Is the old PS3 still being updated?

flufflogic

CAG Veteran
I will be purchasing an old PS3 with PS2 backwards compatibility.

Are the old PS3s still being updated with the slim and other slew of PS3 consoles?

Unfortunately, all that useless stuff. I wish they just left it alone because now I can't sign onto PSN. Just waiting for a workaround so I can use it as intended and without the bloatware.

[quote name='DPsx7']Unfortunately, all that useless stuff. I wish they just left it alone because now I can't sign onto PSN. Just waiting for a workaround so I can use it as intended and without the bloatware.[/QUOTE]

:applause: I'm too lazy to use a workaround, but I agree with you on the bloatware. There have been too many crap updates(Facebook icons, 60 billion PS Store icons, PS Home(which is total crap imo)) and not enough GOOD updates.

What irks me most though is that you HAVE to update when THEY want you to or you're not allowed on PSN until you do. What if I just popped on to play a game with some friends on there and they only have a limited amount of time to game? Oh well. The almighty Sony says 'update now peasant or no PSN for you'.

And yes, I have alot of 'hate' for Sony, since I play games for the sake of playing games and I don't care one whit about what system they're on.

Exactly what I said in the other thread I just posted in(Playstation Phishing Email Scam).

They DID make a great system with ALOT of really good features, but now it seems as time is going on they're gimping the system more and more. The PS2 BC I can kind of understand due to the alleged cost of adding the chips, though I would've thought by this far out from launch that the PS2 chips would've been a much cheaper addition.

Then again, they probably removed that due to the rumored(and probably soon to be true) PS2 'classics' download service they probably have in the works right now.

As for the Other OS thing, that was supposedly removed due to 'hackers'. Personally though, some games this gen have only been worth the price of a burnable disc due to being glitchy pieces of crap.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Then again, they probably removed that due to the rumored(and probably soon to be true) PS2 'classics' download service they probably have in the works right now.[/QUOTE]

I can see that happening but what about all the old PS2 games that people still have while their PS2 took a crap. Maybe if they implement the PS2 classics how they were gonna roll out the umd transfer program I'd be interested but I'm happy with my old BC PS3 anyways.

Or at least if they allowed you to download a little file that gave you the BC via software for just the one game. If that were the case, I'd pop in Vice City and play some classic GTA. I loved that game and all of the music in it.

If Sony discontinues the PS2 anytime soon and stores start to clearance it uber cheap, then I'll pick one up like I did a PSone last gen for $15.

bread's done
Back