Is the Planet Terror Best Buy Steelbook DVD sold out?

ShaneFalco

CAGiversary!
I preordered it two weeks ago online since I assumed it would sell out the first day of release

I check the website today and all the bay area stores were sold out and it was sold out online as well

Also the transformers lithograph was sold out.

anyone want to share their stories or experiences?

I also ordered it online but I should receive it either today or tomorrow.

Did you get a shipping confirmation? I got mines on Sunday.

There was only one left at my best buy around 2pm yesterday. I was tempted, but the steelbook death proof was sold out before so I figured I would just get the regular PT

I got the shipping confirmation e-mail last week

the milpitas best buy was also sold out of the regular planet terror dvd.

they said people lined up before 10am to hog all the dvds

I think if the movie was distributed by Universal or Warner Bros or some other big studio instead of the Weinstein Brothers there would be more planet terror dvds on the shelves.

the girl at the store said they only got about 40 copies.

Considering the fact that the Best Buy Sunday flyer said "15 copies per store", yes -- most copies will be gone by today, if not this weekend.

When I went to a 'rural' BB in September in an out-of-the-way town that's never hit very hard for sales and such, they had one copy left for Death Proof. After I was there -- no copies.

I called the same BB yesterday, $5 coupon in hand from DP, and the nice lady put a copy of Planet Terror aside for me at the Customer Service desk until I could haul ass during my lunch break.

If I were to attempt a purchase at either of my local BBs closer to my residence after work hours, I would have had no luck locating said steel case edition -- the demand for collectible media in my area is ravenous, to say the least.

I went to the BB near where I work (Maryland) and they had tons of steel book version of Planet Terror and Death Proof.

[quote name='wolverinefactor']Bonus disc and the steel case. Remember that the deathproof steelbook came with a $5 off coupon. I had forgotten :'([/quote]

Me too. I actually found it sitting on a table right after I already opened the DVD. I would've just returned that copy and bought it again with the coupon. Oh well, not the first time I left money on the table.

Yeah I got the last one at my local BB at 3pm. The funny thing is some other guy was their looking around and didn't see it, so he kept bugging the clerks about if their were anymore hidden in the store.

PS I also forgot about the coupon in Death Proof.

[quote name='Kuma']i got to my location at around 10 am and they had 15. My friend went later in the day but they were gone[/quote]I hope they had them at 10, seeing as thats when they open

They're totally gone here in Tallahassee; all sold out the first day. I got mine, of course...looks great next to the Death Proof steelbook. :)

is this the next trend where people are going to camp out in front of stores before 8 or 10am to buy exclusive dvds?

at least we have this site so we can know the exclusives before they come out so if it is possible we can order them online unless it is Target or Circuit City.

Its obvious certain stores get more then others. Went to the Boston stors near Fenway on Thursday [been busy till then] and they sold out of the steelbook on Wed night, and people bought the regular dvd instead since that was also sold out. Today went to suburban store with the hopes, and was rewarded. Had about dozen steelbook, lots of regular ones.

[message posted using my Wii internet channel]

[quote name='LanceJr']Its obvious certain stores get more then others. Went to the Boston stors near Fenway on Thursday [been busy till then] and they sold out of the steelbook on Wed night, and people bought the regular dvd instead since that was also sold out. Today went to suburban store with the hopes, and was rewarded. Had about dozen steelbook, lots of regular ones.

[message posted using my Wii internet channel][/QUOTE]

Yeah, the Boston stores are usually notorious for selling out of things like that real quick

bread's done
Back