Is the new batch of RE2 a reprint?

dwsscs

CAGiversary!
Did anyone actually figure out if the latest online store restocks were a reprint or fluke find?

[quote name='lurknomore']read the long thread posted in the deals forum...the answer many times over is within.[/quote]

I read that and there are many contradictions in the thread. Which is why I asked the question.

[quote name='evilmax17']fluke find.[/quote]

This is the most recent contradiction to the fluke find from the other thread. I just wanted a some sort of solid answer, and this sounds like one.

Asked about the status of RE2 and whether or not Game Express would be able to get any more copies in and I got this today (thank God I got my order in):

Dear John,

At this time, Resident Evil 2 NGC has been completely sold
out. Capcom has released small batch of the version
but they are planning to release in near future which we
don't have any expected release date.

We do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Please do let us know if you have any questions.
Thank you so much for shopping with Game Express Online!

Philip
Game Express Online
http://www.gameexpress.com

So I guess that explains it... now I just wonder about RE3.

Hmmm, that email feels a little bit like the rumors of the Rez reprint. Though it would certainly be nice if Capcom did re-release all the GCN Resident Evils, I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Didn't people hear Capcom representatives go from "There is no rerelease planned" to "Capcom is considering rereleasing the other Resident Evils"? Even if the batch is a fluke find, it seems a larger rerelease is very possible.

[quote name='dwsscs']It would kind of make since because the online stores seem to be restocking.[/quote]

Well, it's only been two online retailers so far (Game Quest Direct and Game Express), which doesn't really suggest a wide-spread re-release.

I think that these were still flukes. The reason that these small companies are stringing us along is that they want you to stick around their businesses. There would be no reason for Capcom to re-release the Res. Evils...unless the Res. Evil 4 sales were so impressive to warrant it. I imagine that they were good, but not earth-shattering. So not in the near future...try again around the holidays.

[quote name='anteis24']I asked if RE2 was re-released and this is the very straight-forward response I got from gameexpress.com:

Dear Andy,

Resident Evil has been re-released.
Thank you~

Kate
Game Express Online
http://www.gameexpress.com [/quote]

Umm... Picky but yeah, RE was re-released.... now how about RE2? :twisted:

bread's done
Back