint listen to Kweli since Train of Thought... and the New Danger by Mos Def hella sucked

I think I've finally completed my quest for every Kweli song ever produced with my recent aquisition of the Kweli freestyles and rarities (fucking great btw) and I can tell you yes, it is an awesome album. Not as good as Mixtape Vol. 1, IMO, but definitely worth it, as is all his stuff. He is truly a god among hip hop.

[quote name='JEKKI']he has dat song called "Pieces of Mind" or something??

anyone heard it before??

is it on his new album or his mixtapes??

and is it produced by Kanye West?? coz kinda sounds like his style...

I got dat song on the hiphopsite.com pre-emptive hype cd, my favorite song on dat sampler (coz other than OC and De La, most of the rest of it is backpackre hiphop)

I aint listen to Kweli since Train of Thought... and the New Danger by Mos Def hella sucked[/quote]

New Danger was awesome. He took a rock style and performed it perfeclty. It's what Linkin Park strives to be.

As for me, I'm the self-proclaimed forum Talib Kweli knowledge base. :)

Beautiful Mixtape Volume 2 was alright, but I enjoyed Volume 1 a lot more. However, they're both better than The Beautiful Struggle, which was probably the biggest disappointment of 2004. I had such high expectations for the album, but the production was subpar, and the album in general wasn't anything special. Even The New Danger was a lot better (it was also a disappointment because I was expecting Black on Both Sides 2, but there are still a lot of great songs).

The Beautiful Struggle was great. People didn't like it because he delved too deep into political issues, but for me, that was icing on the cake. I thought it was his best work since the Blackstar Album.

It's good to hear the Volume 2 tape is alright, it should be coming shortly :)

As for the Beautiful Struggle and The New Danger being subpar, go into the albums expecting nothing or even judging it against what came out last year. I think they're two of the best albums in pretty recent memory.

RichD1, where'd you find a cd version that contains fortified live, 2000 seasons, and the manifesto other than the "Best of Talib Kweli"? I don't want to pay for three songs and a bunch I've already purchased. I'm kinda hoping I don't have to buy the Soundbombing CDs, even though they're probably really, really good.

[quote name='MadChedar0']

RichD1, where'd you find a cd version that contains fortified live, 2000 seasons, and the manifesto other than the "Best of Talib Kweli"? I don't want to pay for three songs and a bunch I've already purchased. I'm kinda hoping I don't have to buy the Soundbombing CDs, even though they're probably really, really good.[/quote]

On my harddrive.
:)
³ ³ # ³ Track Name ³ Time ³ ³
³ ÃÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ-ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´ ³
³ ³ 01 ³ Jackin for Beats ³ 03:18 ³ ³
³ ³ ³ (DJ Cipha Sounds Freestyle) ³ ³ ³
³ ³ 02 ³ To Make Things Better (DJ Hurricane) ³ 02:34 ³ ³
³ ³ 03 ³ On Mission (Reflection Eternal) ³ 03:28 ³ ³
³ ³ 04 ³ The Anti-Love Movement (Ft. Total) ³ 02:40 ³ ³
³ ³ 05 ³ 2000 Seasons (Reflection Eternal) ³ 03:40 ³ ³
³ ³ 06 ³ What If ³ 04:17 ³ ³
³ ³ ³ (L-Fudge, Mike Zoot, Shabaam Sahdeeq, Jig³ ³ ³
³ ³ 07 ³ Hip Hop Worth Dying for (Main Flow) ³ 03:38 ³ ³
³ ³ 08 ³ The Human Element (Ft. Tae) ³ 03:25 ³ ³
³ ³ 09 ³ Fruits of Labor (Wizdom Life) ³ 04:05 ³ ³
³ ³ 10 ³ Oz Theme 2000 (Kool G Rap, Lord Jamar) ³ 03:12 ³ ³
³ ³ 11 ³ Sharp Shooters (Dead Prez) ³ 03:19 ³ ³
³ ³ 12 ³ Chaos (Ft. Bahamadia) ³ 03:21 ³ ³
³ ³ 13 ³ Communicate (Ge-Ology, Sadat X) ³ 02:19 ³ ³
³ ³ 14 ³ The Express (Reflection Eternal) ³ 03:43 ³ ³
³ ³ 15 ³ Lunchroom Classics (Makeba Mooncycle) ³ 03:10 ³ ³
³ ³ 16 ³ Time Zone (DJ Spinna, Apani B Fly MC) ³ 04:03 ³ ³
³ ³ 17 ³ Nuclear Hip Hop (Mood) ³ 03:28 ³ ³
³ ³ 18 ³ Moodswings Remix (Asheru) ³ 03:15 ³ ³
³ ³ 19 ³ High Drama Pt.2 Remix ³ 03:05 ³ ³
³ ³ ³ (Mike Zoot, Mos Def, Star Orion, Jigmasta³ ³ ³
³ ³ 20 ³ Here We Go ³ 02:20 ³ ³
³ ³ 21 ³ Tony Touch Freestyle ³ 02:25 ³ ³
³ ³ 22 ³ Fortified Live (Reflection Eternal) ³ 04:24 ³ ³
³ ³ 23 ³ Don't Let Up (Ft. Planet Asia) ³ 03:41 ³ ³
³ ³ 24 ³ Kweli Speaks ³ 01:09 ³ ³
³ ³ ÃÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÅÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ´ ³
³ ³ ³ Total ³ 77:59 ³ ³

And yes, the Soundbombing CDs are fucking quality.

Shoot me a PM. ;)

[quote name='MadChedar0']As for the Beautiful Struggle and The New Danger being subpar, go into the albums expecting nothing or even judging it against what came out last year. I think they're two of the best albums in pretty recent memory.[/quote]
I aint listen to Beautiful Struggle, but even listen to New Danger without expectation, it still disappoint.

sometime its like he not even singing or rapping... he's jus talking and yelling out phrases here and there...

especially with a lot of other good album out this year like Cee Lo, Ghostface, De La, Madvillain, etc, the album does nothing but bore...

still, not as disappointing as Mr Cheeks - Ladies and Ghettomen

EDIT: oh, on the subject of hiphop, I hope no one mind me plugging my auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3868116955

autographed poster of MF Doom! :lol: wanna save me some cash yo

Awesome CD. Worth it just for the Blackstar songs alone. Also Planet Asia from Fresno (Where I live) is on the Teef's Theme which is quality. I actually like all The Beautiful's (Mixtape Vol. 1, 2, Struggle) about the same.

I'm currently in the process of building www.BlackstarX.net

That design is NOT the design I'll be using.
Anyone with web design skill is welcome to lend a helping hand. It will be much appreciated.

[quote name='RichD1']I'm currently in the process of building www.BlackstarX.net

That design is NOT the design I'll be using.
Anyone with web design skill is welcome to lend a helping hand. It will be much appreciated.[/quote]

Nice, make sure you inform us when you complete the site.

bread's done
Back